Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

THE DOUBLE TAP CHAMPIONSHIP 2012

Had another great Double Tap. Would like to thank all the RO's and Robert and crew for all their work. Had a Great time with squad 21. Was neat watching Bill Drummond shoot.When he wasn't shooting he was giving me advice and support very cool. I would like to think I pushed him a bit but I doudt it. LOL

Maize

Edited by Maize

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Double Tap is one of the best matches I have ever shot since I started shooting practical pistol in the early 90's.Great stages and very professional RO's.When Robert called my name at the start of the prize ceremony and presented me with a Texas flag,did I almost start crying.What a nice gesture.

I will do my best to be back next year.

Thanks to Robert and all the guys and gals who worked at the match.

Edited by ALF

:cheers: Great match and a big thank you for all the competitors that came out. Please make sure a visit the doubletapranch.com site and thank the sponsors for all the support they gave us this year. Hope to see everyone out next year. Robert did a great job from start to finish and i am sure next year will be just as good. Congrats Bill on the win, hope you like the trophy. :cheers:

:eatdrink: i wanted to thank the RM and RO's for all the hard work they put in. I think this was a great staff and look forward to working with them next year. Great job folks you make this match happen and it is appreciated. :cheers:

The RO's were great to work with and I was able to get some good photos and video of most of the stages. I hope to have a write up complete by the end of this week ( just waiting for some quotes from shooters).

This is one of my favorite matches and I hope to be back next year.

This is long overdue. I spent last weekend at the Double Tap Championship. I shot, as an RO, on Thursday and worked Fri.-Sun. I had a blast. Robert Porter, Ken Cobb, and Steve Menzick (hope I got that right, Steve) did a bang up job. I felt like I was getting off easy, with nothing to do but hold the timer and drink water. The match was, once again, well organized and ran like a fine watch. ... Robert put together some great stages and had it all ready, Ken was always available as the Range Master and Steve was on time and on target as Mr. Fixit. An RO couldn't ask for more. I enjoyed seeing all the shooters that came through, some I only see once a year, yet we greet each other like the best of friends. Thanks to all the rest of the unnamed folks that made this match another memorable one.

I had a great time as well. I will be honest, the ball pit really scared me but other than that, it was pretty awesome. All thanks & hats off to the R.O.s, all of whom were absolutely incredible. Great job guys! Porter, Menzick, & Cobb were also always right handy when they were needed. Also, thanks to the gals picking up score sheets & cooking the burgers & stuff. Thank you all!

Well, my chigger bites are almost healed up. First time that has ever happened to me there. I guarantee if there is one chigger anywhere in the county, it will find me. Fortunately I only got about a dozen or so & none made it past my knees, whew!!! You can bet I will spray up next year, just in case!!!!

Wonder what the Theme is for next year?

MLM

A very big KUDDOS to all the Match and Stage sponsers for their support of this match. Everyone please remember to support the people who support us. Remember them with you purchasing dollars. Thank you all for every thing you do for this sport!!! :cheers:

Thanks to All of you for attending the Match, Glad you had a great time and the Weather was pretty good for June in Texas (finally).

Still working on the Match believe it or not, having them Picking up the Dumpster and the Port-a-Potties, Put stuff away for next year and the Holiday Inn Screwed up the Bill for the Staff rooms and charged my credit card more than $1000.00 to much and I can't seem to get any one to move on this (they changed General Mangers mid stream at the hotel) So this has taken up a Lot of my time last week. (made 5 trips up there) THEY WILL NOT BE THE MATCH HOTEL NEXT YEAR!

We are still trying to get out the Trophies/ certificates for frame and slides, for those that won on Friday or had to leave early on Sunday and a friend did not pick it up, so be please Patient.

Mark Wanted to know what the theme is going to be next year WELL My lovely wife came up it .........DRUM ROLL...............MEN IN BLACK!

just think of all the stuff I can do, WORMS with coffee on every Stage :-)

Edited by scorch

Britinusa WOW! Very Nice article Thank You! Can not wait to see this in Front Sight. Great Photos to go long

I'm glad you like it... The LiveShots thing worked well too, those videos are on the VIDEO page... When we got a good network, the videos were up within 2-3 minutes of the shooter finishing the stage.

• 4 months later...