Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sevigny Comp or Dawson Adj

dskinsler83

I'm also on Dawson front, Warren/Sevigny rear camp. The Dawson front is a touch longer, so it gets in more light and is a bit brighter. It also has a set back little hole for the rear (viewing) edge of the fiber to slide into.

I use the Dawson Adj on both of my cometition Glocks. I think, like most people have already said, it's personal preference. Both companies make a good product. The front sight on the Dawson is a little tall. though. They fit fine in my Blade-Tech's, but if you compete in any LE Only matches, they will drag in a Blackhawk Serpa.

I have seen them work with a Serpa They are tall and I love them.

• 2 weeks later...

I like my Warren/Sevigny sights. However, at speed I had issues with bringing the fiber optic to the bottom of the sight chanel. I added some bright green paint below the red fiber optic and now I have what I feel to be a great set up. Precision shots are not affected, but my quick shots are hitting much more accurately.

34sights6.jpg

34sights2.jpg

34sights1.jpg

Green means GO!! :cheers:

Great pic thanks! Can I ask what your front sight height is? Is it POI or 6 O'Clock hold? I have a friend who is looking for his G22. I will probably end up with this set up on my G35 also. :cheers:

What's easier than painting part of the front sight green, so that you'll stop hammering the trigger with the red front dot pretty much anywhere in the rear notch?

If you don't have 'bifocal eyes' and you can focus on the front sight? Take a sharpie and black your front fiber out for one match. I very much think you'll like the increase in precision.

I don't miss my fiber optic front, at all.

Also, if you don't do that, you owe it to yourself to try a green front fiber. Even on a range covered in green grass which would logically make the front blend... Let's just say this. A friend swapped his out, then I did, now almost all of our locals are running a green front. It's easier to pick up, brighter... just better.

But a bloack front post, I find much easier to shoot fast if you also like being accurate. I just couldn't keep my attention on the corners of the sights with a big dot staring me in the face.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 3 months later...

I like my Warren/Sevigny sights. However, at speed I had issues with bringing the fiber optic to the bottom of the sight chanel. I added some bright green paint below the red fiber optic and now I have what I feel to be a great set up. Precision shots are not affected, but my quick shots are hitting much more accurately.

may I ask, what kinda of paint u used?

what brand and can you take it off, just in case you don't like?

Thanks,

Greg

I like the Dawson with a .09 or .100 front sight.

To be honest, I don't know how anyone can shoot without adjustables. Got a new gun last week, first thing I did was put on the Dawsons and spend a few minutes dialing them in. With fixed sights I wouldn't be able to adjust for new loads or for my preferred sight picture.

Thanks,

Greg

I used a Lime Green paint pen from Hobby Lobby. I do not remember the brand, but if I recall correctly, they only had one brand. It will come off with thinner, but it also came off of my shotgun with clp when i slipped up a little...

Warren/Sevignys- Competition rear on my 35s and Carry on the 23 (need to get it on my 27 still). All have the shorter, .215 high fiber optic fronts. I find those to be right for 6 oclock hold. Did not like the adjustable rears, to high and required a high front sight. Like the sights down low and like the solid rears (old habits die hard). I also like the smaller front rod, Dawsons were really bright. I am actually going to give blacking out the FO a try, finding that I am not consistently placing the dot in the rear sight.

Also, in case any did not know, Warren/Sevignys now can be bought with a .130 wide rear notch vs. the normal .150 for those who want a narrower rear notch. Oh, and they are tight! Have to hit the rears with the file a bit.

34sights6.jpg

34sights2.jpg

34sights1.jpg

Great pic thanks! Can I ask what your front sight height is? Is it POI or 6 O'Clock hold? I have a friend who is looking for his G22. I will probably end up with this set up on my G35 also. :cheers:

sorry for the late reply, just now saw the question: The POI/POA match up on my 34 at about 30 feet. My 24 is a 6 o'clock hold at that distance. I used the .215 front on both. I "judge" point of impact / point of aim with a laser bore sight... I am severly hyper when I shoot, so do not judge "my accuracy" as a measure for anyone other than me :surprise:

This system works for me, with my particular (lack) of style... If you look at my classifier scores, you could see that I need to work on my fundamentals, but this little cheat lets me run field courses quickly. As I progress with trigger control as well as other fundamentals, I will work on judging my actual POI with my current load...

Thanks,

Greg

I used a Lime Green paint pen from Hobby Lobby. I do not remember the brand, but if I recall correctly, they only had one brand. It will come off with thinner, but it also came off of my shotgun with clp when i slipped up a little...

cool, thanks for the reply.

I was really interested in what you used.

I think this will work out for me.

Now, all I have to do is wait on my sights to come in and I'll be going to Hobby Lobby today to get that Lime Green paint pen.

Thanks again,

Greg

Thanks,

Greg

Had my Warren/Sevigny sights installed on my G17 and now all I need is the Lime Green paint from Hobby Lobby.

If this works out for me, I'll installed them on my G34.

Greg

• 4 weeks later...

I roll with DP black adjustable rear and FO front (.285) on my primary piece (pic attached from when she was fairly new).

However, I have recently inherited my Grandpa's NIB gen 3 model 17... It will be my backup / alternate production gun. I've got all the mods for it planned out with the exception of the sight system, as I can't seem to make up my mind. I love my DPs but cannot dismiss all the buzz about the W/S rear sights. I'm just not too thrilled about the possibility of having to change out front sights to get the POA/POI I'm used to. Since it's a model 17, my research on the forum indicates that the standard .215 high front should be the correct choice for my gun. I have a sight pusher so adjusting intial windage on a fixed rear is no problem as both of my Berettas have fixed rears and had to got through that way back when i was shooting those guns.

Also to mention, I have on occasion had to make adjustments on the DP rear sight after changing loads :-o... I love having that capability... you can truly dial in your desired POA/POI.

So I'm kinda at a crossroads on this (for picking new gun's sights) since I came up in the sport with DP adjustables.

Well, I will continue to read sight threads daily until I figure it out! Now if I go Sevigny Comp for this 17 project, do I go regualar wide or narrow?? Damn!!

Chris

post-10391-0-14942900-1315666828_thumb.j