Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 USPSA 3G Nats...

Travel straight to Vegas,

11-15 USPSA Nationals...shoot and RO (I hope)

Hey Scott,

Looking forward to working (and hopefully shooting) with you! :cheers:

As for the date, I was one of several that asked if we could move it to the spring in 2012. There's a lot of added value to having both Handgun and MG Nat's at the same venue (come help us set the match and you'll see what I mean). However, having both matches occur within 4 weeks took too much of a toll on the local folks in terms of fatigue and vacation time. It pretty well wiped out the folks at HQ and NROI as well.

That said, speaking for the crew at DSRPC, we hope to see as many of you as can make it. We'll surely miss those that can't. Pete & I met with Carl Schmidt last weekend at the Utah State Pistol Match and are hard at work on stage designs.

See Ya Soon :D

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone heard anything about the match yet?? I would like to start making plans :cheers:

The application is up on the uspsa nationals website, iirc

I saw the application, I was wondering about schedule, and stages, hotel, ect.

Thanks!!

1, it's too early for the stages to be posted just yet. I doubt they've been finalized. 2, Why do you think there would be better or faster information about the schedule and the hotel than what the staff at USPSA has already posted on the USPSA Nationals page? They tend to get the information posted as soon as they have it!

Suggested lessons here:

1. Matches need to be scheduled a year in advance and notice given. If there is going to be a radical change in date the match needs even more notice. USPSA should go ahead and schedule the 2013 match now and announce the venue. Of all the major 3 gun matches, only USPSA has a full office of full time staff who can make this happen and the result would be other matches would have to react to the USPSA match schedule rather than vice versa.

2. USPSA can only really schedule around other USPSA matches and not the independent matches as long as USPSA thinks they have to bring headquarters staff to run the match. Were USPSA to staff nationals matches with local staff to administer the match, much like every other match, USPSA could have more flexibility and cut costs.

3. USPSA should not schedule anything to conflict with the NRA Meeting. There are too many sponsors and shooters tied up with that event and frankly, USPSA should be there as well recruiting sponsors and members.

4. While it is "nice" for a USPSA match not to conflict with other major matches, whatever USPSA does to schedule its match should be in concert with the 3Gun Nation tour if USPSA wants to uphold the status of its match. 3Gun Nation has raised the level of attention to our sport and USPSA needs to participate.

5. A huge positive step USPSA could take would be to schedule its match at the same general location as the NRA Show like 3Gun Nation did this year by having its finals during the SHOT Show. Depending on location, that is not always going to be possible but the NRA Show is set far enough ahead that USPSA should have time to make the necessary arrangements if a convenient range exits.

• 3 weeks later...

Y'all may have heard that the staff would get an opportunity to shoot the match for free this year... I talked with Carl Schmidt earlier today and he asked me to pass on that they still have 10 slots open for the staff match and they're still short RO's. All the details are on the staff app. at http://www.uspsa-nationals.org/MG_VolunteerReq2012Natnls.pdf . It would be awesome if some of you experianced multigun RO's could jump in on this. He didn't mention it but Carl & Pete probably still need help with setup and tear-down too.

What sucks is that after campaigning for this staff match, I won't be able to shoot it because of work. I've really enjoyed working with these guys the last 3 years and I'm gonna miss it.

Scoring will definately be Time-plus. There's also a rumor that Open may truly become OPEN this year, with regards to shotguns anyway. Pete and Carl are done with the stage designs and they've been approved. Hopefully, they will be posted at USPSA soon.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you here soon,

Best Regards,

Blockhead

the 11 thru the 15 is too many days. That's Weds. thru Sunday. We normally shoot Fri Sat and Sunday with the staff shooting on Thursday.

Anyone know the details? I'd like to make travel arrangements. Fly in on Thursday, I hope.

Is there still a power factor requirement for time plus in limited or tactical? I am looking into trying to make it. Trying to figure out which pistol to use.

Mike

Last time I looked at the rules normal power factor rules apply.

If it's time plus - you should have to make minor.. but there shouldn't be any major/minor differences... timeplus scoring doesn't support it.

Unless they came up with something new

If it's time only, then there are no points.

If there are no points, then major/minor is out the window.

I guess they could chrono everyone to ensure no one is sub-minor, but the steel will usually take care of that question.