Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TEXAS MULTIGUN 2012

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put in my registration/reservation as soon as I heard it was open. Got the confirmation/waiver signed and mailed the money order a couple of days ago.

If I made it in time, this'll be my 4th TMG, 4th time shooting TacHeavy and I'm looking forward to it like the first one.

We have about 25 entries so far in the World War 2 Division. The prize table for this division will be rich, the division is a tribute per se. I'm shooting it. Quite a few people have expressed interest in the division. Regardless of the numbers however, it will "make" so to speak.

Who of you are shooting the WWII division?

Patrick

Probably yes, but I am going to shoot a couple club matches first. I am a little short on suitable 1911 mags (most of mine are for L10), and I need to plug my shotgun mag tube. And find a good way to carry loaded enblocs. And learn to load shotgun weak handed because the enblocs need to go strongside where my shotgun trays ride on the belt. And replace my 1911 holster because the old one is plum wore out. Nothing insurmountable. :cheers:

General could you please change my entry to reflect WWII division.

Now I am on the hunt for a Garand!

This ought to be cool.

Patrick

NO NO NO!!! Patrick must be kept out of the division so that the rest of us stand a chance....

I have seen that man shoot his M1A.

General could you please change my entry to reflect WWII division.

Now I am on the hunt for a Garand!

This ought to be cool.

Patrick

NO NO NO!!! Patrick must be kept out of the division so that the rest of us stand a chance....

I have seen that man shoot his M1A.

if you are afraid, just put Visine in his coffee. if, you are afraid. :cheers:

This is interesting:

1.9 Grounding Firearms

1.9.1 During the course requirements of a multi-gun stage, a participant may be required to ground a firearm in

order to transition to another. The location and position of the grounded firearm will be specified in the

written stage description. A participant shall transition firearms by safely grounding a firearm using either of

the following acceptable and safe methods:

(a) Loaded, safety engaged.

(B) Unloaded. Note: For purposes of Texas Multigun, unloaded means:

(i) Empty chamber and empty source (tube or magazine); or

(ii) Empty chamber and magazine completely removed.

1.9.2 Unloading any firearm in an unsafe manner or willfully discharging any firearm while not engaging a target,

or for the sole purpose of unloading any firearm, prior to grounding, will result in an event disqualification.

Example: Firing any rounds in any firearm, after all targets have been engaged for that particular firearm,

before grounding.

Specifically - the part in bold. Is this saying that if you engage all shotgun targets, and burn the last round in the berm before dumping the shotgun into a barrel - that is an event DQ?

Edited by Kevin Holman

This is interesting:

1.9 Grounding Firearms

1.9.1 During the course requirements of a multi-gun stage, a participant may be required to ground a firearm in

order to transition to another. The location and position of the grounded firearm will be specified in the

written stage description. A participant shall transition firearms by safely grounding a firearm using either of

the following acceptable and safe methods:

(a) Loaded, safety engaged.

(B) Unloaded. Note: For purposes of Texas Multigun, “unloaded” means:

(i) Empty chamber and empty source (tube or magazine); or

(ii) Empty chamber and magazine completely removed.

1.9.2 Unloading any firearm in an unsafe manner or willfully discharging any firearm while not engaging a target,

or for the sole purpose of unloading any firearm, prior to grounding, will result in an event disqualification.

Example: Firing any rounds in any firearm, after all targets have been engaged for that particular firearm,

before grounding.

Specifically - the part in bold. Is this saying that if you engage all shotgun targets, and burn the last round in the berm before dumping the shotgun into a barrel - that is an event DQ?

That's how I read it. Good to know these little details.