Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alternatives to TECH-Wear Shirts?

sasquatch981

I have been tasked with getting some numbers for RO Shirts at a local match. I was going to give Techwear a call, but in doing my due diligence who are the alternatives to Tech-wear. Is there anybody else besides Revi, and Gemini? Or are have those (3) guys got corner on the market?

It's a small match, and we are trying to avoid $100 per shirt, with (4) pieces of artwork, and names.

Thanks

Shirts like this are a bit of a niche market, so you wont find a lot of choices in companies making/marketing them. The three you mentioned are the only ones I know of, and of them the Tech-wear are my first choice. They are the best quality and made by the finest people. And the price really is not that bad for the comfort and longevity you get from them. I have several cotton T-shirts that have been relieved of duty and are now paint rags, yet the Tech-wear shirts with the same wash and wear cycles still look perfect.

I am a big fan of Techwear as well, so they would get my vote.

I am unaware of any manufacturers other than the ones you listed, assuming you want the same type of material/performance for the shirts you are having made. That being said I don't believe you will see much price difference due to much of the cost being involved in the custom artwork and low volume.

I love my Techwear shirts. There is nothing better, and they really do help support the sport so very much.

If it's just a local match, and you just need shirts to designate the RO's then check out Techwears line of stock shirts. They have some basic designs, such as an RO shirt without much color or graphics, that would get the job done for a little less than a custom shirt.

We did SO shirts for the New England IDPA Regional: Underarmor shirts with custom printing (logo and some text on the back, text only on the front, no names). I want to say it was about $30/shirt. I can ask who the vendor was if you're interested. They're not as nice as techwear, and not personalized, but significantly cheaper.

http://www.uberprints.com

Can make any design you want on any type of shirt, way less than Techware, Seriousy do the RO's really need a shirt that will outlast them ? They are gonna wear it for a few matches and thats probably it. I mean walking around with a shirt with a 10 year old date on it feels kinda weird to me. If it has a year on it I'm not gonna wear it longer than a year anyways.

We did SO shirts for the New England IDPA Regional: Underarmor shirts with custom printing (logo and some text on the back, text only on the front, no names). I want to say it was about $30/shirt. I can ask who the vendor was if you're interested. They're not as nice as techwear, and not personalized, but significantly cheaper.

That is a really good price. A regular plain under armor polo costs more than that. The underarmour t-shirt I'm wearing right now was like $25.

http://www.uberprints.com

Can make any design you want on any type of shirt, way less than Techware, Seriousy do the RO's really need a shirt that will outlast them ? They are gonna wear it for a few matches and thats probably it. I mean walking around with a shirt with a 10 year old date on it feels kinda weird to me. If it has a year on it I'm not gonna wear it longer than a year anyways.

Note that Underarmour now has high performance cotton (i.e. wicks like UA, feels like cotton) shirts, too. I'm hoping Techwear, Gemini, or some of the other printers will start using them.

BB

I mean walking around with a shirt with a 10 year old date on it feels kinda weird to me. If it has a year on it I'm not gonna wear it longer than a year anyways.

I like dated shirts/hats, etc. The older they get the more karma they have.

BB

Note that Underarmour now has high performance cotton (i.e. wicks like UA, feels like cotton) shirts, too. I'm hoping Techwear, Gemini, or some of the other printers will start using them.

BB

My understanding is the proces that Techwear, Gemini/Revi use to create the designs is not printing. It is a dye sublimation process hence it's expense and durability. That is why you can't pick any other performance fabric shirt (UA, Nike, Reebok) and have them "print" on it.

+1 on the old shirts

Edited by smokshwn

Try this company... www.tshirtspot.com. It's based in Tullahoma,TN but they do business worldwide. I'm ordering staff and competitor shirts from them. They have the type of polo shirt that is 100% polyester, quick dry, anti-microbial, anti-static, anti-odor and UPF 50 that I'm getting for our RO's at this year's TN Sectionals which quoted me less than $30 for 2 logos on front (3 colors) and match title with big logo on the back (3 colors). Dundee

Try this company... www.tshirtspot.com. It's based in Tullahoma,TN but they do business worldwide. I'm ordering staff and competitor shirts from them. They have the type of polo shirt that is 100% polyester, quick dry, anti-microbial, anti-static, anti-odor and UPF 50 that I'm getting for our RO's at this year's TN Sectionals which quoted me less than $30 for 2 logos on front (3 colors) and match title with big logo on the back (3 colors). Dundee

Is there a guy there named Casey Jones?