Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The 2012 Mississippi Classic

Match Dates:

May 18th*, 19th, and 20th

Friday the 18th is for RO's, Vendors, and a limited number of shoot through's only

The main match is a 1 1/2 day match shot on Saturday and Sunday.

Match Format:

10 stages, 250+ rounds

Latest Ed. of USPSA rulebook

Match Website:

http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/

Applications and information about the match can be found here.

Awards:

Plaques and Cash Awards based on order of finish and division participation

Prizes by random drawing (must be present to win)

Match Fee:

$120 ($145 after 5/1)

Ladies and Juniors shoot for half price

Match Director:

John Heiter

Range Master:

Lloyd Landry

Match Hotel:

To be determined

Alternative Lodging:

We do allow RV camping on the range property if you are interested in staying with us but be warned that we have very limited (practically zero) power/water connections,

Crawfish Boil:

We will be hosting a crawfish boil again on Saturday evening at the range under the pavilion. All shooters and guests are welcome to attend.

I guess that's about it but if you can think of any other questions, please feel free to give me a shout.

Thanks,

John Heiter

Match Director

2012 Mississippi Classic

Edited by John Heiter

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awards:

Plaques and Cash Awards based on order of finish and division participation

Prizes by random drawing (must be present to win)

Must be present to win random prizes? Is that to save you from having to ship items? If so then if someone is there to pick up a prize for someone would they still be eligible to win said prize? If not then what is your reasoning behind that policy?

Thanks!

Hi Kevin,

The policy has been around since before I became Match Director so I can't speak to the original intent, but I can think of a number of reasons for it.

1. Yes, it saves on shipping and a lot of work if someone isn't there to get their prize.

2. We will be giving away guns on the table again this year and being there to fill out the paperwork is helpful for that process.

3. When the match was first getting started there were a number of years where not everyone got a prize so it was unfair to those that did stick around for awards, etc.

4. It encourages shooters to stick around for the awards and prizes which gives more exposure (and business) to our vendors and sponsors.

We know everyone needs to get home after the match is over, and some have very long drives ahead, but we try to keep the match moving quickly enough and finish early enough on Sunday so that everyone gets a reasonable start on their way.

John

Most likely the match hotels will be the same this year as last year (The Comfort Inn and the Holiday Inn Express in Byram, MS) but I am still playing them off each other trying to negotiate a better rate for our group discount. I should have that done by the middle of this coming week.

John

I told them some revolver guys were coming so they gave us a discount rate on jacuzzi suites as well.

http://www.teammagnolia.com/classic/2012/

Did they include the AARP discount too???

Jealousy is a terrible thing. Just because we know how to have fun and get all the cool chicks due to our greater skills and great style. Not to mention that since we don't have to have optic sights, we can see well enough to pick out the cool chicks from the hens. :sight:

I swear to you, if you tell me this year that "My dog ate my application", I WILL BELIEVE YOU!!!

The scary thing is that the USPS did that to your entry last year BEFORE they made all the recent budget cuts and advised their quality of service may have to go down as a result.

Edited by John Heiter