Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gold Custom Eric 2010 -Tanfoglio

nexus

Can you comment on this blaster . Tnx in advance

Full race single action semi automatic pistol specially made for the I.P.S.C. - Open Class competitions.

It is the full equipped out of the box version of Gold Custom Eric 2007: supplied with a special finishing named GK, a ported barrel with polygonal rifling, a lighter ported slide, a 2 chambers compensator, aluminium grips and magazine well, scope mount, slide racker and the finger support.

The trigger travel can be adjusted using the screw in the trigger while the magazine catch is reversible for left hand shooters. The custom ambidextrous safety and the chromed magazine with aluminium pad complete the outfit of the Gold Custom Eric 2010 model.

In the pistol case there are the cleaning set, the recoil spring set ( N° 2 recoil springs), N° 2 spare magazines with aluminium

pad, one 170mm magazine and the c-more sight with thumrest and blst shield already mounted

goldcuseric102jpg.jpg

Edited by nexus

Slide sits higher,this way recoil is absorbed better on the hands.

Different world compared to 2011.My opinion, you would need more parts

to maintain this than a 2011 gun, just my experience. 9mm doesn't work.

38super can run 100 percent but finicky.. slide to fit barrel and slide

is loose and not custom fitted. I must admit, they are beautiful and has

a competitive price compared to 2011.

Slide sits higher,this way recoil is absorbed better on the hands.

Different world compared to 2011.My opinion, you would need more parts

to maintain this than a 2011 gun, just my experience. 9mm doesn't work.

My expierence didn't match yours. The Tanfo I had, had a slide to frame and barrel fit that was probably better than the average off the shelf STI. No it was not as good as the fit on my smith built 2011. Regardless they are very accurate guns, and my 38Super Comp ran 100% all the time, and I didn't need any parts. The guy I sold it to dinked around turned it into a jamomatic, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

If you like a heavy gun you found one, they work good for small hands but mine seemed to be all jammed up, I have big hands and I like a lighter easier driving sporty machine.

IMHO they are very good guns in 38 Super and will get the job done, can't comment on 9 mm never owned one.

Is it small frames or large ? Are the IPSC European open guys are running small frames guns that actually work in 9mm that we cant get in the U.S. ? What kinda magazines come with the above Gold team ? 170mm ?

I've handled plenty of different Tanfoglio models and have shot many of them as well. Even though the open and standard pistols are built on the bigger frame, they are easy pistols to use for people with small hands. As for myself, despite having small hands, I favor the 2011-type pistols because of their ergonomics and build quality (speaking off the shelf STI for example). This is only my opinion, though, about the ergonomics. I know many people who like the Tanfoglio pistols with their CZ like ergonomics better than 1911/2011.

None of the many Tanfoglios I've tried/handled have exhibited the same level of precision as the STI, when it comes to fitting of the major components. But in .38 SC they've worked well and because of the slide lightening, hybrid holes etc. they shoot very flat as well.

BTW, One guy who knows about building and shooting pistols a lot, said that the Tanfoglio/CZ-type pistols are the easiest pistols to shoot fast and accurately. But, he still uses and builds 1911's and 2011's. As he's not making his living out of building or selling guns, this makes me question the durability of the other design...

Im from europe and i happily pay twice the amount for an svi. The tanfoglio are not so expensive over here, but i think the quality of svi is of à higher standard. The only thing i like is the grip, but now svi has signaturegrips so...

you try one before you buy. Some people have jams others dont.

I have no recent information on this topic but a lot of the durability issues date back to when we were loading to make 175PF (and often loaded to 180+PF to be safe) and the original Gold Team was in 9x21 on the small frame. The gun took quite a beating making major with a 9mm OAL. Since then, they converted to the large frame, making 38 Super OAL possible, and the power factor was lowered. I would assume that the pressure related issues that gave the old Golt Team a bad reputation have been solved.

With that said, the 1911 style guns were capable of easily handling the abuse of the old factor and the new factor makes it even easier.

As someone mentioned, SVI now offers a "Signature" grip that replicates the shape of the Tanfoglio grip, which is something that I have always liked. I have one now and can can say that it feels really comfortable.

• 3 weeks later...

hello everybody, last week i shoot the first 2011 match in france with the eric 2010 model. it's a small frame in 9x21.

no problem, good accuracy (only one noshoot) and no jam.

i'm finish at the 6 french place.

very good pistol.

post-27499-088128700 1301504608_thumb.jp

Still waiting for mine....in large frame 38SC really looking forward to see mine it was order in Sept, been told it should be here first week of April.

When did it become available in Europe ?

Still waiting for mine....in large frame 38SC really looking forward to see mine it was order in Sept, been told it should be here first week of April.

2010 ?

2010 ?

Yes, I knew it was coming from Eric G.

hello everybody, last week i shoot the first 2011 match in france with the eric 2010 model. it's a small frame in 9x21.

very good pistol.

So the Europeans are getting a Small frame gun that works with 9mm we cant get here,,,,

very good pistol.

So the Europeans are getting a Small frame gun that works with 9mm we cant get here,,,,

Yep, been that way for years. EAA didn't want to deal with people not knowing what they have, so they only sold large frames... brillant!

9mm doesn't work.

just came back from my local gunsmith, and he was finishing a custom build open tanfoglio 9mm major(tri-top slide, titanium comp etc etc) wich runs perfect, and i had a 9mm hc custom myself and that thing ran perfect for years.

• 2 weeks later...

9mm doesn't work.

just came back from my local gunsmith, and he was finishing a custom build open tanfoglio 9mm major(tri-top slide, titanium comp etc etc) wich runs perfect, and i had a 9mm hc custom myself and that thing ran perfect for years.

if it ran perfect for years was it older small frame?

if it ran perfect for years was it older small frame?

it was a small frame, from 2006, but a friend of mine has an old large frame .38super, wich also runs fine.

Who's your smith?

van mulekom, in the netherlands

Edited by bassochist