Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

favorite IWB carry rig?

zipper046

OK, curious on what folks here use to carry their Glocks concealed and hear pro's/con's on why.

1) Current favorite: Comp-Tac M.T.A.C - use this for my G23. EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE.

Pro's: adjustable height, extra layer of leather on backside of holster so no sharp edges dig into you, tuckable, kydex side has positive lock on the weapon, has loops fore & aft of the holster so it isn't as thick as others and it is VERY stable and shifts minimally, can swap out the kydex side for other sized Glocks and have a versatile holster.

Con's: Kydex side of holster isn't as flexible/forgiving as leather and positioning is key so it doesn't dig into you.

2) Tucker Leather - Texas Heritage IWB - use this for my G23. VERY COMFORTABLE.

Pro's: excellent boning, loops fore & aft so weight is distributed evenly, excellent craftsmanship, adjustable height.

Con's: inside of holster has such good boning that the sharp edges/angles of the trigger guard dig into the side a bit (may soften up after more use).

3) High Noon - Split Decision - used this for my G23 & G27. COMFORTABLE.

Pro's: inexpensive, excellent steel spring clip, excellent craftsmanship, tuckable.

Con's: steel spring clip is in the middle of the holster alongside the weapon, making the holster thicker than others.

Overall, all 3 holsters are VERY GOOD. However, due to the extra layer of leather on the back of the MTAC, it is the most comfortable of the three. The Tucker Texas Heritage is the thinnest of the three, and may move to my number one if it softens up more over time.

Z-

G19 in a crossbreed supertuck. I'd get the combat cut one (I self-combat cut mine). It's a great holster and very comfortable. If they made it with a straight drop (no cant) it'd be absolutely perfect.

Milt Sparks Executive Companion II -- hands down the most comfortable IWB I've ever tried, and I tried a bunch, courtesy of friends.....

I still have an MTAC hanging around, but rarely use it, as it's harder to get on and off, and no more comfortable than the Sparks.....

Hello: Glock 19 and a Milt Sparks Executive Companion untill I find my Milt Sparks VM2 which is new in a box around here :surprise: The Milt Sparks is the best I've tried since I have a small 34" waist and the plastic holsters seem to bit me in all the wrong places :roflol: I use a Comp-Tac belt which helps alot. Thanks, Eric

G19 in a crossbreed supertuck. I'd get the combat cut one (I self-combat cut mine). It's a great holster and very comfortable. If they made it with a straight drop (no cant) it'd be absolutely perfect.

+1, I'm a holster snob. I criticize the crap out of every ccw holster and never stick with one. They all end up in the holster cemetary (second shelf of the closet). I picked up one of these and it is definetely the most comfortable holster I've ever worn. Really easy to put on/take off and fits really close to the body. It looks uglier than a bulldog eating a jar of mayonaise but the larger size distributes the weight so you don't feel so weighed down in one spot. It also fits both my 27 and 22 so I look at it as two holster's for the price of one.

Crossbreed Supertuck here as well. I have 3 of them for various guns, altho some get used more than others. Incredibly comfortable to wear all day and vry adjustable to ride height, cant, etc. The combat cut is helpful for attaining a good firm grip w/o having to adjust things once the gun is drawn. I wouldnt pay for them to cut it for you tho. depending on where you end up placing the gun in its final position, the cut may be a tad off. I just cut mine myself with a razor blade once i established a final gun position. works like a dream!

Plus you get a roll of cherry lifesavers with every order. I have no idea why :unsure: but I've gotten one each time and so have a couple of my friends, haha. :cheers:

WTF, I didn't get any lifesavers with mine. I got hosed for sure.

As to the OP, I carry off duty at all times and the cross breed is the best that I have found so far!

Edited by caz41

I use a MIC holster when I carry my Glock 19 IWB (appendix). Very slim and comfortable for me. It is also a very streamlined way to keep a Glock safe when it's in a bag, locker, glove box, etc.

Of course, I don't have enough posts to insert the link... you can google "Glock MIC" and it will come up.

However, I usually carry OWB (Bianchi Venom lately) if I'm carrying a Glock. More frequently, I carry a S&W J-frame in my pocket.

-Randy

Milt Sparks Executive Companion II -- hands down the most comfortable IWB I've ever tried, and I tried a bunch, courtesy of friends.....

I still have an MTAC hanging around, but rarely use it, as it's harder to get on and off, and no more comfortable than the Sparks.....

+1 On the Milt Sparks Executive Companion II. It is the most comfortable IWB out there and I've carried it with Glocks and I am carrying one now with a Colt Commander 45.

I loved my mtac til I took a pistol class with it. Reholstering sucks.

The M.T.A.C with the kydex holster portion?? With the kydex portion it always stays open...

No, not really -- the leather back portion collapses into the kydex, forcing an awkward muzzle toward body, to reopen the holster top, movement that I'm not terribly comfortable with....

If you're thinking of the 100% kydex holster, you're thinking of the CTAC -- which like all polymer IWBs I've tried I found to be very uncomfortable.....