Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GM vs A Class video

bigbear_98

I'm sure you've gone over this video a bunch of times, one obvious thing I noticed was stage execution. GM takes the first target array on the left, stays to the left for the next target array and then transitions to the right array. You transitioned from left to right and back to left. This seems to be a point where he really starts to pull ahead of you. Great learning technique tho by splitting the screen, very cool.

I assume the GM is on the left and the A-class is on the right?

You assume correctly

I'm sure you've gone over this video a bunch of times, one obvious thing I noticed was stage execution. GM takes the first target array on the left, stays to the left for the next target array and then transitions to the right array. You transitioned from left to right and back to left. This seems to be a point where he really starts to pull ahead of you. Great learning technique tho by splitting the screen, very cool.

Yeah. After we both shot, I asked him how he came to the plan he used. He said there were less transitions, That simple. I am figuring out I over think stages.

That is a very good way of making comparisons. You really do get to see the differences that way.

Yeah. It took foreeever to get the start buzzer the same. Of course I'm not a genius on the compiano.

I recognized that stage and looked up the scores, you guys shot it twice as fast as i did. Good shooting.

Hehe. Yeah? I enjoyed that match.

I need to learn who's handles are who's on here.The only people that I know who they are is aushooter, ntaylor00, and alamoshooter.

that split screen is a cool idea. ive done that a few times (compare videos, not the split screen) with another shooter in my division a couple levels up. really makes it obvious where Im lacking and where I can pick up time.

What I see is Dave has constant fluid motion from through the first 2 arrays and into the targets on the right. He shot the leftmost target first and continued moving to the second array. It looks like you stopped in the first array and shot it right to left before transitioning to the target(s) on the right hand side.

Great learning video!! Thanks!

:cheers:

What I see is Dave has constant fluid motion from through the first 2 arrays and into the targets on the right. He shot the leftmost target first and continued moving to the second array. It looks like you stopped in the first array and shot it right to left before transitioning to the target(s) on the right hand side.

Great learning video!! Thanks!

:cheers:

+1 yeah- it didn't seem like he was moving much.. but a little bit adds up for sure.

Transitions, Transitions, Transitions. Another GM shooter that watched it said David is smooooth and I looked lazy on the transitions. I agree. I need to speed it up and take a shorter route between targets. Going right left right was not the best way.

The funny thing is I feel like I can drive a rifle like a corvette between targets but I think I get scared with a pistol.

Here's another cool way to learn from videoing a couple different shooters. While the video images are not quite as clear as the "side by side" method, the outcome is still just as good.

I tried it that way on my first attempt as seen below. I couldn't figure out how to keep the videos from fading out at the start and finish and couldn't make the sound come through. Like I said I am not a genius with the compiano.

Cool idea! I did a side by side video too after seeing yours, came out pretty well I think.

Thanks for sharing the idea!

That was a good video. I bet it took a long time to get the buzzer the same on all the stages like that.

I think there is something wrong with your gun. It looked like you had to take it apart to fix it about every 6 shots?? :P

LOL Classic! :rolleyes: J/K

Come on! that was funny! I don't care who you are!

hahaha damn that was a good one!

It didn't take too long to sync the audio, I used Adobe Premiere, and you can visually see the sound wave for the BEEP on the two separate video tracks, all you have to do is to align the two, test it and do some minor calibration and you're done. Pretty easy. I imagine it would be difficult to do with software like iMovie or Live Movie Maker as they're designed to be simple moviemaking software.