Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post a Pic of your CZ's

OpenDot

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did someone say Nickel Boron II?

Been meaning to get some pics up but the weather in So FL has not cooperated. So, I tried some indoor shots.

post-29872-134517197934_thumb.jpg

post-29872-134517200427_thumb.jpg

post-29872-134517201888_thumb.jpg

Also done in TN. Frame, slide, and most internals in CeraPlate II. Barrel, guide rod, hammer, and control parts in matte black CeraHide. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (works' fault this time) but certainly is smooth and glass like. This gun had a great start in life as it came from CZC and was worked over by Stuart. I ordered spares, so I have multiple firing pins CeraPlated and multiple slide stop/extractors done in CeraHide.

Just picked up an used Kadet slide that I will also send off for similar treatment. Overall I am very pleased with the outcome. Took a little time, but the quality of the work was worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkh

nice! it looks pretty close to the armor bronze i've been looking at by cerakote. I've got one of their certs and don't know what to do with it.

Funny you said that. The inspiration for the color scheme was a gun Stuart did in Burnt Bronze Cerakote: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=45310.msg263711#msg263711

With a little of Justaute's thrown in.

Stuart, tell me more about the GK magwell I see on that IDPA gun? I've got a 75BD on the way that I'd like to set up for SSP. :cheers:

frame is cut and magwell welded on and blended. same overall length as original. grips need shortening. Done by a buddy of mine in Colorado Springs.

not sure it would be legal for SSP, good for ESP.

Did someone say Nickel Boron II?

Been meaning to get some pics up but the weather in So FL has not cooperated. So, I tried some indoor shots.

post-29872-134517197934_thumb.jpg

post-29872-134517200427_thumb.jpg

post-29872-134517201888_thumb.jpg

Also done in TN. Frame, slide, and most internals in CeraPlate II. Barrel, guide rod, hammer, and control parts in matte black CeraHide. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (works' fault this time) but certainly is smooth and glass like. This gun had a great start in life as it came from CZC and was worked over by Stuart. I ordered spares, so I have multiple firing pins CeraPlated and multiple slide stop/extractors done in CeraHide.

Just picked up an used Kadet slide that I will also send off for similar treatment. Overall I am very pleased with the outcome. Took a little time, but the quality of the work was worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkh

nice! it looks pretty close to the armor bronze i've been looking at by cerakote. I've got one of their certs and don't know what to do with it.

Funny you said that. The inspiration for the color scheme was a gun Stuart did in Burnt Bronze Cerakote: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=45310.msg263711#msg263711

With a little of Justaute's thrown in.

Yeah, like all of Stu's work, that pistol turned out sweet. I fell head over heals in LOVE the first time I saw that pic. I've been doing everything I can to wear out my factory finish so I can do something like that. :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

humm...where is my mag gauge...;)

That is an 18-round mag tube and it is less than 6 inches in length with the +4 extension. I measured and measured, and measured again. Holds 25 rounds too. Yes, I will be shooting Limited Minor for giggles. :cheers:

Edited by lawboy

you sure that's shorter than 141.5 mm? mine barely fits the gauge using the short pad. are you using the czc long aluminum?

Well, I do not have a gauge,but I put a ruler on it. If I understand correctly, you measure from the bottom of the base pad to the top of the REAR edge of the magazine tube. Doing this, the magazine measures 5-7/8 inches. 141.5mm is something like 6.7 inches, right? Am I doing this incorrectly? :huh:

you sure that's shorter than 141.5 mm? mine barely fits the gauge using the short pad. are you using the czc long aluminum?

Well, I do not have a gauge,but I put a ruler on it. If I understand correctly, you measure from the bottom of the base pad to the top of the REAR edge of the magazine tube. Doing this, the magazine measures 5-7/8 inches. 141.5mm is something like 6.7 inches, right? Am I doing this incorrectly? :huh:

yep, incorrectly. and 18 tube uses the short extension. the long extension is for the 16 round tubes.

yep, incorrectly. and 18 tube uses the short extension. the long extension is for the 16 round tubes.

What is the correct way to measure it? I need to get this right!

?well that explains it. Stupid Internet conversion calculator!

next time try http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm

or just do a google search on "millimeter to inches" and the first thing that pops up is a tool right in the search results.( by the way, this works for any conversion: cups to ounces, tablespoon to teaspoon, etc )

?well that explains it. Stupid Internet conversion calculator!

next time try http://www.onlineconversion.com/length_common.htm

or just do a google search on "millimeter to inches" and the first thing that pops up is a tool right in the search results.( by the way, this works for any conversion: cups to ounces, tablespoon to teaspoon, etc )

I do not have a 16-round magazine but I do have a Meg-Gar 17-round magazine. The tube is shorter than the CZ 18-round magazine. Is my 17-round magazine tube the same length as the CZ 16-round magazine tube? Will the long extension I have fit the 141mm limit if installed on the 17-round magazine?

• 2 weeks later...