Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 USPSA Area 4 Championship - Match Announcement

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to know how it's going to be combined? Back to back weekends? 4 day match? Or just one single combined match?

I shot the Gator in October last year, and I agree it was a great range, great staff, and I can totally see holding an Area match there, just confused as to the combination. At the awards ceremony they said that STI had agreed to make the LA Gator a contingency match in 2012, but I didn't know they meant to combine it with the A4 too.

:unsure:

Chris,

From what I gather - since Phil appointed Troy interim Area Director - Troy needed a place to hold the match close to home that he could put on. Really the only range that can handle it in the area is the one that Gator is held at. Instead of trying to put on 2 majors less than month apart - they are just going to have one match this year. So technically there will be no 2012 Gator - it will be a 2012 Area 4/Gator - one match - 12 stages.

The question here is - will they CAP it at Sat/Sun shooters like the Gator (which will limit it to about 200 participants plus staff for a total of around 240) or will they have the option to shoot the whole match on Friday?!?!?!

Edited by bsdubois00

• 1 month later...

Just looked and there are 210 shooters registered already and this match is not until Oct.

Just sent my app in overnight. Hope the match doesn't fill up before it gets there. I didn't even get the time off approved for work, but I couldn't wait any longer.

A little birdie told me that the 2012 Gator/Area 4 match is sold out!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to shoot this match, get on the waiting list NOW!! If a competitor pulls out for any reason, he can not give his slot to who ever he chooses. First one on the waiting list gets the slot. There is a whole lot of time between now and the end of October, plenty can happen.

A little birdie told me that the 2012 Gator/Area 4 match is sold out!!!!!!!!!!! If you want to shoot this match, get on the waiting list NOW!! If a competitor pulls out for any reason, he can not give his slot to who ever he chooses. First one on the waiting list gets the slot. There is a whole lot of time between now and the end of October, plenty can happen.

WOW!!! That didn't take long.

12 days!

12 days!

I ordered your Doodie Bracelets last night. I will hook up with you when they come in. Are you going this weekend to Alabama?