Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

why do you shoot the division you shoot?

steviesterno

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot Production because I feel it teaches you the basics of reloading, stage planning and using alot more trigger control because of the stock style triggers we have to use. I enjoy the challenge and think its impressive to see someone shoot Production really well. On another note I like the look of limited because you can have more of a flow through the course not worried about alot of reloads and can concentrate on shooting. I want to get good at Production then use those skills I learned and maybe go to Limited.

Production

I love the challenge of shooting a "stock pistol" with iron sights and no huge magwell. I also like the challenge of trying to break down a stage with reload points. On some occasions when I can beat out higher classed Open & Limited guys, I have to admit it is a huge thrill.

When I switch to another division in the next year or two, I will switch over to Single Stack for the same reasons.

My how things change in less than a month! I just traded my Production pistol for a Limited pistol and will be shooting Limited in 2013. Why?? I want to go faster! :)

I started in Limited because my CZ Tactical Sport is really bad ass, I shoot Limited 10 because the local club's stages are short, so I want to learn how to reload.

My plan is to shoot L10 until I stop seeing improvement, then jump into something fresh to keep from getting stuck in the mud. Just last night, I was looking in my safe and said "when the hell am I going to shoot these guns?" So I listed a bunch for sale to make room for an Open gun, already have Production and Revolver, but maybe, just maybe, I'll get a single stack...

I shoot Limited, Limited 10 and SS simply because I really like my 2011/1911s. But I'm going to start venturing into revolver and production this year. We'll see how bad I really suck when I have to reload everytime I move my feet (and/or when I miss a lot).

I shoot Limited because I really like shooting my Tac Sport, and my G35 when I'm getting ready for a 3-gun match.

I shoot SS because...well geez...its a 1911 45 ACP! Nuff said.

I shoot Production when I feel the need to practice with my carry gun.

Of course its tough to get really dialed into any one gun when you're shooting everything in the safe :0)

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot SS because I just love my 1911s. I shot L10 for a time with my 1911 and 8 rd mags too. just to get classified and get a slot to go to Nationals. I even bought a Limited gun and dabbled for a bit but found I got sloppy since I knew I had all those extra rounds to fling down range. Now I am back to SS. I have a Revo and a Production Gun just for some fun and to get a break by shooting a different platform.

Edited by Jammer1911

I almost always shot L10 using my Kimber .45. I was lucky enough to have a best friend that taught me everything and had deep pockets so I could take my pick of pistols. But it felt weird shooting one of those space guns. I felt like I was going to break the thing and I kept looking for the "phasers on stun" setting. :)

But seriously, I didn't think I had sufficiently mastered the fundamentals to do an open gun justice. I figure that if you can master shooting with iron sights and strategic reloading, you will be that much better with an open gun.

I guess between SS 45ACP or going back to an old Browning Hi-Power in 9mm is just plain fun for me. Did pick up a Glock 19 and some of the guys I shoot with, say I shoot it better then the SS or the Browning. But I'll tell you, if you have a nicely tuned SS in 45ACP or a Browning, they are hard to beat.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot revolver . It's a challenge, and very rewarding. I wish more shooters would give it a try.

I have been mostly shooting revolver for the last few years, way fun. (especially coming when you rock a stage and beat most of the pack that are shooting limited... (rarely happens, but it is fun).) :blush:

Switched back to limited to get ready for 3Gun.