Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

magwell for sig-sauger x-five

edu jimenez

Thanks Staudacher. I'm sorry to keep asking for this, but I like your part *SO* much I'd like to see it available for non X5s.

It looks like you'd need to weld on the frame, and then machine it afterwards. Probably not impossible, but not ideal certainly.

I hope Sig decides to put these rails on everything. What do you think Sig has two different designs in this area? Why not consolidate to a single design?

Do you know if non-X5 stainless guns (like the USPSA Dual-Tone, or the P226 Stainless / P226ST) have this rail, or are they like the alloy guns? This might be one more reason to push me to get an ST or a USPSA P226.

-Scott

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Staudacher. I'm sorry to keep asking for this, but I like your part *SO* much I'd like to see it available for non X5s.

It looks like you'd need to weld on the frame, and then machine it afterwards. Probably not impossible, but not ideal certainly.

I hope Sig decides to put these rails on everything. What do you think Sig has two different designs in this area? Why not consolidate to a single design?

Do you know if non-X5 stainless guns (like the USPSA Dual-Tone, or the P226 Stainless / P226ST) have this rail, or are they like the alloy guns? This might be one more reason to push me to get an ST or a USPSA P226.

-Scott

I have not seen a ST with a rail.

• 4 months later...

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing one for my newly acquired P226 X5- Allaround (stainless).

Thanks for getting back to me with price and how to pay.

Cheers...

Eli

Same here. I'll buy one finally, now that it looks like I can get my extractor fixed.

Thanks,

Joe

Hello,

I am interested in purchasing one for my newly acquired P226 X5- Allaround (stainless).

Thanks for getting back to me with price and how to pay.

Cheers...

Eli

Same here. I'll buy one finally, now that it looks like I can get my extractor fixed.

Thanks,

Joe

Just look me up when you need one.

-Scott

I have not seen a ST with a rail.

My P22x ST (stainless elites) do not have the groove for the magwell.

• 1 year later...

Ive been looking for one for 2 yaers with no luck. You'd think Sig would make some cool stuff for the X-5 but they don't

They make it, they just don't import it to the US. I was told by Sig USA maybe in 6 months or so. Some very cool stuff for sure.

Do you have an ETA and cost for the new generation X-Series?

I redesigned the magwell for a direct fit on the new X-Line guns but at this point I have no intention of making any aluminium parts. They just cost too much to make in small quantities.

The new X-Line guns use a mainspring base that includes the mounting boss for the magwell. This plus shortened moutning rails on the magwell allow the magwell to be swapped on and off without removing the grips. The mainspring base can be swapped for the "old" style and the old style magwell can then be used on the new X-Line guns.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got mine, competition version in black:

18911071394_ac3a0b6bb0_b.jpg

Beautiful design and executed with perfection. Have some Roger Sherman base pads and MecGar 18 rounders incoming.

I like options and variety and this will go into rotation with a G34 and CZC Accu Shadow for those magwell and 140mm long magazine friendly games!

Thank Dan!