Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Movies that I should be embarassed to like

EricW

There are some movies, that I should be publicly embarrassed to admit I like.

Point Break is at the top of the list. I just can't bring myself to not like this movie. Despite Keanu Reeves' and the director Kathryn Bigelow's (K-19, Strange Days...) every concerted attempt to sabotage the picture, Patrick Swayze, Gary Busey, Lori Petty and every other member of the cast bust their asses, do a FANTASTIC job, and avert disaster.

What's your one pick?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! I like Point Break too. Nothing wrong with that! Just makes me want to move to California and surf for the rest of my life.

I must admit that my personal taste rarely ever embarrasses me. But I guess my Steven Segal collection is something to keep locked away when the new girlfriend visits the house, though ;)

I guess my Number 1 guilty pleasure movie - though I feel most people wouldn't like it, I love it and can, I feel, make a good case for why - is this thing called Coach.

Click here to see me make a good case for why:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...&s=dvd&n=507846

There's also a B horror movie titled My Boyfriend's Back (a high school zombie flick) that really does it for me.

I really enjoyed Billy Zane's The Phantom.

You guys are killing me.... tell ya what, at next years Buckeye Blast, I will bring a DVD player along with a raft of really bad movies. If you are lucky, Ms. BDH will accompany me and narrate some of the worst ones....:D

You guys are killing me.... tell ya what, at next years Buckeye Blast, I will bring a DVD player along with a raft of really bad movies. If you are lucky, Ms. BDH will accompany me and narrate some of the worst ones....:D

Mystery Shooter Theater 3000

I like it! :) (Mystery Science Theater was the only good reason to watch the SciFi channel.)

Mystery Shooter Theater 3000

I like it! :) (Mystery Science Theater was the only good reason to watch the SciFi channel.)

Think we'd get our own show on Outdoor Life Network???

:P

I liked Punch Drunk Love and Amelie, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. But I hide my copy of Starship Troopers whenever the cinema snobs show up. Back in the 1980's, when cable was new, they used to show all kinds of bad movies late at night. You know, the ones that were the contractual obligation vehicles for the Playmate of the Year, the filler stuff that Directors had to do in order to produce their following movie, that sort of stuff.

I loved it. I spent hours gauging loaded ammo while predicting camera angles, plot twists and dialogue. The all-time "god this is so bad I have to pop more popcorn 'cause it's on again tonight" movie was <drumroll> The Perils of Gwendoline.