Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

VV N330 vs. VV N320 for 9mm

TKHover

Here in Finland we think VihtaVuori N330 is a "happy medium" in 9 mm. You can load 125 bullet to about 850 fps - 1100 fps velocity with it.

I think N330 have better ignition than N320. If you shoot 9 mm in dark you can see bright sparks from barrel with N320.  With N330 there are only small dark orange flash.

Both are good powders.  With 135gr Blue Bullets, N330 was slightly more accurate.  N320 seems to burn pretty clean by the time I hit 130PF or so, but N330 was pretty dirty up until I hit 140PF.  Because of this, the load I would settle on for N320 has slightly less recoil than the load I would settle on for N330.  Neither powder should hold you back.

Both are good powders.  With 135gr Blue Bullets, N330 was slightly more accurate.  N320 seems to burn pretty clean by the time I hit 130PF or so, but N330 was pretty dirty up until I hit 140PF.  Because of this, the load I would settle on for N320 has slightly less recoil than the load I would settle on for N330.  Neither powder should hold you back.

Do you realize your answering a question that was asked 15 years ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you realize that the topic is still relevant - and you added nothing useful to it?

It was a simple question. I realize some people like to up their post counts by reviving old threads. I agree it might still be relevant, but in that case it might be best to start a new conversation.

6 hours ago, James Abram said:

It was a simple question. I realize some people like to up their post counts by reviving old threads. I agree it might still be relevant, but in that case it might be best to start a new conversation.

Looks like you’re the one trying to increase to post count 😝 

16 hours ago, James Abram said:

Do you realize your answering a question that was asked 15 years ago?

I actually did not notice that.  It was at the top of the forum indicating it had recent discussion so I responded with my observations.  With enough posts to use the classified section, I'm entirely unsure of what benefit it is that I may be able to achieve by trying to artificially increase my post count further.  With 17 posts, I find it ironic that you would be the one accusing me of such, to be completely honest.  When I see a discussion I can add to from experience, I try to add some relevant information that might be helpful to others.  It's up to others if they wish to utilize that information, doesn't affect me either way...

Edited by fbzero

Biggest drawback of N330 IMHO is that it is not available in big 2 kg containers, making it significantly more expensive than N320 and N340. Even though I agree it is the superior burn rate for 9mm minor, I run either N320 and N340 for economic reasons. 

9 hours ago, mrd said:

Biggest drawback of N330 IMHO is that it is not available in big 2 kg containers, making it significantly more expensive than N320 and N340. Even though I agree it is the superior burn rate for 9mm minor, I run either N320 and N340 for economic reasons. 

Not so.  Brownells for one offers the 4# containers of N330.

https://www.brownells.com/reloading/powder/rifle-powder/n330-smokeless-powder-1-lb-sku749018466-122995-225068.aspx

Same price as N320 and N340.

26 minutes ago, mrd said:

Cool. Not so in Sweden, unfortunately. Only 0,5 kg of N330 here. My bad, I thought it was global.

Probably due to transportation issues..  you know -Sweden and Finland being so far apart and all. 🙃

Edited by MikeyScuba

• 5 months later...