Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR15.com Rockcastle Pro Am Aug 24-26 2012

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pro really means no more than...

do you want your finish overall to be indicative of when you go to the prize table (Pro)

Or....

your overall finish provides "bragging rights" and you go to the prize table...whenever. (Amateur)

Both are rewarding and both are fun, you pick the one that suits, and play!

I will add that the Pro entry fee also costs more.

Patrick

Hopefully this will be my first match at this level. So I am really hoping there will be an open division on the Am side. I already have a room booked at the Comfort Inn Thursday through Sunday mng.

Edit to add, RIF. Reading is fundamental. I re-read the announcement and see that thankfully there is an open division on the Am side.

Edited by tnek

Also wondering if Gary is going to do the KY state match...............

We have not made a decision on KYMG 2012. It will be a decision made by the entire ORPCI team. We'll sort it out on a different post.

TKS GW

Since the lodge is all booked out where did everyone stay last year? I need to make reservations in hopes that I get in this year.

I (and several others) stayed at the Cave City Sleep Inn and Suites. I was quite happy with the accommodations. About a 10 minute drive to the match HQ.

Edited by GunCat

I think returning shooters should get first chance at registration, much like DPMS did in the past. Then after a set time to get the entry in, registration is open to all. Not only will it cut down on the computer/internet overload of everyone trying at midnite, it's an incentive to those who helped make the inaugural match such a success.

Of course I would be one of the returning shooters..... :rolleyes:

Craig

I think returning shooters should get first chance at registration, much like DPMS did in the past. Then after a set time to get the entry in, registration is open to all. Not only will it cut down on the computer/internet overload of everyone trying at midnite, it's an incentive to those who helped make the inaugural match such a success.

Craig

I agree. :cheers:

I tend to disagree with giving returning shooters a leg up in registration. I think that it adds excitement to the overall match experience having to mash the button and cross your fingers. Besides, lots of folks who normally support three gun with their attendance may not have been able to come last year for whatever reason. A lot can happen in 9 months and with the match accepting 500 shooters I think most who want in will get in. If a match can't be heads up, at least the registration can.

Craig

this sound good to me

Edited by no body

I tend to disagree with giving returning shooters a leg up in registration. I think that it adds excitement to the overall match experience having to mash the button and cross your fingers. Besides, lots of folks who normally support three gun with their attendance may not have been able to come last year for whatever reason. A lot can happen in 9 months and with the match accepting 500 shooters I think most who want in will get in. If a match can't be heads up, at least the registration can.

Mike last year was awesome. I will agree with the above statement only if we squad together so the harassment and after party will give me an excuse. See you there bro

Ryan

I'll be returning as well hopefully, and on the Pro side, as I'll be shooting a bunch of big matches before that, and well, I placed top 20 in AM last year.....

Corey.... you damn well know where you have to shoot this year.... lol

I'll be returning as well hopefully, and on the Pro side, as I'll be shooting a bunch of big matches before that, and well, I placed top 20 in AM last year.....

Corey.... you damn well know where you have to shoot this year.... lol

+1

and I'll be on his heals again...but with all the harassment I got last year for going AM...I have to go Pro even though I can't reload a shotgun to save my life. Maybe I can convert to open before then...if I can find some Tec Loaders for my M2 that is.

Spent the morning shootin' trap... The afternoon shootin' an IPSC match... and then I come home browse a little Enos and find this thread... :D

It's been a good day.

Ditto my friend :) makes eddy happy lol

So what exactually determines wether you're AM or Pro?

last year, you did, i shot AM and caught hell because everyone i knew shot Pro. but AM was cheaper match fee and one less day at a hotel.

had a great time.