Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

O the grip!

sdm74

Got my m&p about a month ago. I am still struggling with choosing a backstrap. I have shot the medium, large and now I am liking the small. I can find good points on all of them. I think sometimes id be better off with no choice. Lol

I was trying a few with the large and small. With large I have no choice but to have pad of finger on trigger because of size which is good and I like the side swell for support hand. But with small I can get fat part of support hand higher on the grip and also with small I am quicker on mag changes. I was also able to decrease draw time with small.

Then again, you can take the large and shave it down. I wanted the large for the filler at the web of my hand but didn't like the width. I shaved it down to feel like a small (width) and shaped the back as flat as the medium.

Then again, you can take the large and shave it down. I wanted the large for the filler at the web of my hand but didn't like the width. I shaved it down to feel like a small (width) and shaped the back as flat as the medium.

Thought of that but didn't think that would be legal for production

Is this your opinion or has the BOD ruled on this (modifying the removable back straps on an M&P for production). I’m afraid to ask John seeing how I’m about to lose the paint on my mag opening argument.

Thanks, Ryan

Is this your opinion or has the BOD ruled on this (modifying the removable back straps on an M&P for production). I’m afraid to ask John seeing how I’m about to lose the paint on my mag opening argument.

Thanks, Ryan

My opinion.

Hey. Go for it and ask John. 0 fer is a badge of honor. :devil:

I have fairly large hands. Certainly have long skinny fingers.

I should be using the large backstrap. I rock the small one.

Why? Reloads and draws. Reloads and draws. Dryfire with the small 'strap for a couple of days (do a lots of reloads) then go back to your medium/large one and try again. I bet you'll keep the small.

Small is too small for me. You can stipple the removable back strap. That is changing it beyond factory specs.

Here is an interesting thought. Which back strap is used for the scale? The large is obviously heavier as it has more mass. So.... run the small and "put" that weight up front.

I found it rediculous that you can't stipple under the trigger guard. I don't understand that one at all. You can stipple the WHOLE grip, but don't carry it under the trigger guard. Weird. I personally don't like the trigger guard rough at all so it doesn't matter for me...I'm just sayin'.

I have large hands and I've been going back and forth between medium and large (until recently). The Small feels nice but it allows no contact between my left hand the the gun, as my right hand completely surrounds the gun, which I find detrimental to recoil control.

For a while I used the large as it placed my finger in the right spot on the trigger, or so I thought. Then I stippled the large insert and then I DQ'ed twice in one months. Why? Because apparently when I reload with the large grip I shift the gun in my hand enough so I can reach the mag button, which with the factory patter is no big deal as it slides around (although I guess I have to rebuild my grip after every reload, so not so good anyway), However doing the same move with a stippled grip is harder (friction can be a bitch some days), and my trigger finger was tensed and brushing the side of the trigger. I've let 2 rounds go when I didn't mean to that way during reloads (in a safe direction).

So .. I've gone to a stippled medium grip, that doesn't happen anymore, and I don't have to rebuild my grip for every reload.

I noticed when useing the LG backstrap that I have to reach with my thumb to hit the mag relese.Which slows me down a bit,and it sucks.Cuse I like it best.I found this out while I was dry fire practicing.Glad I dident take it to the range.