Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jp Enterprises' Rocky Mountain 3-Gun

Can we shoot buckshot at this match?

Also the rules read as such on coupled mags...

No rifle external supporting devices are allowed in this class. (i.e. bipods, vertical foregrips that are rested on ground or props, cinched mags or mag pads/additions designed to enlarge the footprint of a single mag that are rested on the ground or props)

There are NO “beta/C” or drum mags allowed in this class. Only traditional double stack mags allowed. (Cinched mags must be offset a minimum of 2 inches to avoid being considered an external supporting device.)

It seems they are more concerned about an extranal supporting device when pertaining to cinched mags. I'm shooting HM which means I gotta run 3 rifle mags on me and my gun and 4-6 pistol mags. I was hoping to couple some rifle mags to avoid having to carry them on my belt. There is NO way I'd go prone or even touch anything that remotely looks like a support such as a Rock or tree with a cinched mag in my rifle.

Also can I run a 30 round mag in my rifle downloaded to 30 in Heavy Optics?

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No rifle external supporting devices are allowed in this class. (i.e. bipods, vertical foregrips that are rested on ground or props, cinched mags or mag pads/additions designed to enlarge the footprint of a single mag that are rested on the ground or props)

There are NO “beta/C” or drum mags allowed in this class. Only traditional double stack mags allowed. (Cinched mags must be offset a minimum of 2 inches to avoid being considered an external supporting device.)

It seems they are more concerned about an extranal supporting device when pertaining to cinched mags. I'm shooting HM which means I gotta run 3 rifle mags on me and my gun and 4-6 pistol mags. I was hoping to couple some rifle mags to avoid having to carry them on my belt. There is NO way I'd go prone or even touch anything that remotely looks like a support such as a Rock or tree with a cinched mag in my rifle.

Why didn't you ask the questions before Denise and JJ were at the Whitington Center? :wacko:

mebbe downloaded to "20"?

Will be shooting with the ROs tomorrow and Wednesday and returning for the awards on Saturday. Will have some products with us but if you want something in particular please email me chris@3gunstuff.com and we will make sure to bring it for you.

Looking forward to the challenge JJ & Denise have come up with for us!

Jesse,

I beleive you can but I would "block" the mag to hold ONLY 20!

I have used and actual wood block under the mag (clipped to length) spring.

That's beyond my level of gun smithing abilities.

Leave the long mag at home then. There's usually a rock or log or cactus to rest your rifle on. :roflol:

Jesse,

Get a sharp knife and....oh better not...

Jesse,

Get a sharp knife and....oh better not...

Duct Tape! Duct Tape is good for everything. I've even seen a revolver sight held on with it.

Time to get this party started! :)

Just finished up putting the last few evil touches on the last stages to be set up. I think Denise & I will need to change our phone numbers after everyone shoots this match... :)

Round counts have changed a small amount, maybe 10%, so err to have more ammo than less.

About 100 each, rifle, pistol, shotgun targets.

There are 55 rifle steel targets from 100-600 yards. The rest are paper targets. Offhand and unusual rests will be the norm.

There are 40ish pistol steel from 20-60 yards, the rest are paper targets. Don't expect all run and hose, there is some thou.

There are about 15 slug gongs from 35-99 yards, the rest are steel and clays. Expect to see flying clays and some other "different" targets.

Also we will have the longest scored shot (that we know of) in 3gun, a 50 caliber rifle shot out to 1400 yards.

Bottom line is expect to be taken out of your comfort zone, expect ALL of your 3 gunnin abilities to be tested, and most of all, to have the mostest fun shooting 3 gun ever in God's Country!

And its the JP Rocky Mountain 3Gun's 10th anniversary!

See everyone in a week!

jj

Thought I would bring this back to the bottom for those packing late like me.

20, 30, 40 and 48 round mags and 3 kinds of rifle ammo...Check

#4, #6, #8, buck, slugs...Check

Slings for both long guns...Check

Bucket of pistol ammo...Check

3 Guns...Check

Bunch of other stuff I probably won't need or use, but which I would need if I did not bring it...Check.

Jesse the mag in your rifle plus 2 on your belt and an OS mag in a pocket has always been Enuf for me and I don't recall ever needing the OS mag, cinching mags is not a good idea even if you never intend to use them for support at rm3g

Trapr

Jesse the mag in your rifle plus 2 on your belt and an OS mag in a pocket has always been Enuf for me and I don't recall ever needing the OS mag, cinching mags is not a good idea even if you never intend to use them for support at rm3g

Trapr

You haven't seen me shoot long stuff with a .308 yet.

I'll pull this coupler though just to be safe.

Do we need shotgun slings?

Denise posted that we need a rifle sling, but she did not for shotgun.

I saw that then you mentioned slings for both long guns. I've got the rifle taken care of. Never needed a shotgun sling other than Blue Ridge so I just wanted to check.

Do we need shotgun slings?

Denise posted that we need a rifle sling, but she did not for shotgun.

I saw that then you mentioned slings for both long guns. I've got the rifle taken care of. Never needed a shotgun sling other than Blue Ridge so I just wanted to check.

Sorry for the increased pucker factor comment. :surprise:

What a privilege it is to be able to shoot a challenging fun match like this in such a beautiful place like the Whittington Center. Despite my poor performance I had a great time. Thanks to Denise & JJ, all the ROs, stats and other crew and to JP Enterprises and all the other sponsors.

Stage 4 featured a Serbu .50 that we shot at a 1400 yard target, something well over 1000 yards (myself and Mike Payne were the only ones to hit it on my squad). Here's Mike nailing the target.

255362_480500231961197_1293309582_n.jpg

Here's Barry Dueck, JJ Johnson Paul Clark Jr. and James Casanova pondering stage 4.

547840_480524548625432_1745470409_n.jpg

My buddy Curtis Brotherston rocking his Firebird Akdal

392258_480561181955102_679532812_n.jpg

Curtis again

293143_480560098621877_1611321132_n.jpg

Edited by rtr