Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Reloading Supplies

quedude

New to the whole reloading thing and was wondering where the best place to buy reloading supplies in the greater Kansas City area or nation wide?

Thanks

Quedude

Montana Gold for bullets and Powder Valley for everything else.

Good luck.

Jack

dont waste your time buying local, seems they will always be out of what you want and try to stick you with what they have. I gave up long ago, Powder valley for powder and primers, Precision delta or montanna gold for jacketed bullets, Precision, BBI, or Bayou for coated lead, I do like Missouri Bullets for cast lead, are they near you ?

Take the afternoon off and go to Powder Valley in Winfield, KS. Just call ahead and tell them what you want. They are awesome people to deal with and you can't beat their prices.

Powder Valley would be more than an afternoon trip for him, Winfield and KC are quite a ways apart. (Old Kansas boy here.) :D

Grafs & Sons http://www.grafs.com Currenly free haz mat on 2 cases of primers CCI small pistol $114 shipping is always $4.50. Powder is a little higher than some places but add it up with shipping and it starts looking good. Great folks. I buy bullets from Montan Gold (jacketed) or Bayou Bullets (gator snot) http:www.bayoubullets.net . Brass, Gunbroker.

I shoot a lot to I buy big and save, when I open a case of bullets, I order another one.

Grafs & Sons http://www.grafs.com Currenly free haz mat on 2 cases of primers CCI small pistol $114 shipping is always $4.50. Powder is a little higher than some places but add it up with shipping and it starts looking good. Great folks. I buy bullets from Montan Gold (jacketed) or Bayou Bullets (gator snot) http:www.bayoubullets.net . Brass, Gunbroker.

I shoot a lot to I buy big and save, when I open a case of bullets, I order another one.

Wow thats good price on cci's, thanks CocoBolo!

• 3 weeks later...

For a dollar or two more I would support local but I gave up on local shops for reloading components long ago, They are always out of what you want, half of all the load data we have is becasue the shops were out of the powder you wanted so had to settle for something else. The places I have seen charge insane powder and primer prices. I should add, "We can order it for you" to the Phrases I hate thread. Heck I can order it for me, why would I pay you way more money to order something and have it take up to a month longer because your gonna add it to your end of month order to combine with others and save shipping ? just wait till you can afford a bulk order and mail order once and be done with it,

Can't find anything I want locally. Cabelas never has anything in-stock and the prices for powders and primers is more than a little discouraging so I order online. If there's a hazmat fee, talk with fellow shooters, club members, friends to see if they want to do a bulk order and split the hazmat/shipping. Powder Valley is great, at is Grafs, Wideners, Montana Gold, Manny Bragg's site, I also like Precision Delta bullets. Lots of stuff out there, just a matter of doing some searching.

Edited by gohuskers

I always try to support my local dealer with my business, and dont mind paying a LITTLE extra for stuff. But some of our dealers have been charging exorbitant prices on primers like $50/k which is Robbery 1st Degree. Also, they cant get the specific stuff I need so I'm forced to bulk order powder and/or primers on my own. Powder Valley for powder, Grafs for primers to Hawaii. I get bullets from MG, BBI and Zero's from Shooters Connection when they have 'em in stock. As we're in the middle of the ocean things are not quite as easy or cheap as it is for you guys in the CONUS, but still do-able with a little work.