Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Divorce

OpenDot

Went through one 10 years ago. Wifey wanted to take a management position anywhere her company offered one. The success at her job was more important than our marriage or our son. I kept, in order of importance, my son, the house, my retirement, majority of our savings, two of the three cars, all of my guns, shop machines, furniture, etc.. I signed her papers and was not represented by an attorney so after she moved back east and tried to drag me back into court for her share of everything the judge told her it would never happen. She was pissed!:roflol: She remarried a guy who after a year decided he didn't want to work anymore. She divorced him and then found out that he made a living of scamming women and ended up having to write him a $2K check every month for two years to keep him living in the fashion he had become accustomed to. She's working on her fifth marriage.

Sorry for the protracted reply. Keep your head up, don't do anything stupid and things will get better.

Pat

Edited by Pat Miles

Sorry man. Flameout number one was 19 years ago after 14 years of marriage, the second was 9 years ago after 4. All I can tell you is that what felt like some of the worst days of my life were in the end, nothing more than steps on the path that led me to the most amazing, perfect woman in the world and the best 7 and still counting years of my life, period.

Edited by Neomet

Thanks guys. All property has been settled I keep everything that's mine. She wants the house ...I've been beggin to move for 5 years . I file the papers friday and file legal separation at the same time so im protected during this ordeal.

Im fine with it but it still sucks non the less.

It sucks, but it ends. Mine was 20 years ago and life has been good the second time around. Before, during and immediately after it SUCKED. Just keep your head screwed on tight and keep it together for the first year. After that start over with a lot of the knowledge you gained the hard way to help guide you the next time.