Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Postal match times?

steel1212

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shot ESP/SS with a mediocre time of 70.02. I missed 3 head shots, two on the Standards stage and one on Stage 1 - which I designed :angry: .

Stage 1 is my favorite of the postal match stages :cheers: I will have to say though... it was not limited and the targets are like 7 yards away why didn't you make it up?

I shot ESP/SS with a mediocre time of 70.02. I missed 3 head shots, two on the Standards stage and one on Stage 1 - which I designed :angry: .

Stage 1 is my favorite of the postal match stages :cheers: I will have to say though... it was not limited and the targets are like 7 yards away why didn't you make it up?

It was on the first two targets. I didn't know about the miss until after I was finished.

I shot the postal match yesterday... CDP Master... 44.70. I was 8 pts down, but only one down on the standards. On Hurricane happenstance, I shot all 0's and a -3... Ughhhh. 1.5 seconds on 1 shot kills..

John

Edited by Sac Law Man

That standards stage is a real killer! Has anyone seen a shooter with a Down 0 total for the match?

GOF

I was down 3, but I'm an unclassified newb that shoots too slow (84.82 total). It was my 3rd idpa match, and alot less sucky than my first two.

We shot it as part of our club match last month. My third match with SSR, SS I clocked in with a 78.56 unofficially. Been shooting ESR since this summer. Those 38's might as well be a 22LR :devil:

Edited by Suicycle

CDP MA tomorrow. Then I'll sandbag a little (legitmately) in ESP EX in November.

ETA:

CDP MA - 44.90 (2 pd)

Well, I missed my opportunity to shoot ESP in warm weather due to a severely pulled forearm muscle. This morning was not warm, and me + cold weather = substandard performance. My ESP raw times were nearly identical to my warm weather CDP times, but intead of 2 points down over four stages, I was 12 points down. $&*%!!!

• 3 weeks later...

First time shooting the postal match:

ESP/SS: 59.75 (21)

Damn that Stage 3

Still waiting to see the scores posted on the IDPA website, so I can see where I rank.

Clubs have until 1/8 to get the scores to me. I will post the results 1/10.

Ted

why not just post them like once a month... that way if you shoot early you may have the chance to be first for a minute... :cheers:

I am fairly new to IDPA and this was my first postal match. I shot it Dec 18th.

SSP/SS 71.34(25)

I dropped 14 points in the standards course. I totally blew my strong hand shots, did fine with my weak hand ones. I then dropped two head shots on the hurricane stage without seeing it.

I'll do better next time.

Back in our November classifier match, I just barely skidded into the Expert ranking in CDP. I shot the Postal Match in 54.53 with 14 points down. I took stage 1 for granted and didn't use sights much after the head shots were done on T1 and T2. I was 7 points down on just stage 1 - Arrrgh!

If I would have shot stage 1 my usual way, I'm sure I could have scored a couple of points better.

Edited by gigamortis

Well I blew it this year. I had a mediocre performance in ESR and terrible in SSR. Being match director, running a squad and trying to shoot 2 guns in one day was more than my brain could handle. :roflol:

I'll have to do a better job focusing next time. :cheers: