Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P Pro 9mm load data

BDB

Looking for suggestions or recipes for 9mm that people have used with success in their M&P Pro. Also any favorite factory ammo that has brought good accuracy would be helpful.

Thanks

Brian

4.2 Grains of VV N320 loaded out to 1.150 with a Montana Gold 124 grain CMJ, power factor 132ish.

think I went with 4.3 and got close to 135 with the same oal and components in my pro.

Thanks for all the replies. Has anyone had any success with factory ammo at all. I realize the benefits to reloading but at this time my sharpening business is busy and my free time is limited and when I do have free time I have been hitting the range. I am registered to shoot the AR15.com / Brownells shoot at Rockcastle in the AM division and I was hoping to find some factory ammo that would be acceptable but that is proving to be a challenge. I was at the range today and had mixed results with factory ammo. Shooting CCI Blaser 115gr at 10 yrds I was consistently getting touching groups. Same ammo at 25 couldn't keep it in a 6" circle. Shot Federal 124gr at 10 yrds with about a 3 inch spread. Federal ammo at 25 yrds was still about a 3 inch spread which I was fairly happy with. I am worried about close range A zone hits with a 3" group at 10 yards. Funny thing is I have to shoot my M&P pro with the Fiber Optic blob on top of the rear sight to get POA/POI at both distances.

I have not shot competitively in over 10 yrs and I am starting back into it. Can a USPSA production gun have adjustable rear sights ?? I was thinking about shooting my single stack Rock Island Arms .45 target but I am not sure it is production legal. Any input would be appreciated

Bri

My standard load for 9mm has been 4.6 gr of WW231 behind a 115 gr jacketed bullet, I've been using that load for about 20 years. Unfortunately bullets have gotten so much more expensive I'm giving up using jacketed bullets for most of my shooting, I'll be switching over to plated bullets like Berrys or Rainier, I've been using them in 40 S&W for the last few years.

• 2 weeks later...

I like a 147gr percision delta with 3.5gr titegroup loaded to 1.165 makes 135 pf. FYI the factory recoil spring is a little heavy for this load. Remington 147gr umc factory ammos not to bad for cheaper ammo but its about 100 fps faster then what Im reloading

3.2 of Clays under a 147 Moly (BBI or Precision), or Berry's (Plated) bullet gets me to PF and seems accurate enough in my M&P9pro. The only problem is its not loud enough - folks THINK it's not making power factor. Since I mostly shoot IDPA, that can be a problem, as there's not always a chrono around at a local match.... So, I switched to 3.7 of clays under 124gr bullets (again BBI, Precision and/or Berry's). Those black bullets are a real pain to clean up after in my M&P though...

3.2 of Clays under a 147 Moly (BBI or Precision), or Berry's (Plated) bullet gets me to PF and seems accurate enough in my M&P9pro. The only problem is its not loud enough - folks THINK it's not making power factor. Since I mostly shoot IDPA, that can be a problem, as there's not always a chrono around at a local match.... So, I switched to 3.7 of clays under 124gr bullets (again BBI, Precision and/or Berry's). Those black bullets are a real pain to clean up after in my M&P though...

Quit condemming yourself to life as a cleaning lady get some BayouBullets, the gun is cleaner after you shoot it. By the way 3.2gr of Clays w/147 is 130 pf out of my Shadow, not very accurate but it kocks down steel very well. Mousefart report. In 124gr get some N320 you will be suprised that it shoots softer than the Clays, little more bite in the wallet but well worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...