Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 CMMG Midwest 3 Gun Championships

How is the weather holding up there? Will it be another mud fest?

Jack

Weather.com ten day forecast has rain tomorrow at 30% then sun until a 65% chance of rain next Sunday. You'd be a fool not to bring boots and as much rain gear as I can find.

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEVER TRUST A WEATHERMAN, but . . .

Current Weather.Com forecast falls for highs in the mid-80s, lows in the mid-60s, and 0% chance of rain Friday thur Sunday.

Hope it's correct.

I've still heard no word on round counts, slings, slugs/buckshot, etc - anyone else got any data?

ETA: just found the rules on the website and it appears that only size 6 and smaller shot is allowed so guess that answers the question about the slugs and buckshot.

Edited by Fullauto_Shooter

HELP or ADVICE NEEDED.

Okay now I've done it. Until today I've never tried loading my .40 to minor and now I'm in love with a new load. Put 3.2 gr of clays behind a 180gr Zero loaded to 1.125. Gave me 760 FPM this gives me a PF of 136 and is the most accurate load I've found yet out of my XDm 5.25 and it shoots like a 9. Finally found a load that I can hit 5" plates at 25 yards without giving me ulcers. Here's my dilema. I ran about 100 rounds through this morning and it ran 100% with my normal grip. Then I intentionally ran a mag through weak hand only with a pretty lazy grip and had a couple stovepipes. Looking at where the brass is landing I'm right on the verge of having a functioning gun with the stock 18# spring. It will most likely run fine with this load as long as there are no crazy out of position upside-down weak hand only stages, but that's a risk I hate to take.

Anyone know of any vendors going to the match that might carry XD recoil springs. With only 3 buisness days before we leave shipping anything will be awful tight. I think she'd be a beauty running about a 15# spring. I'm going to juice a few rounds up a tenth tonight and see how they run, but even then I could probably use a lighter spring.

My other option is to run my standard 980FPS loads which have way more recoil and are less accurate. Advice..... other than don't work up your new favorite load 5 days before a major match.

Edited by Shooter115

HELP or ADVICE NEEDED.

Okay now I've done it. Until today I've never tried loading my .40 to minor and now I'm in love with a new load. Put 3.2 gr of clays behind a 180gr Zero loaded to 1.125. Gave me 760 FPM this gives me a PF of 136 and is the most accurate load I've found yet out of my XDm 5.25 and it shoots like a 9. Finally found a load that I can hit 5" plates at 25 yards without giving me ulcers. Here's my dilema. I ran about 100 rounds through this morning and it ran 100% with my normal grip. Then I intentionally ran a mag through weak hand only with a pretty lazy grip and had a couple stovepipes. Looking at where the brass is landing I'm right on the verge of having a functioning gun with the stock 18# spring. It will most likely run fine with this load as long as there are no crazy out of position upside-down weak hand only stages, but that's a risk I hate to take.

Anyone know of any vendors going to the match that might carry XD recoil springs. With only 3 buisness days before we leave shipping anything will be awful tight. I think she'd be a beauty running about a 15# spring. I'm going to juice a few rounds up a tenth tonight and see how they run, but even then I could probably use a lighter spring.

My other option is to run my standard 980FPS loads which have way more recoil and are less accurate. Advice..... other than don't work up your new favorite load 5 days before a major match.

Go to Walmart and get done federal bulk pack. It works great in all my guns.

Brownells will get you a spring in 2-3 days.

Oh and if we have to shoot weak ham only at a major 3 gun match I'm leaving!

Edited by Jesse Tischauser

Just loaded up another 100 @ 3.2gr and a 100 @3.3 gr. I'll give them a run tomorrow and see how things go. Running the gun dirty with about 400 rounds on it since it's last cleaning just to test for reliability. Worst case scenario I put together full house loads for the match. Brownells didn't have the springs on their website that I could find, but I'll call them first thing Monday morning and double check.

As far as Wal-Mart goes I try not to patronize them any more than necessary. Especially on firearms related items. Anyone that cuts their entire hunting/shooting dept as soon as someone tells them "guns are bad" then gets back into it when guns are more popular and decides "We can make more money here" can suck my b**ls. They're nothing but pollitical tag-alongs. The day I see Wal-Mart sponsor a match, maybe I'll change my mind. If it ever did occure that both my presses happened to explode and I had no other option but to buy factory ammo, there's alway my local Ace Hardware or Fleet Farm around, who both suppport the 2A, that I would be happy to purchase from. No offense, I've just got a gripe with Wal-mart.

Just loaded up another 100 @ 3.2gr and a 100 @3.3 gr. I'll give them a run tomorrow and see how things go. Running the gun dirty with about 400 rounds on it since it's last cleaning just to test for reliability. Worst case scenario I put together full house loads for the match. Brownells didn't have the springs on their website that I could find, but I'll call them first thing Monday morning and double check.

As far as Wal-Mart goes I try not to patronize them any more than necessary. Especially on firearms related items. Anyone that cuts their entire hunting/shooting dept as soon as someone tells them "guns are bad" then gets back into it when guns are more popular and decides "We can make more money here" can suck my b**ls. They're nothing but pollitical tag-alongs. The day I see Wal-Mart sponsor a match, maybe I'll change my mind. If it ever did occure that both my presses happened to explode and I had no other option but to buy factory ammo, there's alway my local Ace Hardware or Fleet Farm around, who both suppport the 2A, that I would be happy to purchase from. No offense, I've just got a gripe with Wal-mart.

Man I wish we had a Fleet Farm in Oklahoma! I met one of the owners of the franchise at several matches and SHOT. Great guy! When I was back home in WI it was my store of choice as a kid. I stopped in there last summer for the first time in 20 years to buy shotgun shells for the Taxtical shotgun match and I about started fondling myself in the ammo isle. They had what appeared to be a box of everything!!!

Fleet Farm is an outstanding supporter of the out outdoors. S. Mills likes 3 gun so much he designed Huldra rifles as a Fleet farm exclusive AR 15. How many stores have their own line of sporting rifles. I hope to see some of the Team Huldra at Midwest this week.

Fleet Farm is an outstanding supporter of the out outdoors. S. Mills likes 3 gun so much he designed Huldra rifles as a Fleet farm exclusive AR 15. How many stores have their own line of sporting rifles. I hope to see some of the Team Huldra at Midwest this week.

I hear ya. When I was a kid our local Fleet Farm in Alexandria, MN wasn't much more than a big hardware store. Today it's truly the "Man's Mall", If you can't get it at Fleet you probably don't need it. At their store in Brainard, MN they are even building their own big indoor shooting range for competition and training. Just stopped at Fleet yesterday to get some of my final shopping done before heading to the Midwest next week. Got everything from all my snacks to shotgun shells. I normally don't buy much factory ammo, but they had cases of AA Super Sport 7.5's (1 1/8oz @1300fps)for $59 after a mail in rebate. As for Team Huldra I know I saw Dave's name on the squad list. If any of you get a chance to check out the Huldra rifles do it, they are pretty sweet. Anyways now that I spent some time with the family I got to get out to the range to test those loads. Then it's cook Mother's Day dinner for the wife......How's Fillet Mignon, Shrimp Scampi and Bacon wrapped scallops sound :cheers:

Edited by Shooter115

I saw his video playing in his store when I was there last summer. I was like hey that the dude with the film crew I met at CMMG. They used the footage in their rifle promo. great PR for the sport!

I HATE secret prize tables! No touch is fine, but can't see is not. I missed a great prize that I actually NEEDED @ Texas MG cause I just didn't know, and had folk waiting behind me, and I was rushed, so as not to be a turd for anyone else I just grabbed and moved. Anything that gets rushed, gets screwed up. If only shooters could hawk it, it would be easier.

Besides that, in 4 years of competing, I've never even heard of someone stealing from the table.