Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CZ Shadow T, short dust cover reports?

Gary H.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it handles very nicely. I have been using all the above models, to be honest, I am kinda liking the one I am shhoting at the time. It does run very nicely, and I ran tons of really hot ammo through it this week. It is a great buy.

Pat

I've had my 75 Shadow for about 3 weeks. So far, I like it very much. As stock I had issues with light primer strikes (both factory and reloaded ammo), but a mainspring swap sorted that out.

It's very accurate, very comfortable to shoot, and handles great. I am putting together a Production/SSP-worthy rig with a Blade-Tech SRB holster and a couple modified Uncle Mike's double mag pouches. Mine runs well with either the stock 18/19 round CZ mags or the 19 round Mec-Gar AFC mags. I should have the whole thing together for this weekend's Steel Challenge. It will be the first time I've ever shot competition with something other than a .45. Kinda looking forward to it, honestly.

it handles very nicely. I have been using all the above models, to be honest, I am kinda liking the one I am shhoting at the time. It does run very nicely, and I ran tons of really hot ammo through it this week. It is a great buy.

Pat

Pat..did you get the fixed sight version or the adj. sight version?

so jealous!!

Are the frames smaller on these than on the TS guns and if so, how much? Glad you guys like them so far!

Yes, the Shadow is a normal 75 "small-frame" design, in both short-dustcover ('75') and railed-dustcover ('SP01') variants. It's frame is the same size (and general design) as any other standard 75/85 CZ.

The TS is a separate "large-frame" design, using a larger frame with completely different (and larger) magazines.

• 3 weeks later...

Angus posted on his FB page that IDPA had inspected the pistol and stated it was legal for competition. That IPSC officials had inspected it at SHOT and should be approved and anticipated it would be legal for USPSA soon.

Legal for IDPA in what, SSP or still just ESP? When it get Prod approval I may make the switch from back from 1911's.

It's always been legal for ESP.

Which is why I said "still just..". I answered my question anyway, I dug it up on the czcustom site..........that news is killin me. I need to fondle one since what I like most about it is the beavertail but I want to see if it is that much of a difference. It kinda looks about halfway between a 75b and a SP01.

I thought CZ only had two beavertail designs on the 75/85 frame. Non-beavertail and Shadow style. Am I wrong?

The 75B SA has a beavertailed, non-railed, short-dustcover frame. AFAIK, it always has had that frame.

The newer stainless 75Bs seem to be using the same frame lines as the SA, but I haven't had a chance to compare them side-by-side to see if they are identical or not. (Not all of the stainless 75Bs use the beavertailed frame... some use a standard-style 75B/85B frame.)

I thought CZ only had two beavertail designs on the 75/85 frame. Non-beavertail and Shadow style. Am I wrong?

The 75B SA has a beavertailed, non-railed, short-dustcover frame. AFAIK, it always has had that frame.

Isn't that frame the same design as the Shadow from the trigger back?

Legal for IDPA in what, SSP or still just ESP? When it get Prod approval I may make the switch from back from 1911's.

It's always been legal for ESP.

I thought it wasn't for ESP because of the dustcover, BUT if it is legal for SSP (makes weight, no mods exluding it from SSP) then it is legal for ESP.

I thought it wasn't for ESP because of the dustcover, BUT if it is legal for SSP (makes weight, no mods exluding it from SSP) then it is legal for ESP.

We are talking about the new short dust cover 75 shadow.

Pat

Pat..did you get the fixed sight version or the adj. sight version?

so jealous!!

fixed sight. all black.

Hmm, SSP legal, USPSA production can't be far off...

Anyone want to buy a lightly used STI Trojan 9mm?

wish I could.

It's funny, I'm half-joking yet half-serious... the 9mm 1911 is fun, but it's lots more drama than a Shadow, and I'd be happy to never again experience the pain of not quite deactivating the grip-safety or the utter sadness of a stubborn 10rd mag that doesn't want to seat with the slide closed and a round in the chamber...

Might have to find the funds to have both...

Yep, the new Shadow T according to Angus' facebook page is now SSP legal in IDPA. USPSA said that it should be legal when the new list comes out April !. I'll be ordering my new T duo this week!

It's funny, I'm half-joking yet half-serious... the 9mm 1911 is fun, but it's lots more drama than a Shadow, and I'd be happy to never again experience the pain of not quite deactivating the grip-safety or the utter sadness of a stubborn 10rd mag that doesn't want to seat with the slide closed and a round in the chamber...

Might have to find the funds to have both...

That is what I keep thinking. :ph34r:

I went to the CZ Custom site and couldn't find any pictures of the new CZ Shadow. Does anyone know where pictures are posted? Just reading the thread makes me want one and I'm sure pictures will seal the deal!