Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Moving Zero

GlennRasch

Is it new? Call and let them know. Sounds like a bad module? Anybody? So far mine has held zero since May. Knock on wood!! I have heard some hold forever and some hold for literally only a few minutes when bad. Please let us know what you find out when this all shakes out.

Hello: Check the C-More mount screws (big ones) again to see if they are tight. Next check to see if the elevation adjustment screw is not just floating with no tension. That is the standard elevation screw which is normally on top but now on it's side. I have a couple of C-Mores where it took a couple of turns to tension it on the sideways mounts so it would hold zero. The screw was just lose and once it had some tension everything worked out fine and are still holding zero. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

Hello: Check the C-More mount screws (big ones) again to see if they are tight. Next check to see if the elevation adjustment screw is not just floating with no tension. That is the standard elevation screw which is normally on top but now on it's side. I have a couple of C-Mores where it took a couple of turns to tension it on the sideways mounts so it would hold zero. The screw was just lose and once it had some tension everything worked out fine and are still holding zero. Hope this helps. Thanks, Eric

I'll try that and see if that works.....I'm also going to call Sean at Power Factor and get a new module on Monday.

Had a buddy of mine and his wouldn't hold zero. One of the set screws on the c-more was a tad too long. So while it seemed tight, it wasnt snug against the adjustment screw. He just had to take a little length off of the set screw. Works like a charm now. That was at least a year and half ago.

for what is worth.

best of luck..

blake

I had the same problem this weekend at a major match.

I couldn't hit anything with my pistol and I know I don't shoot that badly. :roflol:

I zeroed the gun and put it in the safe for a week - I took it out for a pre-match practice session/function check and my POA/POI looks like this at 25 yards:

photoqf.jpg

(The group should be centered at the point of the sticky note - ignore the .22 holes)

Fortunately and unfortunately, my performance didn't hurt my finish but next time I'd like to make sure my pistol shoots straight.

Anyone try the trick yet?

check your grip screws.. I fought traveling zero for a week till I found my grip screw were loose. Blue lock tight and now it holds zero.

I believe Mat has the answer for you -

I had the exact same problem, and this problem has

been discussed on this forum just a few days ago

(a week?).

My 9mm major STI TruBor wouldn't hold a zero for

an entire match.

Turns out the grip screws were loose, just as

Mat mentioned three days ago...

Soon as I tightened the screws (I loc-tited them)

the problem disappeared, and that's two years ago:))

Good luck.

Jack

• 2 months later...

check your grip screws.. I fought traveling zero for a week till I found my grip screw were loose. Blue lock tight and now it holds zero.

I believe Mat has the answer for you -

I had the exact same problem, and this problem has

been discussed on this forum just a few days ago

(a week?).

My 9mm major STI TruBor wouldn't hold a zero for

an entire match.

Turns out the grip screws were loose, just as

Mat mentioned three days ago...

Soon as I tightened the screws (I loc-tited them)

the problem disappeared, and that's two years ago:))

Good luck.

Jack

I am having the same drifting C-more issues, and ( to my surprise) my grips screws are loose.

Can someone explain how my loose grip screws cause the zero point to drift (3in at 17 yds) over the course of say 150 rounds?

The mount is securely attached to the frame and the cmore is tight on the mount......that critical geometry is fixed rigid and is not loose.

BB

Because your grip is the attachment point for your frame. just a little bit of slop in the area translates to allot of muzzle deviation from center. since your mount is attached to your frame the entire frame is moving with in the grip. Or in my case my grip strength tends to squeeze the gun in different directions.

Think of it as loose grips screws cause a swivel point instead of an anchor point. OF Course we are talking on a 2011 platform only

Mat

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I had this same problem and it literally drove me crazy for like a week. I can't stand not understanding anything to do with my match setup. Mine turned out to be two things: One, my grip screws were lose. Two, my comp was moving about a degree when I fired because my mountain of red loctite on both it and the set screw must have gotten cooked by all that 3n37.... Now that those items are taken care of I am no longer seeing groups that could pass for buckshot at 40 yards! :cheers: