Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$400 vacuum cleaners

McGunner

Well my wife wants a new vacuum. She says,"lets get one of those Dyson canister ones.."I say,"why the heck do we need to spend $400???"..the answer..." the same reason why you have 2 open guns that cost over $7000"...walked right into that one...guess were I'm going tonight..

$400 for a vacuum....ugh

Once you've owned a Dyson, you'll never buy anything else. I love mine.

WIth 4+ long haired dogs in the house, I used to go through a $100 vacuum every year. My Dyson has been working for at least that long, and still picks up the hair/dirt like it was new.

The only down side is that the beater brush clogs with carpet fibers and dog hair. Keep that clean and you'll have no problems.

If you have a kohls near you check them out, they always have dysons on sale or clearance. If your wife shops there regularly they will send here random larger percentage off coupons. You should not have to spend much over 200 if you do it right.

And the above is correct once you have a dyson you will never buy another brand.

Good luck!

Dyson is the best by far, that is of course what my wife tells me all the time, as she is running it while I'm watching her as I'm cleaning one of my 3K blasters - run, don't walk, & pick one up, it will pay for itself many times over, in more ways than one! :P

Be happy that she wanted the $400 Dyson. Mine wanted the $1000 Rainbow :rolleyes: The only good thing is that with the water filter, any primers that are sucked up become deactivated.

it could be worse...your wife could own horses! :rolleyes: (did I say that?) :roflol:

Hay burners suck...... :cheers:

Dysons ROCK! I will admit, I was upset when I heard how much she paid for it, but 3 years later, it's still working like new....

Be happy that she wanted the $400 Dyson. Mine wanted the $1000 Rainbow :rolleyes: The only good thing is that with the water filter, any primers that are sucked up become deactivated.

Hah! Now that is an overpriced bucket compared to the Dyson...Why didn't you make her one? An indoor/outdoor wet/dry vac, with the intake below the water line...Simple as that.....

Thanks for all the kind words, useful info and the funny sayings!! It has made this a little less painful..Although I had my wife read this thread and all she got out of it was "whats a Rainbow vacuum"..hmmm thanks for that one Modoc..lol..But after doing a little research I think I'm getting the DC26 canister, with using my amazon rewards points it will only come out to about $250 with free shipping. Not TOO bad.. If it lives up to all the hype I'll be a happy man...

All in all, its about keeping the wife happy. When shes happy, I'm happy......

Thanks again,

Matt