Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rockcastle Shotgun Championship

Great match, thanks to the RO's for working in the heat so we could shoot,also thanks to Benelli, Rockcastle, AP Customs, R&R and all the great sponsors for supporting the match. excellent to see the fundrasing efforts for the young shooters who shot the match. I will be back next year.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It was a great match. Special thanks to Joe for taking the time to get it going and the great bunch of RO’s that worked the match. Thanks to Nick and Nate Noble for being a great host and Benelli and the rest of the sponsors.

I was on a great squad and two gentlemen went above and beyond. My daughter was determined to shoot my old 1100 even though I quit shooting it several years back due to basically being wore out but she loves that old gun and the gun failed Saturday beyond repair and Steve Rose and Harold Calvert both offered to let her use their Benelli’s to finish the match as did several RO’s. Mo chose to use Steve’s Benelli to finish the match. Steve is a great example of a gentleman and a sportsman and I wanted to publicly thank him for helping Mo finish the match.

It was a great squad to be on we had our own cheerleader another squad mate shot so much he started bleeding from the shoulder (sign of a great shotgun match) and the 8 mile gang. Looking forward to shooting with you guys and ladies again next year

releo 37, You are too kind with your comments. Your daughter Mo was a real trooper hanging in there all 3 days. I gotta tell you that more than once I was worried that I was going to get beat by a girl...and she was going to do it with my own gun! :surprise:

I can certainly echo what everyone has already said about this great match, The Match staff and RO's, the Nobles and all the Rockcastle crew, and especially the competitors themselves, were a great group of people to be around. I started the match knowing only one person on our squad and ended the weekend with a new group of friends that I look forward to shooting with again. :cheers:

Everyone experienced conditions that we've rarely encountered here in Kentucky. Several times during the match I was remembering one of my favorite quotes from the great Fred Bear:

Hardships are quickly forgotten. Intense heat, bitter cold, rain and snow, fatigue, and luckless hunting fade quickly into memories of great fellowship, thoughts of beautiful country, pleasant camps, and happy campfires.

I've forgot to post some stuff on this site as of late, here is the Noveske Shooting Teams's Romero, Jones & Harris at the match. Thanks Jesse for assisting with video work on day 2!

Edited by cold

Great match. Next year I won't buy cheap ammo and finish 24. <_<

I loved the stages. Almost every stage I felt like I could finish top 10% if I pushed with no misses. Wow I learned a lot. Thanks Rockcastle and Joe Harris. I would have loved to see the Benelli crew and Katie Harris shoot the same stages. Post the whole video guys and gal!

Greg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One of the "wonderful" things about outlaw matches…MD's don't communicate on match dates.

OK, I bet some do, but damn, the Noveske 3G and the Benelli Shotgun on the same weekend?!?!

If we even had a loosely affiliated multigun association we would be able to avoid this.

A bummer for many.

And I hate to say it, but Enos works as a great..."loosely affiliated association."

We've designed and used targets...i.e. clay oreos on the forum.

Because of this forum, about 2 years ago, MOST of the "outlaw" matches adopted the 1X rule for tac irons, and the ones that didn't, at least knew about it.

I believe all the match directors are on here and ask for input and share ideas all the time!

We post round counts, stages, tell when applications are up.

People evaluate and comment on matches and we've had the 3-Gun calendar here for at least 3 or 4 years!!

The nice thing here, is that USPSA posts on it also, so it's a place for all of us to play nice together!!!!

Not really stirring turds, just saying we already have a great place to communicate! Thanks Brian Enos and friends!!!!

:wub:

Denise

P.S. I WILL get off my duff and send in a donation. Been thinking about it for many months, but...just too busy!!! Guess I better put my money where my mouth is!

Edited by Benelli Chick

I know the dates won't please everyone but there is a lot to consider. There is a match every weekend in April and May, ans also the NRA show to consider. The only available weekend in those two months besides the dates picked was my daughters high school graduation(not going to miss that). The venue has other events to consider as well.

When the pro matches for 3 gun nation and all the rest of the matches get posted I am sure there will be a lot more overlapping of matches as well.

Sorry if the dates inconvenience anyone but those are the dates for the match. We did not purposely put the date the same as the Colorado match, that's just how it fell. I hope there match as well as the shotgun match fills up. That just means we are growing the sport.

Only other available dates were in July and the first week of August which is the same as the Rocky Mountain match. We are not doing July like last year. We want people to enjoy themselves and not have to worry about heat exhaustion.

I know the dates won't please everyone but there is a lot to consider. There is a match every weekend in April and May, ans also the NRA show to consider. The only available weekend in those two months besides the dates picked was my daughters high school graduation(not going to miss that). The venue has other events to consider as well.

When the pro matches for 3 gun nation and all the rest of the matches get posted I am sure there will be a lot more overlapping of matches as well.

Sorry if the dates inconvenience anyone but those are the dates for the match. We did not purposely put the date the same as the Colorado match, that's just how it fell. I hope there match as well as the shotgun match fills up. That just means we are growing the sport.

Only other available dates were in July and the first week of August which is the same as the Rocky Mountain match. We are not doing July like last year. We want people to enjoy themselves and not have to worry about heat exhaustion.

I totally understand. The venue can be really busy also, and 3-Gun and shotgun are so much more popular. People are going to have to choose, but isn't that what everyone wanted...more options??? Some of them are going to overlap!

Thanks for not choosing the beginning of August! It would've been hot then, too! :devil:

More matches, more fun! Some back East, some out West! All good!

Denise