Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Selling old vinyl

outerlimits

Packing up for the move-tons of old LP's. Digitized what i wanted and brought a box of them to a place to sell. The guy was staggering-old hendrix, mountain, grand funk, BOA, mahogany rush. Ended up scoring over $151 for sll the vinyl. Ordered 1k of new starline brass from the profits.

I still have hunreds of records left and have thought about digitizing - what did you use?

I still have a record player in decent condition that's still hooked up to my home stereo.

This might be a good winter project..

LP's. I had several original WHO zepplin Beatles, hendrix, plus numerous classicals from dvorak ad nauseum. Lost them in connecticut after i had a girlfriend hold onto them for me when i moved to California.....She left them in some dank basement somewhere.

Packing up for the move-tons of old LP's. Digitized what i wanted and brought a box of them to a place to sell. The guy was staggering-old hendrix, mountain, grand funk, BOA, mahogany rush. Ended up scoring over $151 for sll the vinyl. Ordered 1k of new starline brass from the profits.

I probably should do that too. I have two orange crates of similar old vinyl. My most priced one is an original copy of Meet The Beetles, on the VJ label. I wonder what that's worth?

I didn't even know it was possible to digitize vinyl records. Cool. There's certain stuff, like a lot of old Bob Seger, that has never been released on CD. Are you able to separate each song into its own individual file, or is it more like each individual album side is its own file? How's the sound quality? What sort of software and hardware are you using?

My kids gave me a Stanton USB turntable for my last birthday. It comes with software to digitize the LPs to an external hard drive. Looks like a short learning curve.

I'll plan to put my 600 or so LPs on the HD this winter and then sell the vinyl. I'm pretty pumped up at the prospect of translating this stuff to digital and carrying it around on my iPod or playing it over the USB connection in my Jeep.

Once the files are on my external HD, I can even listen from my office over my internet connection to the HD.

Can't wait for the snowy evenings that will force me to stay home, transfer vinyl to files and catch up on reloading! :cheers:

I didn't even know it was possible to digitize vinyl records. Cool. There's certain stuff, like a lot of old Bob Seger, that has never been released on CD. Are you able to separate each song into its own individual file, or is it more like each individual album side is its own file? How's the sound quality? What sort of software and hardware are you using?

Again-final vinyl. Yes, the software breaks each song into separate aac files. Import into itunes and yer done. Quality is pretty good, actually.

Not as good as mastered stuff, but good enuf for my damaged ears. For les thnas $60, whats the risk?