Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gloves for USPSA?

G34 CORDY

I have been thinking about using either a thin batting gloves or golf gloves for uspsa. My problem is my hands get sweaty and very slippery. I have skate tape on my guns but I think I could get a better hold of the gun with a thin glove. Iam going to buy some and try it out, also cutting my trigger finger off the glove. I have only seen one guy at our club do this and dont seem to be very popular but if it helps me get a solid grip on the gun then Iam willing to be the odd man out lol.. Anyone else tried using gloves?

I usually don't shoot with gloves, but if I needed to, I would use these: http://www.amazon.com/Glacier-Glove-Lightweight-Shooting-Tactical/dp/B002T1G7K0/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1296965362&sr=8-18

I've been picking them up at closeout at the sports stores around here. They feel great and provide very, very good tactile feedback. I put them on when I'm not shooting, but running timer, paper, or taping.

I have never used pro-grip but I have seen alot of people using it. Would that be ok to use with skate tape on my gun?

Yes.

I use TruGrip (i.e. skateboard tape) and put a ProGrip like product on the palm and fingers of my support hand and the back of the fingers of my strong hand so that my hands don't slip on each other.

I like Brooks Tactical A-Grip on Glocks. I'm a new shooter so I always get nervous sweats about the time I'm on deck to go up. Their sales pitch is that it works better with sweaty hands and I can agree with that. There are precut wraparound grips for 28 bucks for a variety of guns in the Brownells Catalog.

Mitchum Smartsolid..............no white residue .......pick up at the grocery on the way to the match........cheap ..........works..........what more do you want.

B

Never had a problem with sweaty palms, but this dang Texas heat and Houston humidity keeps sweat pouring off my forehead and into my eyes.

The wifey suggested putting a little Secret Clinical Strength deodorant just below the hairline and it worked great. Carry it in my shooting bag once it warms up a bit.

Might work for sweaty hands also.

Bill

Pro grip will evaporate sweat very well. I'd try some of that before investjing in any gloves at all.

I found out about it on my last stage at area 4 last year, and my gun might as well have been a dead fish before I tried it, I had no idea it was squirming as much as it was, my grip was rock solid once I applied some Progrip, and I murdered that stage! It was awesome!

I'm a big an of Pro Grip. Use it all summer long. Might be more expensive than a one time purchase of gloves, but I don't think I would like the feel of gloves.

One word of advice, make sure you shake Pro Grip VERY WELL before you apply. It works because there are tiny micro silica particles in it, and if you don't shake it, it won't work as well as it should.

Also, make sure you are on deck or in the hole when you apply. It takes about 15-20 seconds for it to do it's work. If you apply and step to the line, you may be still trying to get it to dry up when the Make Ready command is given.

Any pine trees around? Chop into one a couple of days before the match and get some of that pitch on your hands. Don't expect to have a pretty gun afterwards though.

Could make reloads a little difficult. Not good when the mag is still stuck to your hand. :roflol:

P.S. I thought Flex told you to go stand in the corner?? :ph34r:

Any pine trees around? Chop into one a couple of days before the match and get some of that pitch on your hands. Don't expect to have a pretty gun afterwards though.

Could make reloads a little difficult. Not good when the mag is still stuck to your hand. :roflol:

P.S. I thought Flex told you to go stand in the corner?? :ph34r:

That would imply that I actually was allowed out of the corner for a short time.... :roflol: