Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 Ohio Section Championship

Guys I hate to do this, but I had to make 1 small change to 1 shooter on stage 4. He said he left the handcuffs, and took the penalty, and after looking up his scores & double-checking with the paper copy of his scores, he is right. He should have gotten the penalty.

We cross-check and verify every score sheet that comes through stats, and we have some very excellent stats people, who have done this match for the last 3 or 4 years. But after processing 3,200 score sheets, sometimes things can and do fall through the cracks.

I already looked and this small change did not affect the overall results, even though this shooter lost 6.5 stage points because of it.

Personally I hate to see changes made to the results of a major match after the fact, but that's why we post scores on the wall or picnic table at the range, so you fine folks can verify them before you leave.

Hopefully this was the only thing that slipped through, as I pride myself on 100% accuracy. But like I said we handled 3200 score sheets over 3 days, and I saw less than a dozen errors that actually were caught & corrected immediately. We try to be accurate, but we also try to be fast. I had final results posted to USPSA.com exactly 11 minutes after the last shots were being fired. I'm sure that's no record, but I do think that's the most efficient stats crew I've ever had in the 4 years I've done scores for this match. I have to thank all my helpers & runners. We couldn't have done it without them all.

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great match, I am glad, Coach talked me into to going.

16th in Limited

2nd B class

3rd place in Limited on stage 10.

57th Overall.

If I wouldn't have bobbled my reload on stage 5 and throw a mike on the classifier. (Who the hell does that!) I think my standings would have been a good bit better.

Again, thanks for the great match.

Also as a side note to all, our fearless, Coach ruptured a muscle in his right calf on stage 10, but finished the match non-the-less! Placing 26th in Limited.

Edited by bigcraig

Great match, I am glad, Coach talked me into to going.

16th in Limited

2nd B class

3rd place in Limited on stage 10.

If I wouldn't have bobbled my reload on stage 5 and throw a mike on the classifier.

(Who the hell does that!)

ME!

:cheers:

:eatdrink:

Edited by Chris Keen

Funny how stuff works out. Matt put up some great guns, but nothing for Production and the guy that won production beat everyone, but Bob V. . :o

In case you don't know him, you will, the kids name is Alex Gutt and you will be seeing more of him. :)

Way to go Alex, second overall from Production!

Looks like you guys had some great and very challenging stages. See ya'll soon at 5

JT

Not sure how you figured that out J. If you're talking about COMBINED SCORES then I show Alex in 20th place, at 74% of KC, and here's the amazing part ......... Bob V. finished 2nd overall to KC. But ....... had Bob V. been shooting MINOR ........ HE STILL WOULD HAVE BEEN 2nd OVERALL to KC.

:cheers:

Now I do admit that Alex Gutt is a force to be reckoned with, but Bob Vogel is not from this planet. He is a machine. A Terminator sent back from the future to eliminate all the competition from USPSA, IDPA, IPSC, etc. etc. etc. He can not be stopped! ;)

BobV.jpg

Edited by Chris Keen

Hey Chris,

I was looking at match points, per ones own division. <_<

Look forward to see you at 5 guys. As too a scoring issue, that happens and it's better to bite the bullet than not get it right.

Wow 17 days... back to work!

JT

Hey Chris can we find the combined results anywhere?

http://combinedresul....php/match/4878

37th after zeroing a stage....I can live with that I guess. <_<

The thing that will keep you up is trying to figure out where you would be if you had not zeroed it. :eatdrink:

JT

Pretty sure first is still first with more points... :roflol:

Edited by steel1212

2012 Ohio Champion

KC Eusebio

Division Winners

Open KC Eusebio

Limited Bob Vogel

Limited 10 Todd Kunz

Production Alex Gutt

Single Stack Corey Estill

Revolver Phil Griggs

Random Draw Guns

Open Jeff Katakis

Limited Tom Pardue

Limited 10 Colin Vaughn (Again!)

Production Conlon Whitelaw

Single Stack John Baier

Revolver Scott Fish

Raffle Gun

Aya Eberhart

Freedom Munitions Case of 9mm ammunition

Brian Johnson

And finally the Hot _hit award goes to Ryan Zamberlan for a power factor of 201.3! Ryan has one the heated toilet seat donated by Hogue Grips.

If you are the lucky winner of one of the random draw guns or the production or revolver HOA you will need to contact Shooters Supply in Loveland, OH. and make arrangements to ship to your FFL. (513) 683-2911

If you have won one of the Cheely Custom pistols you will need to contact Matt. http://www.ccgunworks.com/welcome-to-cc-gunworks.html

The thing that will keep you up is trying to figure out where you would be if you had not zeroed it. :eatdrink:

JT

Okay, you were talking overall... So where would ya have been overall if you had shot that with your average finish? :devil:

PS Congrats Corey. :)

JT

Edited by JThompson

JT

Okay, you were talking overall... So where would ya have been overall if you had shot that with your average finish? :devil:

JT

Lol there is that. Gee thanks now I got that to think about :-)

JT

JT

Lol there is that. Gee thanks now I got that to think about :-)

Just doing my part... :sight::goof:

JT

What a well run match. Had a great squad and worked together well. Could have shoot better but couldn't we all.

Thanks to the crew for all the hard work for no pay!!!

See you at the Indiana Section Championship in Warsaw soon

Brent

Edited by colt

I big thank you to all that made the match possible, expecially those behind the scene!

It proved to be a difficult one for me, but that was simply due to the heat. I enjoyed myself all the same ;)

Great match MRPC! Had a great time meeting some new people and shooting my first L2 match. What an experience! The heat was terrible, but the end result was worth it, I had a great time.

Where is the link to the online album?

Http://goo.gl/VJTXN

Website is case sensitive

There are some great pictures out there. Don't forget to buy one. Prices are very reasonable and David was sweating his arse off all weekend too!