Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Illinois Sectional - 2011

mhop wrote:

...nationals would better served in PASA then vegas

ahem...cough*cough *

I know of range near Sparta, IL... some place called World Recreation and Shooting Complex...something like that...

:devil:

Yeah, I think regular LPRO/L-10 Nat's were held at PASA at least once...probably a couple of times actually.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everybody who helped put together and run this match. It was a great time, and a typical high quality shooting experience at PASA!

Mike, did you get your car lights turned off? I drove the entire range looking for you but you were no where to be found.

Darren

Congrats Darren! Nice shooting.

Thanks, I appreciate it! Thanks to all of Ray's no-shoots it wasn't a clean match for me. But I was able to pull through somehow.

As usual it was great seeing everyone. Thanks to Ray, Eric, Diane, Tony, Brian, and everyone else that put this match together at the last moment.

D

[edited to include Eric in the Thanks!]

Edited by ExtremeShot

Thanks to everybody who helped put together and run this match. It was a great time, and a typical high quality shooting experience at PASA!

Mike, did you get your car lights turned off? I drove the entire range looking for you but you were no where to be found.

Darren

Yes, Tony H. came and got my keys and took care of it for me. Thanks for looking out for me, guys!

mhop wrote:

...nationals would better served in PASA then vegas

ahem...cough*cough *

I know of range near Sparta, IL... some place called World Recreation and Shooting Complex...something like that...

:devil:

Yeah, I think regular LPRO/L-10 Nat's were held at PASA at least once...probably a couple of times actually.

Sparta does not have enough props or staff or bays to hold a nationals

The PASA Crew makes the planning and execution of these matches look "automatic", but we all know there is a lot of work involved.

As I have said before, I'm proud to call PASA my Home Range and have for 24 years.

My personal THANK YOU... to everyone involved.

Marty

A-7424

Edited by martyg00

This was one hell of a match! Several ways to shoot each stage! Picking the best and fastest way for your skill level was key! These are the types of stages that need to be at the Nationals! Thanks to the PASA crew for all the effort to put on such great matches!

These are the types of stages that need to be at the Nationals!

Well, the Nationals used to have stages like this......back when it was held at PASA!

For some reason the Desert Sportsman's crew seems to like to contain the movement and curtail the freestyle a little too much for my taste.

These are the types of stages that need to be at the Nationals!

Well, the Nationals used to have stages like this......back when it was held at PASA!

For some reason the Desert Sportsman's crew seems to like to contain the movement and curtail the freestyle a little too much for my taste.

In fact, when I watched that video BKeeler posted I was struck by the similarity to the 2004 Nats (the last "All-in-one; run whatcha brung" Nationals).

What I like best is that Ray and the Crew seem to understand stage "balance". Not every stage has to be a 32 round field course with 5 Texas Stars and a bunch of whiz bangs. Nice mix of field courses with multiple choices and some speedy little ones that get the blood racing. Just great stage design.

Oh and I almost forgot..... The pulled pork sandwiches were great!

Edited by martyg00

Yes the IL sectional match was great. Ray and Eric and their crew did a great job with the match. Thanks guys. I was Mr Fixit.....and felt like the maytag repair man.

Congrats to the winners. A big congrats to Darren on the open win. Stage 5 did me in.

Mike, you're welcome.

Yes I miss having Nationals at PASA. It is the MD and his setup crew that can make or break a match. PASA has all the props and target equipment needed (and local setup crew) to put on some of the best matches.

I think we all know what it will take to get the Handgun Nationals back to being the premier match it used to be. But that would venture into the political No No land. I better stop right here.

Thank you everyone for a great match. The Stages were awsome to say the least.

I only wish that we could have Ray oversee and pick the setup crew to put stages like this for Nationals ... from design to ground. Nationals deserve the best stages. I just hope at least some of the Stages at Nationals next year can be of this quality. It realy would make the next champion do some thinking outside the box. USPSA Champion should be challenged in this way to say he or she is the best.

The Nationals deserve stages that are so imaginative it is just simply not only amazing but inspiring to us stage designer wannabe's to see the different combinations and variety of ways to shoot them.

Don't get me wrong the National stages were good this year but linear and limited. Nothing requiring this degree of imagination.

Ray and his crew have ways of truly making your mind frey at the variety of ways to shoot. Only one way will be the fastest for a particular shooters strengths. It's not only fun to shoot but it is just darn fun to watch.

Nationals need a series of high quality stages like this. The best deserve the best and it would take a great shooter with a lot of imagination to find the best way through it's tangled web of combinations.

Edited by shoot