Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

I noticed when reading the rules that rifle must be of a factory configuration for tac optics class except for an optic of course. Does this mean no forward grips? I ask because I have a Mugpul Angled forward grip on my LWRC and I'm absolutly in love with it. It definetly makes me a faster more stable shooter. So if they arent allowed in the competition then I'm outta luck.

Also a second question... Can shotguns have a side sadle mount for tactical providing it was an after market upgrade? I need to stop practicing with it if its not allowed.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed when reading the rules that rifle must be of a factory configuration for tac optics class except for an optic of course. Does this mean no forward grips? I ask because I have a Mugpul Angled forward grip on my LWRC and I'm absolutly in love with it. It definetly makes me a faster more stable shooter. So if they arent allowed in the competition then I'm outta luck.

Also a second question... Can shotguns have a side sadle mount for tactical providing it was an after market upgrade? I need to stop practicing with it if its not allowed.

Yes and yes

The factory configuration rule just means no fancy prototype rifle. Trying to keep somebody from making a .223 that runs 4800 fps and stomping everyone or something like that.

Side sadles are used all the time in every division.

Yes and yes

The factory configuration rule just means no fancy prototype rifle. Trying to keep somebody from making a .223 that runs 4800 fps and stomping everyone or something like that.

Side sadles are used all the time in every division.

Makes alot of sense. Thanks alot! I was nervous about that one.

For the Match planners. Last years polo shirt was of "okay" quality. Is the same thing planned for this year? Or, is it planned to do a small embroidery instead of the screen printing. I expect screen printing on t-shirts, not polos. Please advise soon so I can mail my application & check.

I am also interested in this. If it is a similar quality as last years polo I will keep my $28.

I was planning on purchasing a Polo, but not if the image is screen printing. Patiently waiting for an answer.

This year's Polo will be screen printed but on a good quality cool dry style shirt. I will post pictures on the website when we get it finalized.

Thanks, Nick

Cool dry style? How about something like what Will Ferrell wore in Blades of Glory? Then again, I am partial to a leisure suit...

I think everyone who posts here needs to add a signature "We all bow down to Master Jedi Linda for her hard work, kindness and patience with us mere mortals." :eatdrink::cheers::bow:

+1

We all bow down to Master Jedi Linda for her hard work, kindness and patience with us mere mortals.

Only Black cup holders are allowed on your AR

Only Black cup holders are allowed on your AR

But cant support a beverage larger than 8oz.

just a note, for some of you who do not get into the match, based on last year, it would worth driving 4 hours just to do all the side matches, shooting a CMMG 7" full auto piston gun $10 for 20 rounds, fn 50 rounds PS 90 full auto, cave shooting, shooting 50-1000 yards with pro spotters etc. you get the idea.

a day of go old family fun. and a chance for you to show the other half some fun they and you are missing.

Edited by RWF

just a note, for some of you who do not get into the match, based on last year, it would worth driving 4 hours just to do all the side matches, shooting a CMMG 7" full auto piston gun $10 for 20 rounds, fn 50 rounds PS 90 full auto, cave shooting, shooting 50-1000 yards with pro spotters etc. you get the idea.

a day of go old family fun. and a chance for you to show the other half some fun they and you are missing.

Should we bring our own guns for the 1000 yrd shoot & what is a cave shoot? Sounds like more fun

Should we bring our own guns for the 1000 yrd shoot & what is a cave shoot? Sounds like more fun

Guns for the side/demo matches were provided by the vendor/sponsor. Some had a nominal fee ($5-10), some were free as long as the ammo supply held out.

Cave Shoot 2011 - Sponsored by Crimson Trace: Climb down into a real, underground cave where there is a multi target stage setup. Your choice of a 9mm Glock, XD or M&P with an attached light and laser is handed to you. At the beep your head down range and engage the targets as they become visible.

Here is a video of a similar Cave Shoot at the Rockcastle Shooting Center:

Edited by GunCat

Shooting the cave side match last year was one of the highlights of the match (IMO), must not be missed.

Now would you like to have a little chelation therapy to go with that snoot full of lead which went along with the cage stage?

they have used that cave, for a few years now and yes you are truly under ground and that is the first time i have see or heard a remark like that! even all the shooting sports TV crews like that stage.

oh well,

Shooting the cave side match last year was one of the highlights of the match (IMO), must not be missed.

Now would you like to have a little chelation therapy to go with that snoot full of lead which went along with the cage stage?

There is a draft that runs through the cave moving air at about the same rate as an indoor range.

There is a draft that runs through the cave moving air at about the same rate as an indoor range.

I guess nobody turned on the "draft" before our squad shot the 2009 BR3G which was why you could not see the rifle targets at the end of the stage.

If you spend much time at an indoor range with no more ventilation than this you need to check into chelation therapy.