Flexmoney

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Raul,

I was giving Tom some time to respond...but, since you feel the need to sound off...

I had fully expected to get one of the magwells in time to test-drive it, and then possibly use it in the PSA Shootout. That was in April.

From "your understanding", I got the magwell in June? That sounds about right. In June, I was working hot and heavy helping out with THE Buckeye Blast/Ohio Section Match.

Sometime after geting the magwell I ran into Tom at a Match (it may have been the Buckeye Blast, I don't recall). He mentioned, in passing, that the magwell might have fit problems. He suggested that a possible fix was to run the Glock frame over some sand-paper to remove some material.

I didn't really like the sound of that. Instead of a "drop-in" part, it sounded like it was going to require fitting...and the fitting was to be done to the Glock frame. I didn't want to deface a Glock frame (that I might want to use for Production someday) to test a proto-type magwell.

Sometime between then and now, I did a quick trial fit/test...nothing in depth. Sure enough...my mags wouldn't lock in the gun.

I sent Tom a message/email, but didn't get a response. I do think he tried to call me as some point, as I (eventualy) found his number on my calledID log...but he left no message on my machine.

I took the magwell out to the range another time. I wan't able to get it to work on my gun, nor another...and not with my mags, nor others.

So, at this point, that is the extent of my report. The magwell that I have doesn't work. It doesn't allow my mags to click in.

If Tom has fixed this, great...I just can't report that he has because I don't have a product that shows those fixes.

Kyle,

You know I experienced the same problems that you mentioned with the first prototype I received from Tom back in August and it's interesting that as soon as I experienced the problems I reported it to Tom.

At first he was hesitant to change the design but after he received detailed feedback from other testers he changed the design to accommodate the Arredondo and Taylor Freelance magazine extensions.

Maybe if you had had the time to test the first design, the second design would have come out sooner since it’s my understanding that you are a well respected Glock competitor in your area and Tom does value your opinion. But I guess those are the breaks.

As I shoot with Tom and he has been busy of late, I'll pop in to comment.

Initial design had some issues, some corrected by Tom, others by testers such as Team Glock, who pointed out a minor mod with the 9mm magazines. All have since been addressed.

As to any frame mods, well, not all glocks are made equal, and tolerances vary. Some frames need to have the bottom passed over some sandpaper slightly to remove just a hair of polymer that prevents the magwell - and the mags, from seating that last little bit.

I've seen some come in to Tom where the magwell fits perfect first time, no mods. Others need a pass or two and then work fine. There is not, in this world unfortunately, a "one size fits all" that truly fits all due to manufacturing tolerances.

Tom values and respects the opinions of all the folks who help evaluate and test his products, and does understand that they are busy and have other things going on in their lives. That's why he has several beta testers. As we all know, what works fine when we sit at home and try it does not always work that way in a match!

Rack&Roll,

All of the Arredondo base pads and extensions (+5, +3, 0) will work with The Accessories Brass magazine well as long as you are using FML, Scherer or 10 round tubes. As far as Taylor Freelance is concerned they also work just be aware that they are tube specific since they make one version for NFML and another version for FML and Scherer tubes. Hope that helps.

http://www.arredondoaccessories.com/A_mag.cfm?#glock

http://www.taylorfreelance.com/products/floorplates.htm

Rack&Roll,

Unfortunately I can’t provide an answer there since I have never owned nor used a black Aluminum "The Accessories" magazine well. I currently have 3 brass ones of which one is already out to pasture and I'm expecting the other two to follow that one very shortly.

Raul,

Thanks again for the reply. I talked with Matt today at CGR, and he said they were the same. He recommended the brass, which is what I ordered, along with 2 Arredondo +5 (.40) basepads. Hope they work! Thanks again.

Larry

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a update on our magwells,Our 2nd design magwell will work with the dawson,grams,arredondo,taylor base pads using the glock FML mags (9&40) or the schere tubes. The first design magwells will work with the taylor base pads using FML glock mags,schere tubes,base pads other than these will requier fitting of the magwell to the frame.NFML 9mm mags will not work with any base pad setup with out fitting,we have not had a chance to test with NFML 40 mags yet.The new 2nd design magwells have metal connecting plugs (S/S have brass connector/Alum have alum connectors)The S/S magwells weight 6.5oz and the alum weight 2.3oz with the new plugs. We have quite a few Alum 1st design magwells in stock and we are having a close out sale on them if interested. We also will have a 21 magwell and IDPA magwell comming out soon.

• 3 months later...

Been a few months - Any updates on these magwells? I couldn't find them on the NHO website, and found some listed as out-of-stock for $169 at :

http://www2.iwebcenters.com/viewbasket.ivn...agwell+6%2E6+oz

I thought the price was reduced? Anyone have them in stock, or is the THE brass well still the way to go?

Should I just call Novak? :P

Are the new ones working better now?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
bob carver (B&B), the guy that does the Carver Mounts and modified holsters, has them listed on his websight, though they were kinda pricey.

i think he Had them on his website, both are temp out of stock...been that way for a little while now :(

the bad thing about the brass magwell is that it gets dinged up so easy. :angry:

if THE made a stainless one it would be great :wub:

I called about the Novak stainless magwells about a week and a half ago. Tom said they would be availible the second half of April. He changed machine shops, he had some issues with the old shop. I'm starting out with a THE brass mag well until I can try out the Novak magwell.