Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Area 1 Multigun Championship

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a division is not "recognized", will it still be scored separately, and just not receive any awards? Or would we not even be able to shoot in that division. (thinking of shooting limited) Who else is signed up for limited so far?

If a division is not "recognized", will it still be scored separately, and just not receive any awards? Or would we not even be able to shoot in that division. (thinking of shooting limited) Who else is signed up for limited so far?

It looks like this will be a open and tactical match only, unless there are many late entrys.

Not recognized means no scores, no awards, no division....

the same issue happened at the 2010 MGN in vegas, the heavy metal shooters had to go to limited.

I was among the HM shooters at nationals last year. We where not forced to change divisions, Mr Voigt was kind enough to offer to recognize all divisions even without the required 10 shooters. We decided as a group that it would be lame to crown a national champion with only 3 shooters in the division. I assume that those who have entered under limited and heavy will at least get to compete in tactical as the rules allow?

Mr Voigt was kind enough to offer to recognize all divisions even without the required 10 shooters.

It would be great if USPSA would make that same offer to the smaller area matches as well.

maybe 5 or more at least, per division.

Mr Voigt was kind enough to offer to recognize all divisions even without the required 10 shooters.

It would be great if USPSA would make that same offer to the smaller area matches as well.

its up to the match director.

limiting total number of shooters to 100ish, then saying 10 or more is needed to reconize the smaller divisions in a regional type match is pretty much discouraging shooters who like the smaller divisions from even signing up...

just my .02

jj

Edited by RiggerJJ

its up to the match director.

jj

No, it is NOT.

Per rule 6.2.2 In USPSA sanctioned matches, the minimum number of competitors

stipulated in Appendix A2 must compete in each Division for it to be

recognized. If there are insufficient competitors in a Division, the

Match Director may allow that Division to stand without official

USPSA recognition.

An Area match is level 3 and therefore 10 competitors must be entered for a division to be recognized.

Then AR state (not sure what level it was) and Nats broke the rules last year. And those are only the ones I know of...

You can quote rules all day long, it still remains that it discourages smaller division shooters from attending...

JJ

its up to the match director.limiting total number of shooters to 100ish, then saying 10 or more is needed to reconize the smaller divisions in a regional type match is pretty much discouraging shooters who like the smaller divisions from even signing up...

just my .02

jj

Sorry JJ, but this is incorrect. It's in the rule book that we have to have 10 to recognize. It's not the MD's choice. There is a lot that I'd like to change about the USPSA rule book. Especially after trying to come up with legal stages for this match, and dealing with some of the restrictions imposed. I hope we get to work together on the new USPSA rules.

This is one of the issues I'm torn about. I understand the desire to recognize all the divisions and that we need to recognize them before people will invest in equipment to shoot them. But crowning a Division champion among 1, 2, or 3 people is a disservice to the Division champion that competed against 65 other competitors to earn his title. Maybe having a way to designate smaller divisions as categories if participation is too low? Either way, there will not be a fix to this before the A1MG match.

its up to the match director.limiting total number of shooters to 100ish, then saying 10 or more is needed to reconize the smaller divisions in a regional type match is pretty much discouraging shooters who like the smaller divisions from even signing up...

just my .02

jj

Sorry JJ, but this is incorrect. It's in the rule book that we have to have 10 to recognize. It's not the MD's choice. There is a lot that I'd like to change about the USPSA rule book. Especially after trying to come up with legal stages for this match, and dealing with some of the restrictions imposed. I hope we get to work together on the new USPSA rules.

This is one of the issues I'm torn about. I understand the desire to recognize all the divisions and that we need to recognize them before people will invest in equipment to shoot them. But crowning a Division champion among 1, 2, or 3 people is a disservice to the Division champion that competed against 65 other competitors to earn his title. Maybe having a way to designate smaller divisions as categories if participation is too low? Either way, there will not be a fix to this before the A1MG match.

Understand Chuck...

its just frustrating. Instead of encouraging the smaller divsions to grow, we seem to be hell bent on fire to discourage them with rule sets, and in some cases, smothering them or plain ol leaving them out...

Some years back I got fired up about shooting Modified pistol here in good ol USA. boy was that a mistake...I do still have a Modified pistol thou... :)

jj

I will be there. Quick question, is there any activities for family in the area? Sorry I'm a family man. If not it would be nice to know. Would save me from hearing my wife tell me she should have stayed home :)

Any help would be appreciated, regardless I will be there, can't wait. Thanks

There are things to do in Meridian/Boise area. Water Park, Mall, Cabelas

30 slugs? Damn!

Stages are almost finished and it won't be anywhere near 30 slugs. Unless you really miss...alot.

Chuck.. if you have slugs on paper.. willit be one slug anywhere is netrualized.. or same as pistol/rifle?

Thanks..

There have been no shortage of limited shooters in any of the other 3 gun matches I have been fortunate enough to make it to this year. Why would this match be any different? I guess I better check and see how many limited shooters have signed up for nationals this year as well. Chuck, as hard as it is for me to not post a sarcastic response to some of the things in this thread, I do know that you are trying to do your best for the shooters in your area.

30 slugs? Damn!

Stages are almost finished and it won't be anywhere near 30 slugs. Unless you really miss...alot.

Chuck.. if you have slugs on paper.. willit be one slug anywhere is netrualized.. or same as pistol/rifle?

Thanks..

Haven't decided for sure. For now I would plan on regular neutralization, 1 A/B or 2 anywhere.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Sorry, have been away for a bit.

Squadding will be done on Sat morning at check-in. There will be a squad sign in sheet with each RO's name at the top. First-come-first-served. If you get there first, you can sign your buddies up as well. I think we're shooting for 10 per squad to keep things moving.

Dustin, you registered on 6/30/2011 for Open Div / Sr. Look forward to seeing you all in Oct. Tell the mice to quit playing with matches, and maybe I'll have a chance to finalize the stages and get them posted. Oh yeah, and maybe do some logistical prep for the match...

Speaking of which, anybody have a good scoresheet for Time Plus? EzWin ver4.whatever doesn't do Time Plus score sheets. Might save me some time for other things that need done... thanks!

if questions, shoot me an email.

We've had a couple of cancellations, so filoing those slots by going down the wait list in the order they were received.

Edited by 2MoreChains

I'll PM you a score sheet tonight that I made up for the Northwest Multigun Challenge to work with EzWin. It uses the same order and wording as the scoring program and worked well. If you want I can change the match name on the top and convert to PDF before I send it.

Doug

I'll PM you a score sheet tonight that I made up for the Northwest Multigun Challenge to work with EzWin. It uses the same order and wording as the scoring program and worked well. If you want I can change the match name on the top and convert to PDF before I send it.

Doug

Doug, very kind of you. PM replied to.

Thanks!