Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical 22 Rimfire ammo

My friend thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread until I told him about Federal AutoMatch. Half the price and tighter groups.

He gave me a box to try out and all I got were jams. I gave him a box of Fed AutoMatch, not one jam out out the entire box.

But they will sell alot because it says it's Tactical, lol.

From what I understand, the AR Tactical ammo is designed with a longer nose to aid in feeding in AR-type rifles. Personally my 15-22 feeds Federal Bulk so I never bothered, but if I had feeding problems I'd give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

From what I understand, the AR Tactical ammo is designed with a longer nose to aid in feeding in AR-type rifles. Personally my 15-22 feeds Federal Bulk so I never bothered, but if I had feeding problems I'd give it a try.

I'm not sure I'll believe that without an MS Paint drawing! biggrin.gif

I'm not sure I'll believe that without an MS Paint drawing! biggrin.gif

197aed26.jpg?t=1284593919

Left to right:

AR Tactical, Winchestr 333, Federal Target Grade Automatch, CCI Mini Mag, CCI Subsonic

Actually, I should clarify my previous post.

We run a .22 match once a month. Both rifle and pistol.

I put about 400 rounds through my TS pistol without cleaning before the match.

During the match I started getting FTF. I did a quick and dirty cleaning job, which helped.

A friend loaned me a box of Tactical. The gun ran like a champ.

In my AR upper, which was cleaned prior to the match, worked with Federal, CCI, and the Tactical stuff.

My take-away was a dirty gun is a prescription for failure. The tactical ammo did increase the reliability.