Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Daylight savings time

Jeeper

I like the light at the end of the day I can use it then.

Not at the office,, in the morning.

I like the light later in the day, I wish they could stick to it.

Now I have no excuse! To not practice shooting after work when I get home.

M ammo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate losing an hour, so to speak. :(

Daylight savings in the Spring is a mixed blessing. On one hand, I like that AZ doesn't change so CA & AZ are together, masking work easier. :)

Now if I could just get the rest of the country on Pacific time, I'd be set :)

Nice not having to change the clock out here.

Hope the rest of the country catches up someday.

Jim M

The not changing your clocks part is great but my office is on the East coast. All of my early morning meeting just got an hour earlier. :angry2:

This daylight saving time crap makes about as much sense to me as a 12 month calender, leap years, English/American measurement units, etc.

Just some BS from somebody who should have followed, rather than led...

This is the wrong forum for a rebuttal, but I could explain why we benefit from a calendar, leap years and a standard of measurement. In fact, DST is an illusion to frustrate the time standard and that's one more reason I object to this particular charade.

Not to be completely negative, even thought this is a hate forum, the solution to the changing of the clocks twice a year in what I believe to be a futile exercise is quite simple. We would do well in my not so humble opinion to adopt UTC as official time. Then we would know what time it is to the best of our ability regardless of our geo/political coordinates.

:cheers:

Not to get too off topic, but I'm fine with a little discussion. Guess I shouldn't have thrown leap years in there, as the year is 365.25 days long, so no matter how you split it, you're still a quarter off. But a 13 month calender (lunar) makes much more sense to me. There may have been reasons for not going metric a long time ago, but not anymore - there is too much to benefit from the SI system to not justify switching...

I'm okay with a 13 month calendar of 28 days each. The first always will be on Sunday; nice and tidy. The leap days this requires shall be known as 'Holidays' and come between the end of one year and the beginning of the next. If it's good enough for Hobbits its good enough for me.

:cheers:

And we should have long ago adopted the metric system.

But we humans have known for thousands of years the earth rotates in 24 hours, give or take 16 minutes of wobble here and there and thus created 24 time zones. Politicians assuming to move them to suit their contributors flies in the face of my inner Zen quest for reality. Diogenes must be spinning in his grave.

However, since it gives Eric more time with Zuzu I guess I shall have to accept that 'time is out of joint.... '

• 11 months later...

I hate having to reset all my clocks. Now that may seem minor for some people but for me it is a pain in the a$$.

Living room TV

Living room VCR/DVD

Living room alarm clock

Answering Machine

Coffee pot

Microwave

Blood pressure monitor

Computer room alarm clock

Programmable thermostat

Bathroom clock radio

Bedroom TV

Bedroom VCR

Bedroom clock radio

Bedroom alarm clock

Watch

Exercise watch

Clock in truck

All for what, I get up at 6AM, do my 2 mile walk, check in on this forum and a couple of others, do what I want the rest of the day. Set the VCR's for prime time shows (I hate the 20 minutes worth of commercials), go to the fitness center for my evening exercise/strength training/steam room/sauna/hot tub combination, watch some of the shows I have previously recorded, have a drink and go to bed.

I knew this thread was coming,

I think it is the dumbest most ignorant thing ever invented leave the clocks alone !!!!

I bought a battery operated Atomic clock which does it automatically

All the other clocks you mention tend to flash 12:00...12:00...12:01...12:02

my power supply is so crappy my electric clocks only tell me how many hours have passed since the last power outage.

It's an antiquated practice and has been for ages!!! All it does is assault everone's sleep cycle and cause ME fits of one-less-hour-to-get-things-done-on-that-Sunday-that-we-do-this-ritual. It ruins my weekend nearly every year.

And for some perverse reason, it's always the spring-forward weekend that seems over-full of "to do" stuff. But come the fall-back weekend, I seem to have nothing much to do. Frak. What's with that??!! :angry2: I can't stand it.

Gives me an extra hour after work to practice, I like it

Oops, forgot the rules. What I REALLY meant to say is now I don't have an excuse to not be practicing. :angry2: This sucks.

Edited by WDB