Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rockcastle Shotgun Championship

Just read thru the division requirements for this match. In the Standard Division, according to rule 6.1.3 "Box-fed magazine shotguns that meet these restrictions may be used in this division." That doesn't seem like it should be allowed in Standard Division. What is the reasoning behind this?? IMHO, Saiga-type firearms belong in the Open Division.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I get the feeling that in many courses, higher capacity will not help. (Like an 8 round course or a course with mixed rounds, I'm certain there will be many)

I have a feeling you are very correct. All it takes is a slug or buckshot every 4th or 8th target and the old box gun is somehow not so great to reload anymore.

Good fair stage design is the key,

I hope enough of the box feed guns shoot to get a real comparing of the strengths and short comings.

also comparing of shooters of the same ability shooting the different platforms.

look foward to seeing everyone at Rockcastle!

Grant.

We were talking about the box-fed mag thing the other day. I don't think you'll see too many box-mag guns. Practically all of the Saiga shooters are running in open, with comps that cannot be removed, and can't be used in Standard for this match.

DanO

Any new info? Website? Registration info?

I have talked with Nick at Rockcastle and we are moving the shotgun match to June29th-July 1st. With the multi gun nationlas now in April that month has turned into a mad scramble. We want everyone to be able to come and enjoy this match and concentrate on having great time. We are locked on this date and there will be no more date changes. It is 3 weeks after Iron Man so everyone will have ample time to rest up.

We are changing the website and we will have it up the first of next week.

Also, Benelli has come on board as the match sponsor.

I wonder if we can get one of our neighborhood moderators to change the dates in the title and first post. I bet there are a bunch of folks like me that saw them the first time and gave up.

Birdman, That is the great thing about outlaw MG or Shotgun matches- if you run a match you can put them where YOU think they should be! In all seriousness lots of people were terrified that the box fed shotgun would be the end of the tube gun for sure and pushed to put them only in open. Several very knowledgable shotgunners were not so sure about that and have let them shoot where ever they fit based on other established rules (comps, optics, etc.). Box fed guns have always been allowed in standard division at HPSC for instance and seems that it has not really mattered. I don't understand why shotguns with detachable magazines should have to shoot only in open since no one wants to see handguns or rifles with detachable magazines relegated to open division only. What is the difference? Joe

Edited for spelling.

Edited by whiskey1

So do we shoot all day Friday, Saturday and half day Sunday?

Yes we will shoot Friday, Saturday, and half of day Sunday.

I have tried to get the dates changed on the post title and seem to be having no luck with it.

I don't understand why shotguns with detachable magazines should have to shoot only in open since no one wants to see handguns or rifles with detachable magazines relegated to open division only. What is the difference? Joe

IMHO it seems like detachable mags in standard division would be like a p-16 in revolver division with no speedloaders or moons allowed.

I don't understand why shotguns with detachable magazines should have to shoot only in open since no one wants to see handguns or rifles with detachable magazines relegated to open division only. What is the difference? Joe

IMHO it seems like detachable mags in standard division would be like a p-16 in revolver division with no speedloaders or moons allowed.

It seems like everytime someone wants to say something bigoted toward saige owners they start with IMHO. Well IMHO the only people its ok be prejudiced against in this country anymore is fat people and saiga shooters. Stop the class warfare :lol: . I for one am going to take off the red dot and shoot in standard. :P

IMHO I hope all the saiga guys shoot in tactical some can win open with my Benelli.

I know everyone can't be pleased with the rules and divisions. So let's concentrate on having fun at the match and enjoy shooting a lot of shotgun over 3 days.

I assure you that the stage designers will take into consideration of the rules and divisions and everyone will be very happy when all said and done.

IMHO I hope all the saiga guys shoot in tactical some can win open with my Benelli.

I know everyone can't be pleased with the rules and divisions. So let's concentrate on having fun at the match and enjoy shooting a lot of shotgun over 3 days.

I assure you that the stage designers will take into consideration of the rules and divisions and everyone will be very happy when all said and done.

I am more than pleased with everything. You had me at Shotgun.

finally got my 2012 work schedule, i now just need to get my app done and room. well if i had a saiga i most likey would use it (in standard)so with no round limit after start, so that way i could miss faster!

i remember a young man once told me how can you miss with a shotgun!? well i sured showed him! :)

Ha. I used to think that the only way to load a shot shell backwards in the tube would be on purpose. Found out that it is definitely possible to do it by accident at our 3gun match on Sunday. Luckily, I engaged in loadus interruptus and only went in half way.

i call and got my room for the match and told her i wanted the stated $69 per night room rate that is on the match home page. she claimed that rate was incorrect and it should me $30 a night higher.

so what is the right anwser?

i call and got my room for the match and told her i wanted the stated $69 per night room rate that is on the match home page. she claimed that rate was incorrect and it should me $30 a night higher.

When I made my reservation, I was told $69. After seeing your post I just called and it is now $99. I pointed out the http://www.rockcastleshotgunchampionship.com/accommodations.html site and the lady said she would be checking with Nick (Noble I'm assuming). She asked me to call back later.

When I made my reservation, I was told $69. After seeing your post I just called and it is now $99. I pointed out the http://www.rockcastleshotgunchampionship.com/accommodations.html site and the lady said she would be checking with Nick (Noble I'm assuming). She asked me to call back later.

the hotel just called back the rates $99 and stated that the match web site will be changed.

Guys relax and I am sorry for the error, the website admin. made a typo and we didn't catch it. We run other matches in the winter there and it slipped past both of us as that is the winter rate.