Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grams Followers

Guest Larry Cazes

Guest Larry Cazes

Now that the NEW format follower has been available for a while, what do you guys think of them? I am looking to refurbish some .38 super mags and have been considering the grams follower/spring kits and maybe some new basepads as well. Any feedback on these so far?

Guest Larry Cazes

Thanks guys...Just wanted to make sure most were still happy after a few months before I made a purchase. ;)

Can someone give a nutshell explanation of the improvement over the previous versions?

Rhino,

Call Beven and he can explain it. The list is waaay too long.

But in a nutshell, the stock followers are a complete compromise.

GE doesn't compromise - they make thing the way the mfg should have.

Got my new Grams followers and Springs in the mail Saturday, dropped them in my mags - all of my 140mm SV tubes now hold 19 easy, a couple will hold 20 TIGHT with Dawson bases. I have 1 Grams 4mm base, so I put it on - and it gives me 20 with slop, easy loading.

Shot a match today cold, and they ran 100% for about 200 rds. I'm impressed.

I love the new springs and followers. My wife has had problems forever with her mags, they just always seemed to fail at the big matches. I replaced her springs and followers with the new Grams about 6 months ago and she has had NO problems at all. We are through 2 major matchs this year with a perfect record.

I was told the problem that I had been having was mixing Gram springs with STI followers. That will never happen agian!

Has anyone heard if Grams will sale just the spring for that new follower? I would like to replace the springs before Area 4 and the followers are in awesome shape.

Mark S.

If it has a score card it's a game!