Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hogue Avenger

jimW

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.getgrip.com/main/whatsnew/avenger.html

No mention of a rimfire version. I got the impression from the Front Sight article that it was a prototype.

Thanks for the link.

Checked it out. Pretty cool but if I have a .45 or 9mm why would I buy a top end of the same.

Does it take the same mags or does it require new ones?

Saw them in a gun magazine some years ago and then ran across them at the SHOT Show two or three years ago. The claim is stellar accuracy and almost no recoil. Sounded good until, the price, just under a $1000. I would like to have one, but not that bad. If the price is in the four to five-hundred range...that is more like it.

Buddy

Could you shoot single stack with that?

No. Absolutely not. "Single stack" is simply a euphemism for John Browning's M1911A1. With that top end it is no longer an M1911A1. The fact that the division's name was officially shortened to just "single stack" was unfortunate.

Shot it this weekend in Mesa. Really nice and different. First, it ejects brass like you cannot imagine. It's brutal on brass. :D It's VERY, VERY fast and accurate. One thing I learned is that, while shooting it feels more like a Glock than a 1911. Really interesting actually.

It'll be available soon. The Hogue's and crew are beating it up to work the last couple of kinks out of it. Delayed blow back system that is mechanical in the delay rather than some magical "timing" in the cycle of the "slide".

Rich

Ok ....

I'll bite!!! Although I hate to spend money (that kind of money) for rather expensive components ... if the design loans itself to hold up to "Major" 9 quirks, then it may be something to ponder upon. Quite a few design principles would make this project a worthy beneficiary of scrutiny for Open Major 9.

Now, if Neal Hogue is listening or reading this ... just send me one of those uppers in 9mm ... and I will be glad to invest the R&D needed to make this dream into a reality. I do love a challenge such as this. B)

• 2 months later...
Ok ....

I'll bite!!! Although I hate to spend money (that kind of money) for rather expensive components ... if the design loans itself to hold up to "Major" 9 quirks, then it may be something to ponder upon. Quite a few design principles would make this project a worthy beneficiary of scrutiny for Open Major 9.

Now, if Neal Hogue is listening or reading this ... just send me one of those uppers in 9mm ... and I will be glad to invest the R&D needed to make this dream into a reality. I do love a challenge such as this. B)

Just went today to the Shot Show in Orlando, fla.

While there, I spoke to Aaron Hogue. He showed me a stack of ready to go Avenger uppers ... They are here and ready to go. Orders are being filled. These are in .45 ACP. The .40SW is next. Now let's see how soon we can get 500 of these out there ... ;)

There's an old timer gun builder in Hawaii that builds a non moving slide fixed barrel gun. He's an old bulls eye shooter and extreme acuracy is the goal. He gets his slides custom made by Caspain. And unlike the Hogue monstrosity his guns look very good. you can also shoot and play with one and actually buy one. He is at the honolulu gunshows, maybe one of our Hawii friends can get us some pics to post.

There's an old timer gun builder in Hawaii that builds a non moving slide fixed barrel gun. He's an old bulls eye shooter and extreme acuracy is the goal. He gets his slides custom made by Caspain. And unlike the Hogue monstrosity his guns look very good. you can also shoot and play with one and actually buy one. He is at the honolulu gunshows, maybe one of our Hawii friends can get us some pics to post.

A google search for "Ed Masaki dragon gun" gives pictures and videos including this blog

• 2 years later...

Need shooting impressions on this Hogue Avenger 45 ACP.Interested in accuracy @ what distance,any functioning issues,ammo(HB or Target) quality of adjustable sights and recoil/muzzle rise-compared to a 1911 45 ACP.Many Thanks Erod