Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suggestions for Rockcastle 2013

Computer registration has not worked well for 2 years - give it up or get it together.

I could not find any safe areas at the match; none. Either change the rules or get safe areas.

Rifle racks made out of scrap 1x2 real flimsy holding 15,000 to 20,000 worth of rifle.

Preloading shotguns a good idea? Maybe, it saves time. Might be a good idea to have shotguns pointed in a safe direction with area behind roped off. Saw many people/shooters/wives etc. walking by loaded barrels. Some day in the future we will be talking about the good old days when we preloaded shotguns.

Food was served 100feet from restuarant kitchen, is that the best you can do? Chicken Friday 7:45 was bloody and partly cooked.

Some squads did not shoot last stage of the day on Friday because of backups and had to shoot it 7AM Saturday, maybe 3 ROs per stage instead of 2 would have helped moved things along?

Plastic drop barrels screwed to trees with 2 chinese drywall screws?! I saw one free standing drop barrel collaspe after rifle set in (not thrown in).

Right handed TV celebrity shooter started moving to his left with his Taran Tactical $2,500 shotgun at port arms with barrel pointed over the heads of his squad, no DQ. As squad members yelled mussel!?!

Rockcastle has potential but is not a 1st class match now.

Looks like we have a new Match Director for 2013 !!! Good Luck Blaster.

Computer registration has not worked well for 2 years - give it up or get it together.

I could not find any safe areas at the match; none. Either change the rules or get safe areas.

Rifle racks made out of scrap 1x2 real flimsy holding 15,000 to 20,000 worth of rifle.

Preloading shotguns a good idea? Maybe, it saves time. Might be a good idea to have shotguns pointed in a safe direction with area behind roped off. Saw many people/shooters/wives etc. walking by loaded barrels. Some day in the future we will be talking about the good old days when we preloaded shotguns.

Food was served 100feet from restuarant kitchen, is that the best you can do? Chicken Friday 7:45 was bloody and partly cooked.

blah blah blah...

+1 <_<

Outstanding match! Thank you so much to all who put in so much hard work to make this match, correction, two simultaneous matches of this complexity happen.

Edited by Lee King

Some squads did not shoot last stage of the day on Friday because of backups and had to shoot it 7AM Saturday, maybe 3 ROs per stage instead of 2 would have helped moved things along?

Plastic drop barrels screwed to trees with 2 chinese drywall screws?! I saw one free standing drop barrel collaspe after rifle set in (not thrown in).

Right handed TV celebrity shooter started moving to his left with his Taran Tactical $2,500 shotgun at port arms with barrel pointed over the heads of his squad, no DQ. As squad members yelled mussel!?!

Match director for any match is a tall order for mere mortals, so I'm sure if he just handled building the safe areas, loading areas, and volunteered as an RO that would be a great help. :cheers:

That was FREE beer?????? Everyone kept telling me they were buying them for me??????

HAHAHAHAHA. THAT IS FUNNY!!!

Hey Lead-Head, you should complain about the free beverage in the Mason jar!! LMAO

Once again a awesome time and a lot of laughs. Look forward to it next year. I guess we will have to visit you and Brad over on the Pro Side. Good shooting. Tell Hollywood I said hello.

Couldn't agree more! Haha, I can't speak for Brad but I'm not switching to Pro for this match because then you all wouldn't get to shoot with me...lol. Hollywood said something about taint...do you know what he could be talking about? hahaha

Once again a awesome time and a lot of laughs. Look forward to it next year. I guess we will have to visit you and Brad over on the Pro Side. Good shooting. Tell Hollywood I said hello.

Couldn't agree more! Haha, I can't speak for Brad but I'm not switching to Pro for this match because then you all wouldn't get to shoot with me...lol. Hollywood said something about taint...do you know what he could be talking about? hahaha

Man, I miss Hollywood already...

At least if I shot pro I would earn that bottom of the list prize... :roflol:

we gotta figure out a way to get together at the half way point for a shoot. You guys have good weather all year round down there don't you?

Brian I see a road trip in our future.

Nobody seemed to mind the free Beer now did they?

How awesome was that?!?!

But But it was foamy so I had to get 2 cups!! :roflol:

dont you mean a pitcher? :cheers:

ummm I didn't do that....some young lady did that. I did drink that!

Match director for any match is a tall order for mere mortals, so I'm sure if he just handled building the safe areas, loading areas, and volunteered as an RO that would be a great help. :cheers:

Blaster, I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the match, free food and free beer as much as I did. I had a great time at Rockcastle with a LARGE group friends and fellow shooters.

Man, I miss Hollywood already...

At least if I shot pro I would earn that bottom of the list prize... :roflol:

we gotta figure out a way to get together at the half way point for a shoot. You guys have good weather all year round down there don't you?

Brian I see a road trip in our future.

Haha, do you know anything about this "taint" he keeps referring to?

Hey now, don't knock the bottom of the pile! My wife is rockin the ladies size small lavender ARFCOM shirt pretty well.

I agree, we've got great weather here pretty much year round. Very mild winters the past few years. I'm sure "NOVA" has some local 3 gun we could roll up on.

Blaster, I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the match, free food and free beer as much as I did. I had a great time at Rockcastle with a LARGE group friends and fellow shooters.

Now Now, let's not be overly judgemental. There are those that can be put off by free food, beer,eating outdoors, and the hospitalty or Rockcastle..it must irritate their manginas or something, I can't say for sure.

Now Now, let's not be overly judgemental. There are those that can be put off by free food, beer,eating outdoors, and the hospitalty or Rockcastle..it must irritate their manginas or something, I can't say for sure.

Brian, I heard there's good frog hunting down that way too! :roflol:

The reason for stayin away from moonshine is that I woke up the next morning and was seriuosly dismayed that I had a recollection of possibly going frog giggin with a surpresses M&P .22 that night in the pond on top of the hill. When I came to my senses I rationalized that I could not have possibly shot frogs with a .22 handgun that night. Because, ever since I was a kid I only use a .308 or larger to shoot frogs...them suckers will turn on you if they get cornered.

The reason for stayin away from moonshine is that I woke up the next morning and was seriuosly dismayed that I had a recollection of possibly going frog giggin with a surpresses M&P .22 that night in the pond on top of the hill. When I came to my senses I rationalized that I could not have possibly shot frogs with a .22 handgun that night. Because, ever since I was a kid I only use a .308 or larger to shoot frogs...them suckers will turn on you if they get cornered.

That, right there, was some funny shiiii, I mean stuff.

Would've fit right in there with the "Beastie Boys" and your "parachute" pants.

I don't know what all stages weren't allowed a 5 minute walkthrough, but, our stage was one of them, which was AM2.

<snip>

We did the best we could, with what we had to work with, and wish we could have afforded to give the shooters more time. :blush:

You both did a great job getting us through without being pushy about it. :cheers: you were the Akdal shooters, right?

Thank you! :cheers:

Yes, we had Akdals, but, I ran my JP1100, because in practice, at the range Wednesday, my Akdal was choking. I THINK I'm going to try it at the Ozarks match, next week, but, I need to get to the range with it one more time, and if it runs at least 100 rounds without a problem, I'm going to run it. :goof:

Edited by RH45

I don't know what all stages weren't allowed a 5 minute walkthrough, but, our stage was one of them, which was AM2.

<snip>

We did the best we could, with what we had to work with, and wish we could have afforded to give the shooters more time. :blush:

You both did a great job getting us through without being pushy about it. :cheers: you were the Akdal shooters, right?

Thank you! :cheers:

Yes, we had Akdals, but, I ran my JP1100, because in practice, at the range Wednesday, my Akdal was choking. I THINK I'm going to try it at the Ozarks match, next week, but, I need to get to the range with it one more time, and if it runs at least 100 rounds without a problem, I'm going to run it. :goof:

Aren't you going to have to clean it after 100rds so it won't jam and then start over again! :roflol: Just kiddin hope it works!

Many Thanks to the Rockcastle crew,RO's,Sponors,Staff. Big thanks to FNH for the shotgun! I've never had one that was worth that much without an X-Rail on it :ph34r:

Every match seems to have it's issues. I'm sure everyone has experienced them. It takes a lot of effort to put these matches on so you need to just roll with it!

Nick