Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35

JayJayJay

I have been shooting handguns for over 15 years. I have been in only a handful of matches and have only competed in the pruduction divsion with a SIG 229 (.357). Being that I was at a disadvantage with the .357 round (lots of recoil) I decided to purchase a Glock 35 and compete in limited.

I am still building the Glock and was wanting some feed back. Yes I would of loved to just buy a 2011 LIMCAT but I thought I better just get my feet wet before I swim with the big dogs. So far I have purchased the following:

1) New Glock 35 with 5 15 round magazines. ($590.25)

2) Talon Grips (skate tape) ($9.99)

3) Dawson 2.9 oz. Magwell ($80)

4) Arredondo Mag Extensions x5 ($189.75)

5) Stainless steel guide rod ($29.95)

6) Fulcrum drop in complete Trigger Kit ($184.95)

7) Double-Alpha Competiton Belt ($54.95)

8) 5 DAA Competition Mag Pouches ($184.75)

I still have not purchased any new sights or a holster and as you can see I am running out of cash and my wife is getting mad. I may just try the factory sights but not sure yet. I am still not sure if I want to pay $200 bucks for a Double-Alpha holster or go with a cheap one? What else should I get to compete in the Limited division? I have some money still left over.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use my Comp-Tac holster in all divisions (Limited, Lim 10, Production - Same holster fits my 34, 24, 17 and 22)(actually, I use the same belt / holster / mag pouches)

I do not feel at a disadvantage to the race holsters, and I do not have any fear of the gun falling out. It gives me the same presentation in each division...

Best of all, it is economical - $70. This leaves money for the dawson or the sivigny sights.. :cheers:

I run a Blade Tech DOH across the board. Works fine and I don't think the race holsters get you anything worth all the extra ammo you have to forgo. But sights, yep you need those.

+1 on sights and a DOH. With that holster you have the same draw for Lim, Lim 10, Production, and do an extent(without the doh) SS if you go the SS route later on. Shoot 3 gun with mine als and like the holster protectecting the gun more when moving aroud.

Sights are usually the first thing I change on a gun. Try the factory sights, if they work great, but you won't see a whole lot of factory sights on competition guns, there are better things out there. I personally prefer a FO front and all black back. Everyone will tell you something different so get what is right for you.

I also run a Bladetech DOH and am really pleased with it. You can take the holster off the DOH, and switch holsters so you get the same draw if you change guns.

One good thing is that with the DAA belt and pouches, you are set for whatever division. If you change guns, you don't need to buy a new belt or pouches, just change those around to fit the new gear.

If you want to show your wife you're saving money, show her the price of a 2011 LIMCAT :surprise:

Thanks all. I will get sights but am still wondering if I should pay for the tool to install them myself or have a gun smith do it for me. I like to do the work all myself if you know what I mean.

I was in the same boat as you - new G35, gear and reloader. And as always, I've spent more than expected.

The sight installation is not difficult. There is a video by Dawson Precision on Youtube that I watched before I installed my after market sights and the installation went fairly easy. All you need is a copper punch and a 3/16" hex wrench.

I forgot about the file - you'll need a file to fit the rear sights.

Edited by Bosconian91

Fulcrum Trigger

What do you guys think about the complete Fulcrum Trigger kit? I ordered one for a Glock 35. Did I waist the money or will it work great. Also if I do not turn any of the screws what poundage will the new trigger fire at. The kit says I can set it at 2 lbs to 4 lbs. Pre travel / set , I have no idea what any of this means.

The fulcrum trigger works well and feels great. The trigger pull weight adjustments are made by changing striker and trigger springs. The fulcrum bar has 2 set screws for adjusting pretravel and overtravel. I like having the overtravel screw at the trigger bar because it doesn't put a sideload on the cruciform like the other overtravel adjustment methods (except for the jentra).

They work fine as do the Vanek and GlockTriggers. Is this a limited, lim 10, open gun? The fulcrum and some of the other ones are not production legal

Limited and maybe Limited 10

Edited by JayJayJay

Thanks all. I will get sights but am still wondering if I should pay for the tool to install them myself or have a gun smith do it for me. I like to do the work all myself if you know what I mean.

I was in the same boat as you - new G35, gear and reloader. And as always, I've spent more than expected.

The sight installation is not difficult. There is a video by Dawson Precision on Youtube that I watched before I installed my after market sights and the installation went fairly easy. All you need is a copper punch and a 3/16" hex wrench.

I forgot about the file - you'll need a file to fit the rear sights.

Dawson precision has a nice video on You tube on how a novice can install their sights. I am a novice with very little experience. It was easy.

Edited by RobAckerman

Sell about half that stuff and buy good sights (Warren/Sevigny, Heinie, Dawson) and ammo or reloading components.

You need a good stiff belt... [edit: looking again, I see you have a good belt]

A $15 Uncle Mikes holster is fine.

I would put sights high on the list also, weakest part of a Glock. Went with plain Sevigny on my 34. Nice clear sight picture. Watch the Dawson Video should get you through the installation. Take your time and try not to mark up the slide or the sight.

Put the slide in a vice using and old leather belt to protect the finish. Made a front sight tool by cutting the tip off a 5/16-1/4 socket and gluing the tip to an allen wrench to tighten the small bolt that holds the front sight.

The $15 dollar Uncle Mikes holster will get you through a lot of matches, spend the extra money on Ammo.

Need to check out the 25cent trigger job, worked very well on my 17 and 34 and good instruction on taking the pistol all the way down, time well spent for a new Glock shooter that likes to tinker with his shooter.

Thanks guys. I am lazy this week and have decided to send my Glock 35 to The Glock Store for them to install the parts that I ordered. I also am putting in a new striker, a new extended mag release and a set of fiber optic sights.

I have no idea how to reload and am no expert in any of this. So I plan on buying rounds off the internet and just going that route. I am just doing this for fun and look forward to the Limited division. I did spend more than I wanted but the Glock will run great (I hope) after spending more than $900 bucks on aftermarket parts and equipment. All together I have about $1,500 invested into this and I haven't even fired the weapon.

What do you guys think about me getting a new finish on the slide? Chrome, Polishing, etc.?

What is the benefit of placing a new striker (firing pin) in a Glock 35? I am looking at a steel one that is lighter than the factory striker and maybe even a titanium striker. The question is will the $75-100 dollars on a new striker really make any difference at all.

Edited by JayJayJay

With changing the striker, esp. the lighter ones, you can use a lighter striker spring which will reduce felt trigger pull. Some of the strikers are also a bit extended to get a better "impact" on the primer.

I haven't had any problems with the Glock factory strikers. In fact you would probably be hardpressed to find people who have.

You can run the reduced power striker spring with the glock factory, but might have a problem with harder primers (i.e. CCI).

To reduce felt trigger pull, there are cheaper alternatives. the "25cent trigger job," changing the plunger/spring, extra power trigger spring, etc. will all help smooth out and reduce (produce a felt reduction) in the trigger pull.