Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

remington versa max

JakeMartens

I was kind of digging it, until he said the production models would have pictinny rail on top. Hope it is easily removable. Or, better yet they should make it an option. No need to spend money on something that will not be used (unless you might want it for open).

Bruce Piatt like's his

(from his fb page)

Bruce Piatt - I've never ran a shotgun as fast as I did today with my new Remington Versamax. Right out of the box, Nordic +5 extension and an self made action release button.... 300 plus rounds, from 3/4 oz Italian skeet rounds to full power slugs.... Ran without a hitch.

I saw and shot the Versamax Tactical earlier this week at a dealer show. Very impressive shotgun. And yes, the rail on top is easily removable, same rail that comes on some 870s.

At the SHOT Show, last week, Lancer was displaying some pretty impressive carbon fiber shotgun extension tubes, very lightweight.

Edited by T Bacus

price ?

MSRP in the latest online version of the Remington 2012 Catalog on page 122 (http://www.thedigitaleditiononline.com/publication/?i=90918) is $1399. I wonder what the average selling price will be at first delivery? We will see.

This is the same MSRP as for the 26" Synthetic. I got mine from Buds for under $1000 shipped and insured. Once you get past the first wave of keen buyers, I expect the VM Tactical will be similarly priced.

I called Remington yesterday looking for the 22" barrel and they said that it won't be in Production until Q2.

Were they referring to availability of the 22" barrel as a part/accessory, or were they referring to the entire VM Tactical gun itself?

ETA: A friend called Remington today. The VM Tacticals will likely not begin shipping until April, and that is assuming all the planets align (yeah, right).

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Want to see what a truly tricked out versa-max should look like, check out the one on our facebook. Triangle shooting sports.

I'm afraid I only saw images of a wonderful M2. Well.....and cool pistols, and so on. But the latest shotgun pictures were the M2.

Sorry, thought they were up. Will be this A.M.

I just looked again. The album of Versa Max pictures is up! Looks great. Is that a 26" barrel? Do you have the tools to properly further particular design of Remington barrel down to shorter lengths? Some matches in NC require 24" maximum barrel length or else you go into Open.

Would you please PM me with your rates for that package you displayed? Thank you.

Edited by michael1778

The one in the picture is 24". Lightened bolt, drill & tap bolt release with button, roll pin bolt lever on, hi-viz comp sight, HUGE mag well work, nordic follower, tube and clamp, safty work, etc. This one is ty gentry's. Will be doing robbie johnson's next.