Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone have a Team Infinity 6in Limited Gun?

Nemesis Lead

Just ordered one from SV. I ordered the non AET barrel and will have it DLC'ed.

Congratulations, what are you going to name her? :cheers:

May take him/her a while, as picking the 13 characters is the hardest and most time consuming decision out of all the options.

I don't mean to sound harsh but the people that are discounting the way Infinity conducts business are not understanding how Infinity conducts THEIR business. They are not trying to release as many pistols as quickly as possible, make a quick dollar, and be like every other manufacturer in the business. It really is all about building as close to perfection as can be attained. Please do not ridicule how quickly a company releases products if you are not part of the company. They understand how business works and chose to work they way they do because they know it is right. They make every piece of the firearm in the Factory. EVERY LITTLE PART. They don't buy them from other manufacturers in other countries and then just stick them in pistols. I personally have seen Brandon "scrap" a brand new barrel because it was not cosmetically perfect. I've also seen him and the guys fit, polish, and assemble pieces for hours that most gunsmiths fit in a 1/4 of the time. Again, it's not about pushing out numbers but building the highest quality pistol that can be built. Seriously, I looked at the barrel, saw a little buffing mark (buffing as in polishing mark, not a scratch), and said,"What are you talking about? Your crazy!" He said every part must be perfect in function and perfect in fit. When you or anyone recieve your Infinity, you will appreciate every minute it took to complete. There is not another pistol that comes close. I truely believe this and can attest to it.

Ironically, I've said this for a long time (the host of Top Shot said something close to it when Infinity pistols were used). A custom gun is like a Mustung or Camaro, but with Infinity's IMM guns you are driving in a Ferrari.

Regarding Infinity's lead time please also consider that other gunsmiths take 6 to 8 months lead time when they buy every piece of the pistol and just assemble it. Infinity builds and refines every piece of the pistol except for springs (for the moment).

To everyone on this thread who has a Infinity on order, I'm as excited as you are. The wait will be well worth it. When you recieve it you will have a new appreciation for IPSC/USPSA style pistols. This gun will get you to the next level in your shooting performance.

Trace, Your Infinity 6 is the sharpest liminted gun I've ever seen. Maybe you'll let me burn some rounds on it!!! I'll be down there Nov.3 - 7, please stop by so we can hang out.

Regards,

Bill Drummond

Just got my 2 SV limited sight trackers. AWEsome workmanship!! Just breaking them in now. Im trying to figure the best load for me. so far VVN320 seems to feel the best. I'll second the comments on customer service at SVI. It's great and has improved over the years. I'm impressed with Brandon....if he suggests something just go with it. you won't be disapointed.

I'm going to have to save up my money to get one. I have a buddy of mine who bought a top shot gun S/n 6. What a sweet gun. I for one can appreciate quality. Buy once cry once, but in this case there's no crying. They are worth every penny.

Bill is right on spot !

Infinity's dedication to produce the best pistols money can buy is obvious after reading his post.

Jetdriver :

Brandon let me shoot some .40sw rounds with Clays inside and Montana 180s and it feels way softer than my own loads with N320, FWIW.....

+A on Brandon and SVI's customer service! I just ordered the 5.4" Limited gun to go with my 5" SV's and my IMM Open gun. I was't sure about the balance of the 6" so I split the difference and the 5.5" which will be legal by the next shooting season.

:cheers:

Great post Bill!

I had a similar experience stopping by the factory on my way to the 2009 Nationals. I hadn't planned for any work I just wanted to see the factory. Brandon decided to check my gun and found a crack in the barrel (I used N310 back then,bad move) they stayed well beyond darkness to fit a new barrel, redo the LPI on the top rib and ended up giving the gun a new finish. I was starting to feel a little uncomfortable taking so much of their time and tried to intervene a few times with "ok that is good enough for me" but the reply was always "but it isn't for us" and they keep working until they were happy. Fantastic service.

I've also just ordered the new 5.4" standard gun and it feels just like being 5 again waiting for Santa.. Agonizing but once it's here time lapsed is forgotten.

I have to really agree with Bill. I think it was Nationals 2005 when I had dinner with the SV team, I have been shooting SVs ever since.

I have 3 SV Infinity pistols and waiting on my fourth (a Single Stack).

I have yet to see any product come out of Infinity that was not superior. Sandy showed my his prototype steel grips at Nationals a few years ago.

The service responsiveness is the best no only in the firearm industry but in all industries.

Sorry to thread-jack:

Is the LPI on the top necessarily or just a cosmetic issue? The slide has tri-top already. So, it has a flat top.

If Dalmas pistols was a sight tracker, the rib on the barrel comes blank and has to be machined to match the top of the slide lining.

Mats ? Am I right ?

Nice gallery Mats.

I also have two 5.4 in order, as well as a .40sw SingleStack. :goof:

Edited by Julien Boit

Took delivery of a 5 in Stainless Limited in .40. What an amazing pistol. I am hooked!!! While I am getting to know this pistol, I keep thinking of which one I will order next. Brandon is top notch. He has spent too much time on the phone with me, a very little fish.

Took delivery of a 5 in Stainless Limited in .40. What an amazing pistol. I am hooked!!! While I am getting to know this pistol, I keep thinking of which one I will order next. Brandon is top notch. He has spent too much time on the phone with me, a very little fish.

That is how it starts........good luck, because I haven't found a cure for the addiction yet :devil:

Edited by SV-COP

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered one from SV. I ordered the non AET barrel and will have it DLC'ed.

Congratulations, what are you going to name her? :cheers:

mullanman2

How narcissistic of you, don't ya think doc? I was thinking something more along the lines of baldy, or perhaps bald eagle. Oh! or maybe even alopecia if you wanna get scientific with it. Just a thought :roflol::devil: