Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Chamber empty, mag inserted start

Just can't seem to wordsmith this correctly...

--------

START POSITION: Standing with heels on marks, handgun lying unsupported on table with muzzle perpendicular to backstop,

chamber empty. For autos - loaded magazine inserted, slide forward, hammer down. For revolvers - loaded & closed cylinder, hammer down.

--------

My question is about the revolvers.

I'm guessing that to be the same for all competitors the chamber must be empty for everyone,

so revolver shooters will have to remove a round to ensure that the chamber is empty?

Just can't seem to wordsmith this correctly...

--------

START POSITION: Standing with heels on marks, handgun lying unsupported on table with muzzle perpendicular to backstop,

chamber empty. For autos - loaded magazine inserted, slide forward, hammer down. For revolvers - loaded & closed cylinder, hammer down.

--------

My question is about the revolvers.

I'm guessing that to be the same for all competitors the chamber must be empty for everyone,

so revolver shooters will have to remove a round to ensure that the chamber is empty?

Move "Chamber empty" to the other side of "For Autos," as in "hammer down on an empty chamber." That would seem to solve your problem....

• 1 year later...

I believe the start position (hangun ready condition) is covered in 8.1.3. Therefore, the cylinder must be closed. Here is what I would write.

Start Position: Heels on marks, facing down range.

Handgun Ready Condition: Loaded, chamber empty. On table, unsupported, with muzzle pointed at the back stop.

Procedure: At the start the shooter will retrieve the gun from the table, and......bla, bla, bla

If it's covered in the rule book, often times it's better to leave it out of the stage description. The less wordy, the better.

Edit: Since 2011 I guess you've figured it out!

Edited by grapemiester

I wish you can just use IPSC term 'Condition 2'. But not many of us are familiar with it...

theres no such term in ipsc. if ever its used loosely in the range, its not officially acknowledged as a rule.

Edited by BoyGlock