Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2012 South Carolina Section Championship

First off, I want to compliment Palmetto Gun Club (and especially Lee King) on the great job they did hosting the 2011 Section Championship. PGC is a fantastic facility. Lee pulled off an outstanding match under tragic circumstances that no one would ever want to deal with. Thanks Lee! :cheers:

That being said, Mid-Carolina Rifle Club was asked to host the 2012 South Carolina Section Championship. The club approved the match this evening and it will be held on March 30-31, 2012. So, the match is coming back to Columbia. I will be the Match Director once again. :blink: The match will be the same format - 1 day, cash payout. Sorry we can't offer grass and lots of shade trees, but we can guarantee another challenging match and Southern hospitality.

Mark your calendars and stay tuned for more updates.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack, you are a glutton for punishment, but I know you will put on one hell of a match. Sorry I could not make this one, but I'll be penciling you in for next year.

Should I bring my poncho / umbrella(s)? :blink:;)

Yep, some will say I ain't too bright.... :huh: Love the sport, though, so I will do what I can. Hopefully, we will catch the weather right. We'll have cover for shooters. At least it shouldn't be too hot and will not be right up against the Area 6.

I'm in, I'll pay double the entry if you put up big tents over all the stages !!!!

John,

Hopefully the weather gods will cooperate with us next year. You can count on a Zombieland themed stage.

I'm in, I'll pay double the entry if you put up big tents over all the stages !!!!

John,

Hopefully the weather gods will cooperate with us next year. You can count on a Zombieland themed stage.

Count on it? I'm going to make him work it!

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2011 SC State Match Statistician

• 7 months later...

Update on 2012 South carolina Section Championship: The match fee will be $125.00. We are not having a banquest this year so this price will allow us to increase the cash pay-out to winners. Last year, we paid-out $12,000 to winners. The application should be up soon. The awards and cash will be given out at the range (in the juniors building) immediately following the match (and finalizing of the scores) on Saturday. Stay tuned for more info. I look forward to seeing everyone in the new year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

if I counted right you have 13 pcs of steel,,really 13,add one or take one away 13 blah..

You want me to make it really difficult??? How about a usp at at 35yds on a start position? :o:devil:

OK by me-I juess I am just superstitious--or I just don't like the #13--see you in Alabama

Let's not get Jack torqued-up over steel. Last stage of his design I shot had a 25+ yard plate rack around a Bianchi barricade from the start position. Really? Really, Jack?

it's not that, I just don't like the #13

stages look good,it was a joke !!