Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post a Pic of your CZ's

OpenDot

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have several CZs my self and love them all just got into Dan Wessons order a new havoc cant wait to get it here...but one thing i need help with is the TS mags the bullet keeps nosing down i have the basepad and springs from CZ custom....I put the bend in the spring and everything any help from the CZ world would be nice

If you're running the gun with a recoil buffer, the slide may be short-stroking which will cause the bullets to nose dive.

Just had Stuart turn my TS into a pseudo-CTS

CZC flat trigger and comp hammer. Had the triggerguard and beavertail undercut. Also had the awful grip checkering milled off to reduce the grip size (to be soon covered in skate tape). The frame is cerakoted black, even if the sunset lighting makes it look kind of brown. Elected to stick with a blued slide as it looks good in CZC's CTS pictures.

I opted to leave the dustcover alone as it would have been a hassle to find the appropriate FFL to move the serial. I also prefer the look of a full dustcover. Though someone posted a compromising angular cut that was quite attractive earlier in the thread.

I'm stuck with the silver grips for now. Unless someone can find me a US stocking dealer for http://www.shop-cz.com/grips-for-cz-75-b-cz-85-b-anodized-short-black/d-70758/ and http://www.shop-cz.com/magazine-funnel-anodized-cz-75-ts-black/d-70738/.

This is nice.

New family picture.

93cb382f.jpg

Just got home from the range. Bought the CTS from a friend to go with my 75 Shadow. I have not shot Limited since Limited was one of two classes and my Single Stack .45 was not exactly competitive with the Para .40's that I was up against.

The gun shoots extremely well. I shot about 120 rounds tonight through it. The trigger is actually a bit frightening at first. I can't imagine that a 1911 can be made much better than this CZ.

Now to start reloading .40!

Edited by 59Bassman

New family picture.

93cb382f.jpg

Just got home from the range. Bought the CTS from a friend to go with my 75 Shadow. I have not shot Limited since Limited was one of two classes and my Single Stack .45 was not exactly competitive with the Para .40's that I was up against.

The gun shoots extremely well. I shot about 120 rounds tonight through it. The trigger is actually a bit frightening at first. I can't imagine that a 1911 can be made much better than this CZ.

Love the cts,cant wait to get one of my own.COME TAX RETURN...

New family picture.

93cb382f.jpg

WOW..those are awesome...I am getting so freaking jealous of you guys!

I reached a milestone with my TS today. The slide stop finally got worn enough that it wouldn't lock back the slide on empty.

Thankfully CZ ships 3 spares with the gun.

wXGDb.jpg

Who removed the checkering on your grip? It looks good. What coating is that on the frame?

shane

sure it's not just the mag springs not pushing the follower's slide stop lip hard enough into the underside of the slide stop?

I thought so too, but I dismantled all 5 of my mags and cleaned them really good. Then I tried them one after the other and couldn't get any of them to lock it open, even my fairly new ones. I could probably resolve it with mag springs, but I'm not sure where to dig up extra power springs as CZC is out of stock.

Who removed the checkering on your grip? It looks good. What coating is that on the frame?

shane

Stuart Wong did all the work to that gun. It's not really noticeable, but he also undercut the trigger guard and the beaver tail as well. It feels absolutely amazing. The finish is black Cerakote.

I thought so too, but I dismantled all 5 of my mags and cleaned them really good. Then I tried them one after the other and couldn't get any of them to lock it open, even my fairly new ones. I could probably resolve it with mag springs, but I'm not sure where to dig up extra power springs as CZC is out of stock.

Try Grams. He might have them.

Edited by SDM

With CZC basepads and Grams followers/springs I get 21 reloadable in all my mags.

Where do you get Grams followers for a TS? I've checked his site and all he has is STI/SVI stuff. Surely those don't work, do they?

Or is this just an 'dining off-menu' kind of thing? Since his order forms are all interpreted by a human anyway.

Anyone have feelings for these baseplates http://www.taylorfreelance.com/a_glock_guy_with_a_cz.htm ? They're about $8 cheaper than CZC, plus he has springs that work (CZC is out).

Call Grams. Ask them for the CZ kit for 140mm mags. They're not listed on the website, but they have a slightly different follower design.

In terms of extended basepads, I know the CZCustom basepads/Grams guts work, and some of the mags will do 21. Of my 4, 2 of them appear (I say appear because I have not yet tried it in competition) to hold 21 reloadable with that combo. It's a more expensive option than the Taylor Freelance, but it may get you one or two more rounds per mag.

Yep, you will do fine. It is sort of nice because the checkering gives you a guide so you take the same amount off all the way around.

I have most of the front strap off already,went pretty quick. Getting around the curved lip on the bottom is a pain.

Thanks for the encouragement.

shane