Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Friday Flame War 02-07-03

3quartertime

Ok,  we made it again.  Time to get it out.  Like usual the only rules are there are no rules,  BUT  remember this is for fun.  If you feel the need to flame for real DON'T.  Save it for an individual rant or go to a mountain and scream ( yodel in SA's case ).  

Stand back,  gas up and let er' rip!!!

I hate the stupid f-ing jerk(s) that figured it would be fun to leave a note in a bathroom on the campus where I work threatening to blow up my building http://www.wsunews.wsu.edu (scroll down to the bomb threat stories).   Thus forcing me to do a bunch of seat of the pants planning and then finally move an ENTIRE server room (a dozen large enterprise servers, switches, firewalls, etc) across campus, get them back online, and then move them back again.  Cost me most of two weeks.  It isn't like I didn't have anything else to do.

This also forced 400+ people out of their rooms for two days.

I also hate the morons that figured that they needed to keep all of this a secret from almost everyone so I had to move the server room under cover of darkness, after hours, one box at a time and I couldn't tell any of my staff.  My supervisor and myself had to do all the work and make up stupid lies to explain it all to the rest of the staff who wandered into the server room and noticed lots of stuff was gone.

When they find the jacka$$ that left the note I definately want to be in line as we attempt to beat some sense into them...slowly.

Odio che devo utilizzare un traduttore in linea per scrivere le lettere alla mie madre e nonna in loro lingua madre.

Translation:

I hate the fact that I have to use a online translator to write a letter to my mother and grandmother in their native language.

PS:  Its Italian

(Edited by BigDave at 8:20 am on Feb. 8, 2003)

...foreign to what?

I was on the local commuter train this morning when they had a special announcement over the P.A. about the increased national security alert status. WTF are we supposed to do about it sitting on this train? I guess we're supposed to be on the lookout for suspicious packages. But a forgotten and unattended briefcase or backpack is going to be stolen long before anybody calls it in to the BART Police. Honestly, there isn't a damned thing any of us could or should do differently due to orange status (whatever that is) or any other color.

People just laughed out loud at the absurdity of it. It wasn't the nervous laughter of "oh shjt we're in danger but helpless to do anything about it," it was the ridiculing laughter of "those feeble bureaucrats are at it again." The guy sitting across from me said what I was thinking, it's just Bush trying to drum up support for his war.

"It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine."

Inizialmente la I pensata esso potrebbe essere Portugeuse perché ha suonato come lo Spagnolo ma non abbastanza. Allora ho provato lo Spagnolo. Infine ho ottenuto alla lingua madre della mia nonna grande Forte e là ho trovato la risposta.

That should be ugly.  Usually with Bablefish the longer translations get difficult because of the improper usages.  

-ld

I would be happy to post pah Rooskii but the fonts aren't happening on this forum. Kinda breaks up the thread, too, for those of you who don't happen to know the language. BTW, learning foreign languages IS the coolest! Chinese is next.

OK, my mini-rant:

--Glock triggers are just too weird! I'm going to installl a metal one!

--No NRA Instructor Training any closer than Portland, OR!

--People who are lazy, parasitic, and irresponsible!

--The cloying stench of #&*@)!!*$^ microwave popcorn!

--My inconsistent shooting!

I hate anyone who posts in any language other than English.

I hate the lousy, sorry-ass, although fairly brave, sons-a-b's who stole my $700 XR 600 from my driveway yesterday, sometime between 1:00 and 3:00 PM. My front door was wide open, and I was working in the office. Man, I wish I would have needed ANYTHING that would have made me leave the office during that time! It has no key, but I did have an almost impossible to locate kill switch on it... so they definitely pushed it away. There's so much foot and bicycle traffic on the corner where I live, and everyone around me knows my bike. I can't imagine the odds of being able to push it away and not be seen. When I called my insurance company of course I didn't have comprehensive.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate people with no drive or ambition.

Last night, myself and my partner were talking to an old friend of mine about getting into this business of ours. Naturally I ask the question of how much money he would need to make a month to make his dreams come true. He responds, "$4,000 a month." Out of ANY POSSIBLE number he says $4000. I was too shocked to say anything. People who have no drive or ambition sicken me.

I cannot handle unruly, undisciplined kids in public places, except in the supermarket where I can ram them with my cart , then blame them....

It ticks me off when people try to prove they're listening to you by trying to finish every sentence you form. Lets give a second or two before you jump in there.... If I never get to finish a sentence on my own, how will I ever learn to speak?? Or conjugate verbs?!? You can tie my shoes if you really want to be my mommie!

It drives me nuts when someone replies to your reply to thier question with "really?", as if you would tell them the truth only when they ask "really?" I mean, noone has been able to blame a single lie on me, do you think I would start because of your stupid question......? REALLY????

My first fiance was black, so I am far from prejudiced, but come on, where do those women find that perfume????? Do you buy it by the quart, or what?? Does it come with an MSDS or a warning label? My eyes are watering just thinking about it....

And what is it about affluent white kids that make them wannabe like ghetto kids? I mean, I know Rap stars are your idols, but poverty is not fun. It breeds hunger, and anger, and isolation, and you cant buy Fubus and Nikes when you're broke!!!! Pull up your pants and get a job.....

And to those who feel superior, ....while you weren't looking, I let my dog lick your silver spoon!!!!........(hey man, my dog is human too!)

Ahhhhh I feel much better.........like breaking wind in an elevator......

Sam and Brian:

Back in the old days I bought a brand new Husqvarna 390WR enduro racer. What a kick butt machine. My insurance agent wouldn't write a policy because it wasn't street legal and it as a racer so I was forced to look for another insurance company. The bike was financed and a whole three days old when it was stolen out of my brother's garage. Argh...talk about paying for a dead horse. Never did find the darn thing but rumor has it one of the jerks who stole it ended up in the hospital with busted leg and a couple of cracked ribs while his buddies ditched the remains of my crotch rocket. I have always wondered what really happened.

(Edited by Ron Ankeny at 8:16 pm on Feb. 7, 2003)

Many (MANY) years ago I owned/rode a series of Kawasaki H1's, the old 500cc - 3 cylinder - street bike (wicked little machine). Actually I rode one and bought a series of broken/crashed ones to rob parts from. My old H1 was stolen twice. Once they only got about 50 yds and left it with the ignition switch thoroughly broken (tried to force it with a screwdriver, darned near cost me the girlfriend I later married - 18 years now - when I didn't show up at her house on time, she had my truck and I had to walk 2.5 miles in the rain). Once it was gone for about 3 weeks and the police called and asked me to come pick it up. Cost me $75 to get it out of the impound yard. Didn't have a scratch on it (had a really nice custom paint job).

Hey, that wasn't a HATE rant or a flame or anything, just sort of melancholy.

I do hate that several years after i had replaced the H1 I nailed a deer on the highway with my FXRP. The deer died, I fixed the scooter (did have real insurance by then), I eventually healed...but I never enjoyed riding the bike again. Kept it for 10 years, rode it once a year or so, but it was always white-knuckle a**hole-puckering to get out on the road. Finally decided that since it wasn't fun I might as well sell it. I still miss it. At least I still miss enjoying it.

I envy you guys that can drop one and still enjoy riding it.

(Edited by jkmccoy at 11:34 pm on Feb. 7, 2003)

Well crap!!!....I had some tasty hates saved up for late and then you guys had to bring up the stolen motorcycle thing.

It was April of 91', I should remember the day but I don't now.  I had just got my bike put back together after the best paint job I had ever got done.  Black pearl essence flames over deep burgandy.  New sissy bar,  new seat,  ape hangers looking good.  I rode it to my apartment that first night from the garage.  No way to lock it because I had ground off all the locking lugs and removed the factory ignition lock years before.  During the night some swine pushed it out of the parking lot.  I know they pushed it and didn't start it because it had straight pipes.  Ever hear a harley with straight pipes fire up in the middle of the night?  The next morning I found a cover from one of my foot pegs at the apartment entrance.  Thats the only thing I have left of a bike that took me over six years to build.  It sounds silly now to speak so fondly of a motorcycle but at that time that was the thing.  If you rode a harley you wrenched on it yourself and had the knuckle scars to prove it.  No body but your friends touched your bike and everyone knew it.  At that time stealing my bike was the greatest blow I could imagine.  I made signs promising rewards for dismemberment if I got it back and I knew enough club members in the area to make it happen.

If I had to pick a hate it would be for the ones that took my bike.  I've long since forgot all the anger from it,  but I remember the hate.  

Had I surprised the scum I would have possessed niether the skill nor aptitude to punish them as BE might have,  but MY reaction would have been just as decisive.  

Testing, testing 123...............

OK, I also hate thieves of all sorts. Like when I lived on 13th and Washington in Phoenix and someone stole my stereo from the living room while it was playing, and my ol' lady was in the back yard,

But then, we had a coffee shop on 35th Ave and Buckeye that got hit one night, they climbed on the roof and removed the swamp cooler to get inside. Then all the thief took was one piece of pie, and left a note with the empty plate complimenting my Mom on the pie!!!!!!

One more flatulent ghetto white boy signing out. Sorry if my last post cleared the room, he he...

Ron, your post reminds me of my first ride on a Husky.

It was an old 360.  The one that had the big bolt sticking up between the gas tank and the seat.  (Funny how easily that model earned a nickname.)   Anyway, I was about 16 yrs old and 130lbs.  My bike was a tricked '72 Yamaha 360 which I habitually rode by pointing it in a general direction and pulling the trigger.   So, I climb on this Husky for the very first time........ and launch!  I'm flying down this gravel road, throttle pinned back, working my way up through the gears.  Dang thing shifts on the wrong side, but I'm getting the hang of it.   A car tops a hill just in front of me and reflexively, I tap the brake......only it ain't the brake!  I ended up downshifting from 4th to 3rd doing about 60mph and meet the car sliding sideways in a cloud of gravel.    Yikes!!!   (I'm sure the driver was impressed.) If your stolen Husky was one of those earlier models that shifted on the right side, it isn't too hard for me to imagine what happened to the jokers who swiped it.  ;)

I swore off European bikes for years after that.   But, remind me to show you my '74 Bultaco 350 Alpina sometime.   It was pretty cherry 'til my Great Dane, Brutus, decided to eat the seat one night.  

I hate that, lately, I can' t seem to post without getting someone erked.  My original post has been translated, and it was a "hate".  If you see a language you don't understand and have a notion of what it might be, don't get PO'd, find out what their sayin, will ya?

Systran