Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone have a Team Infinity 6in Limited Gun?

Nemesis Lead

Does anyone have a Team Infinity 6in Limited Gun (see attached pic)?

I am wondering how you have liked it. Pros? Cons? Reliable? Accurate? Soft shooting?

I have that exact gun in stainless steel. I absolutely love it. It is extremely accurate and shoots very soft and flat. I've had it since 12-24-2010 and have a little over 7000 rounds through it. However, it does take quite a bit of N320 to make major (5.4 grains) with 180 grain bullets.

I am wondering how you have liked it. Pros? Cons? Reliable? Accurate? Soft shooting?

I have that exact gun in stainless steel. I absolutely love it. It is extremely accurate and shoots very soft and flat. I've had it since 12-24-2010 and have a little over 7000 rounds through it. However, it does take quite a bit of N320 to make major (5.4 grains) with 180 grain bullets.

Is that because you are loading it long, or because you are using jacketed bullets? Or both?

You got it on Christmas Eve. How absolutely awesome! :rolleyes:

I'm not sure why it takes that much powder to make major, it just DOES.

However, I can assure you of a few things that I would/will bet my retirement on.

1. SV/Infinity will only use top shelf parts/components made from bar stock in their factory

2. Their work ethic is rivaled by none. They work 7 days a week.....all year long...

3. As you noticed, my last pistol was delivered on Christmas Eve, after 5PM. my wife wasn't happy, but I couldn't make myself wait until Monday morning to receive it.

To each and every person who takes the time to read this post............the Strayers are absolutely dedicated to our Sport and give their "ALL" to insure we have the best firearms available......

Even though I do not own a SVI, yet (I've been waiting slightly longer than 14 months now), all I can say that the dedication and customer service of SVI is amazing. Even after-hours e-mails to Brandon have usually been answered within 2 hours (latest). Naturally, I am strongly looking forward to receive my IPSC-limited gun hopefully before christmas! if its only half as good as I expect it to be, it won't be my last SVI regardless of the delivery times!

My Infinity 6 inch is not the Team variation but is still extremely accurate using the highest quality materials and superbly fitted components. Another point to make about Infinity 6 inch guns is they balance well and 'look right' because the extended dust cover matches up with the slide cut.

Brandon is the best in the business.

M1Normando

Even though I do not own a SVI, yet (I've been waiting slightly longer than 14 months now), all I can say that the dedication and customer service of SVI is amazing. Even after-hours e-mails to Brandon have usually been answered within 2 hours (latest). Naturally, I am strongly looking forward to receive my IPSC-limited gun hopefully before Christmas! If it's only half as good as I expect it to be, it won't be my last SVI, regardless of the delivery times!

"after hours" in D may not be as late as it seems due to the 6 or 7 hour time difference between München and Grand Prairie :)

Brandon has answered the phone after their closing hours, has called me after their closing hours and pretty much has returned every message left within 24 hours.

I leave in the Mountain Time zone, so their service responsiveness has nothing to do with time zone, just good customer service!

I'm not accurately aware of every one's time zone for sure. But, I can give you reliable information (as it relates to SVI) related to the Central time zone in the USA.

They get to work at or before 7AM and stay until or after 7PM each and every day, including Holidays.

Unlike most jobs, they don't start out in the break room over a pot of coffee. They are "balls to the wall" from sun up to sun down. Although, they might enjoy a slower pace, they are keenly aware of the demand of and lead time for their products. They don't brag about those numbers...., because (i believe) they want us to have them in our possession as fast as humanly possible. However, they are not willing to sacrifice quality for faster lead times. :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

I'm thankful for that :devil:

If they are working 7-7 including holidays and it still takes a year to deliver, it is time to hire help.

Maybe so, but only if you're willing to sacrifice quality for faster lead times......they're not, and I'm thankful.

I do not see the two issues as the same. Everybody at SV started somewhere.

If they are working 7-7 including holidays and it still takes a year to deliver, it is time to hire help.

Maybe so, but only if you're willing to sacrifice quality for faster lead times......they're not, and I'm thankful.

I do not see the two issues as the same. Everybody at SV started somewhere.

Well, let's think about that for a minute..... if you keep and train a small team of engineers who run the machines, fit/finish the components and control the final assembly, you'll turn out a superior product. According to ATF, SV builds around 300ish pistols per year. Compare their cost and lead time to other custom pistol smiths...

We've all seen what happens when firearms companies try to ramp up their production to meet demand.....their quality suffers..

I'd much rather wait 6-12 months for a top shelf, custom pistol that will meet or exceed all of my expectations. I know there are folks out there who can build a pistol faster, but I seriously doubt it will be better, ie: more reliable, more accurate or longer lasting.... I don't have a lot of money, so I want/need the most bang for my buck. So far, SV has delivered that for me :bow:

Well, let's think about that for a minute..... if you keep and train a small team of engineers who run the machines, fit/finish the components and control the final assembly, you'll turn out a superior product. According to ATF, SV builds around 300ish pistols per year. Compare their cost and lead time to other custom pistol smiths...

We've all seen what happens when firearms companies try to ramp up their production to meet demand.....their quality suffers..

I'd much rather wait 6-12 months for a top shelf, custom pistol that will meet or exceed all of my expectations. I know there are folks out there who can build a pistol faster, but I seriously doubt it will be better, ie: more reliable, more accurate or longer lasting.... I don't have a lot of money, so I want/need the most bang for my buck. So far, SV has delivered that for me :bow:

I'm not quite sure I agree with that line of thinking as it may not be sustainable. How long can you have someone working from 7-7 every day of the week every week of the year before burnout/divorce/blah..... leads to a 2-3 year lead time or start letting things slip? Lets say one of them(lets hope not) gets in a accident and is not able to work? I have no idea how many people are at Infinity but have you just decreased their productivity by 1/5, 1/4, worse?

I have one of these and shot it in a match for the first time yesterday. WOW, what a gun, far more accurate than I am. Very well balanced, it looks front heavy, but it's not. It's a tad lighter than my full dust cover 5 inch SV. Cycles smoother than my grandmothers homemade butter.

[...]

"after hours" in D may not be as late as it seems due to the 6 or 7 hour time difference between München and Grand Prairie :)

I agree that the time differences between the US and Germany are often forgotten about... but not this time ;-)

Edited by Frans-Matthis Pleie

Hiring is rough to do when you are perfectionists and most employees do not share your fanaticism for quality.