Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Justified

benos

I got this series from the Top 5 Mini Series thread.

I watched the first 3 episodes last night. I liked it, but as of now I wouldn't put it in the great category. It's no Deadwood or Shield. The gun / gun talk is way cool though. And I became a big fan of Timothy Olyfant in Deadwood - and he's excellent thus far. A few of his one-liners - he reminds me a bit of a young Clint Eastwood. But so far the show is pretty much just him - the supporting cast isn't adding much to the scenes. But the may improve, like is often the case with a mini series.

Please use the spoiler tag for quotes or spoilers.

be

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife and I love Justified! Being from Eastern KY myself, there are some "inconsistencies" that pop up but, for the most part, they do a great job. Definitely recommend it.

The writers are good , most all the characters and story lines tie in over the weeks to make a complete story with out much waste and tricks.

The viewer that pays attention is rewarded with a good story.

my wife and I have not found a Box office movie that is as good as the series sence it came on

I'm a huge fan of Justified, mostly the attitude and the swagger.

I love the idea of someone who's willing to sacrifice anything to do the right thing.

Imagine how much more awesome he'd be if he stuck to one gun... sig, glock, 1911?

Pick one and practice! :)

lol Every time I mention something about him changing guns, the wife gives me the "it's just a TV show" look...

I watched the first 3 episodes last night. I liked it, but as of now I wouldn't put it in the great category. It's no Deadwood or Shield. The gun / gun talk is way cool though. And I became a big fan of Timothy Olyfant in Deadwood - and he's excellent thus far. A few of his one-liners - he reminds me a bit of a young Clint Eastwood. But so far the show is pretty much just him - the supporting cast isn't adding much to the scenes. But the may improve, like is often the case with a mini series.

be

I like the conversation. It isn't Elmore Leonard writing it, but, he is a producer, and, if you have ever read him, he writes the spoken word better than anybody and his influence is definitely felt in the show.

And calling it a mini series isn't that far off. "Seasons" are short now. I watch old "Peter Gunn"s and there are a million of them even though it wasn't on for that long. 26 episodes a season used to be the norm.

Edited by underlug

be

I like the conversation. It isn't Elmore Leonard writing it, but, he is a producer, and, if you have ever read him, he writes the spoken word better than anybody and his influence is definitely felt in the show.

And calling it a mini series isn't that far off. "Seasons" are short now. I watch old "Peter Gunn"s and there are a million of them even though it wasn't on for that long. 26 episodes a season used to be the norm.

There's a lot of Leonard's main character from "The Hot Kid" in Raylan's character. Several other parallels as well.

Show that my wife and I can watch, as stated earlier love the swagger and attitude.... patiently waiting for season 4.

Boyd character has gotten more interesting through season 3.

Edited by schroed

The wife and I are HUGE fans of Justified. This past season was the best yet. It seems to me that the cable channels like FX and USA are putting out stuff that is head and shoulders above the regular networks. Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead on TMC are great shows too. Any Sons of Anarchy fans?

be

The first half of Season was a little hit and miss -- though the episode with the Dentist (Ep. 4?) stands out for me. In the second half of the season, the show starts to pull it together....

Season 2 is much better -- though the format is still some stand-alones in the first half, with a little bit of big arc, and then really just arc in the second half of the season...

Show that my wife and I can watch, as stated earlier love the swagger and attitude.... patiently waiting for season 4.

Boyd character has gotten more interesting through season 3.

Season 3? I thought only 2 seasons had aired?!?!

I'm a huge fan of Justified, mostly the attitude and the swagger.

I love the idea of someone who's willing to sacrifice anything to do the right thing.

Imagine how much more awesome he'd be if he stuck to one gun... sig, glock, 1911?

Pick one and practice! :)

lol Every time I mention something about him changing guns, the wife gives me the "it's just a TV show" look...

In "Fire in the Hole" where he kills Boyd he is "pulling" a 6 and a half inch ".45 Smith and Wesson Target"

There have only been 3 seasons of Justified, the first started march 16 2010, the second on feb 9th 2011, and the third on march 29 2011 and the fourth starts sept 21st, thats wed at 8 pm. 13 weeks this time.-----------Larry

Edited by Larry White

I love this show, partly because of the acting and characters partly because I can identify with the region and culture. I grew up in WV and have been to Harlan. My only complaint is that it is obviously fimed in California and not Eastern Kentucky.

According to the official Justified website there have been just two seasons so far and it has been picked up for a third.

-Dave

http://www.movieweb.com/news/justified-renewed-for-season-3

http://www.fxnetworks.com/shows/originals/justified/episode.php

Glad Breaking Bad is back and Dexter isn't far off.

Now a show that we'll miss was little drama that FX had called Terriers. Exceptional but no audience. Canned after first season. A real shame.

post-1015-0-73595600-1314925877_thumb.jp