Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Racer Holster

jacala

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like my Race Master holster. When the gun is in the holster it is rock solid. I also like the fact that you can adjust every aspect of the holster. There are an infinite number of positions you can put this holster in, you just have to fine tune it to what you want. Hope this helps.

I have one. It is excellent and I really like that you can buy different inserts for it (although now I only shoot Glocks so that doesn't matter).

When I first got it I ordered it with inserts for an M&P and a Caspian. The M&P fit perfectly but the Caspian was loose and wobbly. Turns out that my Caspian (bought it used) had the trigger guard narrowed and it was much thinner than stock. Saul worked with me and had me take measurements and was able to send me a new locking insert within a couple of days. From Europe! For free!

Just started using a racemaster and all I can say is WOW. It is a well thought out and engineered piece. The gun locks in rock solid and is far more secure when locked than my old ghost holster. The price is a little spendy but you will not be dis appointed with it.

• 3 weeks later...

retail price is $131.00 according to the DAA website. I really like my Racemaster; this new Racer holster should be comparable to it and sell well.

Hi All,

The Racer holster and pouches have the same exact retention system the Race Master has but instead of making it from an Aluminum body, it is made of delerin which makes it significantly cheaper. It is a fantastic more affordable alternative to the top of the line Race Master holster and pouches.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks!

The only reason I can see to get the Race Master over the Racer is for the ability to change out different types of guns on the same holster with the replaceable insert. The Racer locks you into one holster for one type of gun, but saves on money and weight.

We should see if cedhk will do a combo for the Racer setup like they have listed for the Race Master which is a holster, belt, and 3 pouches listed for $391, down from $434.

It looks like a 10% discount on the Race Master rig. Applying the same would bring the Racer rig from $284 down to $256.

Edited by Erucolindon

Update, I got an email from Charles Hardy at CED. They are adding a combo for the Racer rig, listed as $255.35!

How is that for customer service? Less than 24hr response. I think this place just earned themselves a customer whenever I pull the trigger. Someone else please buy the new rig from them for now just so they feel rewarded for the add on, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine, here's the quick review (originally posted to FB):

Got my new DAA Racer holster mounted and adjusted. Much smoother draw than a CR Speed, but not as smooth as a Ghost. When holstering it does grab the gun solidly, but it doesn't *click* like the Ghost or CR. Belt attachment is easily the best on the market. Time will tell if the ball joint adjustments hold up to heavy use. Attempting to draw through the lock lever ripped a pretty good hole in my finger!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else running one of these. I'm in the market for a new holster for limited. I have a Blade Tech for a different pistol and it's OK. The Racer looks nice and it won't break the bank if it works properly. I don't want to do much fitting if possible.

I just got one recently.

The only other race holster I've used before was a ghost. The Ghost was easier to draw for me because of it's ball detent mechanism. It took a couple days of just practicing draws with the racer to prevent it from getting hung up during the draw. Other than that, The racer is great. The gun is solid with no wobble when holstered. It's got great adjustment range.

I don't see how it would click. The mechanism just rides on an angled track with no detent of any sort.

aysJB.jpg

Edited by tt350z

HI,

There is no Click generated in our Racer, Or Race Master holster. The system simply does not have a part that "snaps" so no sound is created.

Some are used to having that from other holster times, but it really serves no purpose.

thanks

saul

I have the RaceMaster holster and the mags pouches. The metal mag pouches hold better than any other.I have owned all of them. I think they are the best at this time. I agree the open pistol is rock solid. I have turned it upside down,hit it from behind and it still stays in the holster.

After looking for a while, the solid feeling is the reason I went with the racemaster. I checked out one chuck had for his personal gun at shooters and walked out with one the same day. The location of the lock was a big factor for me as we get some odd starts here from time to time ie sitting in a chair, laying on a "bed" etc. I like knowing if that holser is locked on those weird positions its not coming out. Looked over some of the other holsters and just didnt have that confidence in them. Went with the racemaster as I liked the external adj knob as well as the ability to switch guns if i decide to. Pricy but figure its not like i buy one all the time